Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: I Am Obsessed With Appearances: The Fashion Thread  (Read 7843 times)

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
I Am Obsessed With Appearances: The Fashion Thread
« on: July 29, 2010, 09:00:32 PM »

i like fashion you guise lets have a thread lets have a thread

So I feel like completely reinventing my look, as I sometimes do.

I'm looking into sort of a "business-punk" aesthetic. Like really nice dress shirts and stuff coupled with casual accessories. I'll draw something up later. Anyway, I found a great lightweight dress shirt for it today, but it's $27.

grr argh

Buying too fucking much clothing is what got me into the most financial trouble last time I moved out, so I've gotten a lot more aware of just how to buy clothes I like without going bankrupt. This is setting off alarms, but on the other hand... it's a really nice shirt.

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: I Am Obsessed With Appearances: The Fashion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 09:53:14 PM »

Dress shirts for $27?  That's actually pretty cheap, most of the decent stuff starts at $50 (Therefore if it is a nice shirt at $27 buy it I am a bad financial planner).  I wear a lot of shirts+slacks for work, and I adore suits.  When I'm dressing casual I'm kind of a fan of noveau-hippie, stuff like this.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 05:38:25 AM »

You could always just design your own shirt.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:12:56 AM »

That's too expensive.

I like designing clothes, but I'd sooner do it by hand. I'm looking into screenprinting right now. I might take up sewing.

...chances are at some point I'm going to get bored of that shirt and make something completely different out of it. :whoops:

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »

That's too expensive.

I like designing clothes, but I'd sooner do it by hand. I'm looking into screenprinting right now. I might take up sewing.

...chances are at some point I'm going to get bored of that shirt and make something completely different out of it. :whoops:

Making clothes is so expensive D:

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:18:48 AM »

But so awesome if you do it right!

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »

Making stuff is fun and rewarding. If the end result is something practical that I can use every day, that only sweetens the deal.

I've been sitting on some designs for forever now that I'm just itching to screenprint.

clutch

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 02:05:46 PM »

Between Ross ($3 DKNY ties! $0.50 pocket squares!) and thrifting, this entire outfit cost me about $60, including the $40 I spent on the jacket (H&M sale). The pocket handkerchief might be a bit much, but I think it looks good.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »

My main vice clothing wise is shoes. I have like a dozen pairs of sneakers to match any outfit I can make. Not to say I wouldn't blow a ton of money on all sorts of clothes if I could, but that's the main sink.

On that note, because I think I'm a thirteen-year-old girl I mainly shop at Pac Sun and Zumies. The latter having a discount sneaker section and the former discount hoodies / button-ups.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 02:30:58 PM »

I buy all my shoes at Zumiez.

Skate shoes are always so comfortable - I can't really wear tennis/running shoes anymore due to how narrow they are

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »

I don't buy nearly enough shoes. I usually just have one pair that I wear until they're utterly destroyed.

It makes me super sad that I can't find any womens' shows in my size.
Even crossdressing specialty stores online are basically all kinky boots. I just want normal shoes in a slightly larger size.

I got a new hat today! I've been pulling off red and black checkered accessories lately. This helps.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 08:02:47 PM »

I don't buy nearly enough shoes. I usually just have one pair that I wear until they're utterly destroyed.

It makes me super sad that I can't find any womens' shows in my size.
Even crossdressing specialty stores online are basically all kinky boots. I just want normal shoes in a slightly larger size.

Let me introduce you to Payless. I think you will find it becomes your new best friend in regards to shoe-shopping. They have sizes up to Ladies 12. I'm a Ladies 11, but I can squeeze into a 10 sometimes.

Also, shopping for shoes online can be a bit of a crapshoot. You may end up with a pair that looks nice but pinches your toes or scrapes your ankle or something. Going to buy shoes in-store, regardless of how mortifying it can be, is really the best option.

I have so many shoes from Payless, it's scary.

If you are looking for kinky stripper shoes or just a nice pair of heels, may I suggest Snaz75?

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 09:18:28 PM »

Christ, Buge, you have tiny feet. No wonder you're one of them lady-boys.

