Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Let's Play Fallout of the North Star  (Read 1989 times)

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
Let's Play Fallout of the North Star
« on: July 06, 2010, 11:07:44 AM »

: My name is Kenshiro, although some call me 'Ken' for short. I am on a quest for revenge. A man I once considered my friend betrayed me and left me for dead, abducting my fiancée in the process. I have been wandering the wastelands in search of them for some time now.

During my journey, I collapsed from dehydration. The people of this underground complex, this "Vault", they took me in, they nursed me back to health. But now, they are the ones in trouble, for their water filtration system -- water chips, they call them -- ceased functioning. They need another one, from another vault. Now, it is my turn to help them. I will travel to this other vault, and I will find this Water Chip for them.

: As you can see, I am quite capable of accomplishing this task. In addition to having nigh-godlike strength and speed, I am dexterous, stout, and fairly intelligent. I am not, however, what you might call a 'people person'. Nor am I (if you could not tell by the fact that my story began with me being nearly killed twice) not the luckiest person in the world.

However, I would argue that I do not necessarily need luck...

: ... For I know the ultimate assassination technique: Hokuto Shinken, the Fist of the North Star.

: I strike at my enemy's 708 channeling points --

: Which allow me to control their bodies however I wish. Usually, they explode. Violently.

: All of these rats?

: They're already dead.

I mean, you can't really see it that well because I'm in the middle of a dark cave, but I assure you they're all quite exploded.

: Worry not, vaultdwellers. I will find your waterchip.

And just you wait, Shin. I will have my revenge.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Fallout of the North Star
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 11:10:26 AM »

I don't think you can fit 708 pressure points onto a rat Kenshiro, you don't even fight rats normally. :(c

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »

I think during the Evil Toki arc he manages to find pressure points on a bunch of animal/human hybrids.

And then there's the bit where he figures out that Souther's pressure points are all fucked up after he actually bothers to check.

Also he's fucking Kenshiro.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »

y-you're going to get dogmeat, right?
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 06:57:03 AM »

Dogmeat will have to suffice as his Bart substitute.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 03:20:52 PM »

After several grueling days of travel, Kenshiro finally arrives at the Vault that the Water Chip is located.

At which point he murdered a scorpion the size of a Honda Accord with a knife.

: Why is it called a Radscorpion? I don't get it.

: Why call a giant scorpion 'Rad'? It doesn't make sense to me.

: I mean, yeah, a scorpion twice the size of a normal human is pretty rad I'll admit

: But they're creatures everybody fears so it seems weird that they'd oh shit its a bear

: was a bear.

Using a little bit of ingenuity, Kenshiro manages to fashion a rope from the bears intestines, which he uses to rappel down a nearby elevator shaft.

On the next floor, Kenshiro finds some centuries old clothes.

: The jumpsuit was okay, but you know, there's something nostalgic about this outfit. It feels -- I don't know how to put it -- it feels right.

With a new found feeling of invigoration, Ken proceeds to leap down the nearest elevator shaft

And with honed reflexes, lands on top of a mutant pig, making it explode.

: Son of a bitch, I just got this outfit.

Ken takes his anger over his ruined new outfit out on the nearby mutant wildlife. Of course, since they all explode, the situation is only exacerbated.

: FUCKING BEARS

Making the situation worse, the Vault has suffered its share of cave-ins, meaning any Water Chips that could have been stored here have long since been rendered useless.

The Vault ruins red ran with the blood of rats that day.

But, hey, he gained a level. And a perk! Ken can now make people explode with his fists slightly better.

And now he can make them explode a lot better.

: yaay

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 07:10:09 PM »

You used a knife in a Fist of the North Star run? Disqualified.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 07:14:31 PM »

It's okay if the scorpion threw it at him first.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 09:17:56 PM »

During his travels, Kenshiro encountered a small boy who tried to kill him. The boy failed, and when Kenshiro asked why the boy said it was because some Radscorpions made him do it or else his little brother would be killed.

This is just some poetic justice here, Doom.