Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

When would you be available to play some Bronto SC2 multiplayer?

Sunday
- 8 (21.1%)
Monday
- 4 (10.5%)
Tuesday
- 6 (15.8%)
Wednesday
- 6 (15.8%)
Thursday
- 6 (15.8%)
Friday
- 3 (7.9%)
Saturday
- 5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Starcraft II: Brontos of Liberty - Friend Info and Gaming Night Poll  (Read 7171 times)

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
Re: Starcraft II: Brontos of Liberty - Friend Info and Gaming Night Poll
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »

You mean voidrays.

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 09:08:18 PM »

I would like to play against some of you, just so I can get a game in with someone besides Kayin. *Grumble* He always murders my facehole with his stalkers and collosi.

friend info plz

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 11:20:30 AM »

6pm Pacific (9pm Eastern) tonight.  Be there before your Zs get nerfed.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »

5 minutes to go, are people gonna be on?
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 04:56:10 PM »

indeed

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »

where yall bitches at

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 07:26:07 PM »

That was fun, we played a bunch of 4v4 against pubbies.  Won two, lost two.

gg/qq all

Defenseless Cow

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »

I guess I might as well as leave this thing here?

Ereror-670/Ereror@gmail.com
bloogablooga

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »

I need to play this game, much, much more frequently! Other than Sunday, when should you people be around?
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 04:28:26 PM »

:(

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 07:51:27 PM »

Sorry, was out of town last week and will still probably be out of town this Sunday.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 10:23:29 AM »

You can always bug me other times.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 08:39:30 PM »

So, do any of you dorks still play this? I am debating getting this to play with you guys, but I don't want to spend 60 bucks on a game that I will suck in one or two games with friends in.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 09:32:40 PM »

Probably not to the extent you'd like. I'll literally play whenever asked, but don't like, hang around. But also I'm a jerk who doesn't play 2v2s or anything unless a bunch of people twist my arm about it at th esame time. I'm the pure face punching experience. Esperath I'm sure will still play and I don't know what Defenstration is up to but I bet he'd play too. Also friday will be playing soon.

I'd say it's a tossup. Knowing you, I'd probably pass, but if your jonesing for Starcraft, there will be friends you can play with occasionally.

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 09:44:25 PM »

I was harassing joxam to play tonight and he was all 'im a bad' and I was all 'so what' and then friday said she is gonna marry SC2 and I said great let's play and she's all 'oh, I can't until we say our vows'

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 10:25:52 PM »

YOUR MOM'S A BAD

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2010, 01:02:13 AM »

I would definately play whenever I am around. I suddenly got very very busy for good reasons, but I do love the game.

Well, I'll play as soon as my computer that isn't a laptop with 256 megs of ram is fully functional again anyway.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 12:30:30 AM »

Alright, I watched replay 2. Thoughts!

Smiler: If you attacked almost anywhere between 6:00-9:00 (also go into options and turn on your clock)about, you would have won, flat out. Now, Doom could have not been macroing well because he was like "lol ez mode", but still, you had an economic lead for some time. So heres some key advice.

First: KEEP BUILDING WORKERS. NEVER STOP. EVER

Well okay, around 60 you might wanna stop(but not necessarily), but if you aren't sure, BUILD MORE SCVs. You want 30 workers per base. 24 on minerals and 6 on gas. If you're on one base and have 30 workers, KEEP BUILDING WORKERS. When your expansion finishes, send half of your mineral guys over to the other base (just a rough estimate) and your economy will jump. Neither of you were building enough workers, but Doom went so far as expanding on like, 16 drones.

Second: Try and avoid queuing. Queued money is money that could be spent NOW. It's tied up assets that aren't helping you. This is more important early on. Generally you want to try and queue a worker a little before the last finishes. Now if you have a BUILD ORDER (I'll get to that), you can kinda cheat this sometimes but anyways. Anyways this plays into the next point.

Third: SPEND MONEY. This is what killed you with Doom. You were floating like a thousand mineral. SPEND IT. If you can't spend it, BUILD MORE PRODUCTION BUILDINGS. A terran can support about 4 unit producing structures off of 1 base... Well, more like two barracks and two of any other structure (or 1 barrack, 2 factory!). That means you can almost constantly produce units out of those 4 buildings. Now, you also shouldn't queue much. You definitely shouldn't fill the cue. Thats not TRULY spending money, thats hiding money. You're new and your macro won't be good, so you're going to want MORE THAN 4 UNIT PRODUCING STRUCTURES. If you have 8 Barrack of one base, fine, whatever, thats better than not spending money. If you have less than 4 production buildings, BUILD MORE.

