Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: LP Hell  (Read 974 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
LP Hell
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:50:53 AM »

As suggested by Frocto who's off on another Cambodian sex tour or something, this event will be a cooperative one.  Of sorts.

To begin with, you will be randomly assigned another participant.  You must give that participant a list of three games (or movies or whatever) to LP.  That participant then may either LP 30 minutes of one of those games, or 10 minutes of each, or whatever random combination he/she chooses that adds up to 30.

At the end of the event each set of LPs will be scored based on whatever criteria the judges feel like scoring on.  Your score will be based on a combination of your LPs, and the LPs of the person you suggested games to.  What this means is, you had better try to maximize the entertainment value of your suggestions.

A few things to keep in mind:
* Try to tailor your suggestions to the person you're assigned to.  Nothing says you have to suggest terrible games.  SOME people thrive on that sort of bullshit, but others not so much, and your job is to give them the tools they need to make the best stuff possible.
* The game itself is half the LP.  Take note of this.
* Your player's only going to have 10-30 minutes, so if not a whole lot is going to happen in that timeframe, not a whole lot is going to happen in the LP.
* Most players will refuse to spend money to do this stuff, so stay away from things that aren't easily stolenacquired.

Singups are open until next Saturday and you will have two weeks to finish your games.  I'm in.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: LP Hell
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:06:28 AM »

What if you are assigned a person who has really boring and terrible LPs?  It seems kinda unfair to judge someone based on a teammate they had no choice over.

Or is this something that's too late to complain about?  My apologies.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:10:58 AM »

No, it's not, and yes, I thought about that, but I think overall this is the way to go.  The alternative is random suggestions (which doesn't allow you to tailor your choices) or a bunch of people trying to sabotage each other (which would make a bunch of terrible fucking LPs).

Please do put forth your arguments wherever you think you have a better idea about the rules here.  We didn't have much discourse about how we were going to run things this year and I'd like to see more ideas.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »

Remember how terrible my LPs were during the Let's Speed competition a year or two back? I can guarantee that my videos this year would be even worse. I'm in.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.