Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Sorry about flaking out on EK3, maybe have a Knytt level to make up for it?  (Read 1312 times)

Healy

• Tested
    • View Profile

So, yeah. EK3, if it ever is going to happen, won't happen with me. Buuut I actually have been working on a couple Knytt levels since that went down. This, called Awful Mountain Climber Restaurant, is the first that I think you guys'd be into, though. It is actually pretty challenging! It is labeled as Normal in the editor, but it is at the harder end of that, and could be classified as Hard, depending on how you look at things. ANYWAY you guys should probably give it a try! It's got multiple endings and junk. Have Kazz LP it drunk, if that is even still a thing he does (I haven't really seen him around).
the assassination of video james by the coward electronic arts

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Nice work. The hardest part about this game was listening to the yodeling.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Seriously. I almost muted my speakers but then I was like I DON'T PLAY ON EASY MODE

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

The background music for Friday's hidden boss in EK3 is composed entirely of vuvuzelas.

Healy

• Tested
    • View Profile

Seriously. I almost muted my speakers but then I was like I DON'T PLAY ON EASY MODE
Glad you liked it. Did you go for any of the alternate endings?
the assassination of video james by the coward electronic arts

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Yeah, I got all three, after the first ending prompted me.

It's a nice little piece of work. I can tell you put a lot of time and effort and consideration into it. It's a bit easy for my tastes, (me being a killer robot and all) but that doesn't diminish my appreciation for it. I think you were perhaps a TAD too liberal with save points, though, even from a killer robot perspective. I know the game wasn't about MEGA CHALLENGE HARD MODE ENABLED but I think the intent was to give a moderate challenge at times. There were a few tricky parts but since save points were so plentiful, I never felt like it mattered if I died.

Anyway, not saying plentiful save points aren't a good thing (because they are) but in this particular case it felt a bit overdone, even immersion breaking at times.

Of course, again, Killer Robot, so other people may not have this problem. Just my feedback, for what it's worth. Playing it made me sad you dropped out of ek3, because it was quality stuff. In fact, the whole section would be a perfect High Jump area if it had been in ek3.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Why not have some of these put into EK3? We need more content. When's that coming out, anyway?
...but is it art?

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Is... is that a joke? EK3 is in development hell. It has no release date.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Move on to EK4. Let EK3 fade into myth and legend.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Let's release three Exquisite Knorpses onto campus, labeled "1," "2," and "4." They'll spend hours looking for the third one. It's a classic.
...but is it art?

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Maybe you should call "1" "Gaiden" instead to really get things confusing.