Fourth: This will help with all of it. USE YOUR CONTROL GROUPS. Man, even Doom didn't do this (and going easy is not an excuse). I saw you occasionally hotkey your barracks, but thats not enough. This is the setup I use for terran.

1-3 UNITS (organized however. If you end up using 1 control group for units and just attack move, thats fine for now)
4 All Command Centers. This makes it easy to mule and scan.
5 All Barracks
6 All Factories
7 All Starports

Sometimes I do stuff like combined factories and starports but thats not important. The nice thing about this is you don't have to worry about checking every building. Press 5, see if if stuff is building and then if you need more stuff, pound A and load up on marines. Multi Building Select is SOOOO good. Get into the habit of this. it also makes it easy to keep up with SCV production and moving rally points quickly. DOOM. CONTROL GROUP THOSE DAMN HATCHERIES. WHATS THE POINT OF AN EXPO WITH 3 DRONES IF YOU'RE NOT EVEN USING THE LARVA D:<

So in Short~
BUILD WORKERS(constantly)
SPEND MONEY(but don't queue)
DON'T QUEUE (when you can help it)
USE CONTROL GROUPS(and hot keys while we're at it. BUILD WORKERS, 4 S, 4 S, 4 S, 4 S!)

Some more advanced stuff. CONSIDER A BUILD ORDER.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Reactor_Hellion_Expand_(vs._Zerg)

Also give this a look...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=126942

This allows you to quickly practice and test build orders. Spending just a half hour or so getting the basics of your order down. If you don't know what build orders mean, its timing based on your food count. Basically for example, you build your first supply depot as soon as you can after building your 10th SCV. This assumes constant SCV production, so keep em coming. This means you can queue up to your 10th scv for example and then just pay attention to other things until you can build your depot, but be careful.

I like this a lot vs Zerg. It gives you a clear cut time to put pressure on. You have to put pressure on Zerg or they will make more workers than you and crush you later. Despite popular opinion, Zerg are not aggressive early on. Well, if they are, they're cheesing. They want to be left alone. DO NOT LEAVE THEM ALONE. Every set of Zergling you force them to make and die in defense is drones that could have been.

Don't expand like a crazy person. Granted that map is "good" for that, but it's also a stupid 1v1 map. Take your natural, especially when it has a simple choke to defend from. Your wall off is primarily for the first 8 or so minutes of the game. After that, get out and defend your natural. Your natural is at the bottom of your ramp. There is a time and a place for sneaky expanding, but generally sollid play prevails. I'd also say scout more. Catch those weirdly placed expansions and KILL them.

Oh yeah, scouting. Even if you just randomly throw an SCV out to look around, it's worth it. an SCV is also cheaper than a scan, though not necessarily as informative. Scan, with the effectiveness of mules, costs about 300 minerals to use.

OH ALSO IF YOU BUILD MARINES/MARAUDERS, RESEARCH STIM PACKS FROM THE TECH LAB. Stim is AWESOME. If you have medivacs, you basically just press T every time you encounter his army.

Anyways these are all just littler things to keep in mind. Focus on the first 4. That might seem like a lot, but those are fundamental. You did very good. JUST DO THOSE 4 THINGS AND BE AGGRESSIVE. There is a time and a place for being defensive and you don't know what it is yet, so go out there and PUNCH SHIT IN THE FACE.

edit: oh and I agree with Doom, you did very well for having no experience.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 07:53:04 AM »

I definitely need to get used to the mentality of building everything forever. The biggest thing I have to work on right now is micro, since I am having trouble working on more than one thing at a time. I have to build supply depots before I hit the cap.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 08:14:55 AM »

I'm Doomykins 919 and Smiler is Smiler 609 for this thread.

Also Kayin I'm learning a lot myself but thanks for the pointers. For some reason, Ctrl Groups feel less necessary to me on Zerg. Bad habit I should break I suppose. I Ctrl Group routinely on Terran/Toss but on Zerg I have to make the rounds and spit on every hatchery anyway.

Also.. the hatchery with three drones? I think that's the one Smiler used his first scan on, which really ruined it's "he will never check here" surprise expansion nature! Like I said, I expected him to raze it within a minute so I neglected it for at least five minutes. It was a stroke of luck for him(2:7 odds to actually scan somewhere I am/expanding to) and if he was bolder I'd have been in trouble.

Doom vs Smiler 1 Human-like Harass Training
Doom vs Smiler 2 Human-like Scouting Training
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5