I wear a ten and a half wide men's and I have some of the smallest feet of any dude I know. I like shoes well enough, but I've never been able to rationalize buying any, because to date the only pair of shoes that has been comfortable for me to wear is a pair of velcro-up shoes and to be perfectly honest even those kind of suck. I have wide arches and a somewhat narrow heel, but the ball of my foot is about the normal size. So I can't fit into 10s at all, 11s slip off my heel, but 10 and a half is too snug and is actually painful to wear for the first three days to three weeks I have the shoes, depending on how resilient they are. Needless to say, I buy cheap shoes. Anything more durable than a 20 dollar special from payless is going to be extremely painful to wear.

My main vice clothing wise is shoes. I have like a dozen pairs of sneakers to match any outfit I can make. Not to say I wouldn't blow a ton of money on all sorts of clothes if I could, but that's the main sink.

On that note, because I think I'm a thirteen-year-old girl I mainly shop at Pac Sun and Zumies. The latter having a discount sneaker section and the former discount hoodies / button-ups.

I used to know a guy at my first job in OK who was a shoe collector. He collected Air Jordan shoes and to a lesser extent a few of the other premium basketball shoes. He had something like 50 pairs of Jordans at his dorm (he was in Oklahoma to go to OSU) and then back at home heh ad like a hundred more pairs. He literally had a different 150 dollar pair of shoes for every outfit he wore. He was extremely serious about them, too. He'd bring leather polish in to work in case he scuffed them, and he could spot a counterfeit pair just by line of sight. He could tell if the material was wrong, the stitching was wrong, the laces, etc. Dude was fucking serious about shoes.

I'd honestly like to try on a pair of Jordans some day, because the fuckers look comfortable, but I am way too white for those shoes.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 11:51:25 PM »

I've gotta say, I wear nice clothing(All my clothes are generally expensive, usually the dress shirts and slacks are custom fitted) but my style is generally... I dunno, James says I look like a bruise because I generally wear black, blue OR black AND blue... I don't actually own THAT much clothing compared to some people. I have 2 blue and 3 black t-shirts. 3 Black dress shirts, 3 blue dress shirts and 2 blue/black striped dress shirts. 7 pairs of dress slacks, 2 blue, 1 tan, 4 black. For shoes I have one pair of classic black and white Chuck Taylors and 2 pairs of black leather dress shoes, polished to shin

In all seriousness the black and blue goes deep in my clothes I have 10 pairs of blue boxers and 8 pairs of black dress socks too... Man, that's like, ALL THE CLOTHES I OWN.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 04:18:33 AM »

I used to know a guy at my first job in OK who was a shoe collector. He collected Air Jordan shoes and to a lesser extent a few of the other premium basketball shoes. He had something like 50 pairs of Jordans at his dorm (he was in Oklahoma to go to OSU) and then back at home heh ad like a hundred more pairs. He literally had a different 150 dollar pair of shoes for every outfit he wore. He was extremely serious about them, too. He'd bring leather polish in to work in case he scuffed them, and he could spot a counterfeit pair just by line of sight. He could tell if the material was wrong, the stitching was wrong, the laces, etc. Dude was fucking serious about shoes.
They have sizes up to Ladies 12. I'm a Ladies 11, but I can squeeze into a 10 sometimes.
I'm a mens' 11. :painful:

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 05:26:26 AM »

Christ, Buge, you have tiny feet. No wonder you're one of them lady-boys.

Well, they're not so small I can shop at any upscale fashion boutiques. Those usually max out at size 10. It's done wonders for my budget though! I can get a nice pair of $30 shoes at Payless and not be tempted to shop at Aldo or Fluevog.

The largest shoes I've seen were a mens size 12. That was my old roommate Chip. He had clown feet.

My ex's dad, on the other hand, had teensy elf feet. Size 6, I think.

I'm a mens' 11. :painful:

Well, you may be able to squeeze into a size 12, but otherwise, :nyoro~n:

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 06:15:51 AM »

SMALL FEET = YOU ARE A LADY BOY
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 07:01:21 AM »

Well, I'm a men's 8 and a half or 9, depending on the shoe, so... *sashays*

Of course I buy one type of shoe only: dark, non-patterned, steeltoed workboots. It's the form of footwear that comes closest to being universally useful.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »

Dang, you guys make me wonder if we're even on the same numbers scale. I wear size 13.

My shoe-buying method is to go to every shoe store in town, look at the single pair of size 13 shoes they have at each place (if they even have one), and then pick the least horrible one overall. ::(:

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 07:47:03 AM »

This thread reminds me I haven't been clothes shopping in about a year(or two?) now. ::(:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6