Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Roguelike Ideas & Discussion  (Read 581 times)

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Roguelike Ideas & Discussion
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:51:27 AM »

Quote from: Nerd talking about the Serial Killer Roguelike being a "Hoax"
Me myself, I’m sorry there are lots of other real projects which yell for attention and feedback for years, yet never receive the kind of input it wasted.

Quote from: Zara
Well maybe those real projects should have an interesting concept behind them, instead of being yet another orc basher simulation.

Hahah, nice.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
Re: Roguelike Ideas & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »

I... get angry at things sometimes.

Heavens, the whole thread has been reduced to "blarghargh he's ripping off a popular IP why will people notice him and not my LotR-ripping roguelike"

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Ideas & Discussion
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 10:06:01 AM »

Was it really even that much of a Dexter Rip off? I never really got that from it but then my attention to this has been fleeting at best. It seemed to me like he wanted to make a serial killer roguelike, and that was it. I guess all this talk of the player being able to just kill anyone, or act like more of a vigilante is what bred the obvious Dexter comparison there, but this was apparently never a real game anyway!

I'm pretty sure that was just one game mechanic someone mentioned and then the rumor mill ran with and not so much an honest attempt at making a Dexter game. It's like you say, that's like claiming any fantasy roguelike is ripping off Tolkien if it has orcs in it except that as generic as orcs have become, serial killing is still a much more generic idea so like, what the fuck?
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.