Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45

Author Topic: News from the North  (Read 59612 times)

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: News from the North
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »

Those beaver dams!
The captain of the gravy train!

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2009, 07:39:11 AM »

This is a problem!  Dam those beavers!

Fredward

• a romantic soul
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »

Stupid sexy isotopes.

:lol:

A Canadian politician said something stupid. Happy, Thad?
Quote from: Brentai
It's never easy to tell just where the line is between physical malady and the general crushing horror of life itself.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »

This has been all kind of funny. I love that the Conservatives defended it TO THE TEETH only for everyone to find out the story was almost entirely meaningless. The Conervatives LOSING the injunction was the best possible outcome for them.

By the way, anybody following the eHealth Ontario fiasco? OH BOY LET'S TAKE 8 YEARS AND A BILLION DOLLARS TO DO.... ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY NOTHING!

Oh and now we are literally years behind othereprovinces in electronic health records implementation. It looks like the only solution is to kill EVERYTHING with fire and start anew.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »

A Canadian politician said something stupid. Happy, Thad?

Yes.  Yes I am.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2009, 08:44:20 PM »

... I wasn't aware that our politicos said anything BUT inanities.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »

Cranky old Alberta Tory has the gall to dare suggest we bother to raise our kids.

I'm amused that such a statement could even be considered controversial. Quite frankly I agree with her 100%. Furthermore, I do believe that the spectacular growth in the number of two-income households since 1965 is quite possibly one of the most damaging social trends North America ever experienced.

Caveat: I don't care which gender or orientation it is, so long as SOMEBODY does it.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2009, 12:44:30 PM »

Cranky old Alberta Tory has the gall to dare suggest we bother to raise our kids.

I'm amused that such a statement could even be considered controversial. Quite frankly I agree with her 100%. Furthermore, I do believe that the spectacular growth in the number of two-income households since 1965 is quite possibly one of the most damaging social trends North America ever experienced.

Caveat: I don't care which gender or orientation it is, so long as SOMEBODY does it.

Yeah, that seems like it got a pretty weird reaction. I mean, you can disagree with her if you like, but she's entitled to her opinion and quite frankly, I agree with her too. I guess they are worried about it because government money for daycare is such a big issue in Canada.

I dunno, I mean, this is a really jerky thing for me to even suggest I understand, but... I get the impression that a lot of poor people in Canada wanna act like they aren't poor and even suggesting that their state of affairs is some how bad or undesirable is a horrible thing to do because you are apparently then saying that they themselves are bad and undesirable people or at least that they are doing bad and undesirable things to their children.

I find this to be a pretty assinine mindset. If you can afford to stay at home with your young children, you should. It's your responsibility and if that means a smaller house, less new clothes, whatever, then that's what you should do. You should live within your means and be a good parent and person rather than filling your pointless life with material goods that you don't even need. If you are too poor to stay at home with your kids when they are young then guess what, you are very poor and your life is hard and your children aren't gonna get raised 100% the best way possibly because mom and dad both have to work just to keep food on the table. Hopefully, you'll manage to get yourself a little more comfortable before too long, but for now you are poor and yelling at politicians for suggesting that doing something you yourself can't do would be good for your children isn't gonna help anything.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2009, 05:16:21 PM »

Anybody who has ever seen 'Being There' will know why I am laughing my ass off at this one.

Bank of Canada Governor uses language reminiscent of a famous comedy film.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2009, 07:12:38 PM »

Oh wow.  :painful:

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2009, 10:39:36 AM »

Harper government to appeal court order forcing them to repatriate Omar Khadr.

This kid's probably a completely fucked-up nutcase now, but I'll be damned if he isn't our fucked-up nutcase. I wonder how many times Harper has to get hit in the face with a gavel before they give this shit up? 

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2009, 08:29:23 AM »

"The Pride Parade was an awful lot of fun and there were some people there that were really, really, really into what they do," he said Monday.

"I really honestly had no malice or anything with respect to what went on at that parade. Those guys get a rough ride all the time."

:itsmagic: :whoops:

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »

That guy is fucking hilarious.

But anyway...

What's the deal with Chalk River? Originally I thought the conservatives were being huge obvious dicks when they fired that woman for trying to shut it down because she was liberal but then I thought maybe she was just being partisan (the liberals aren't exactly the most scrupulous party ever) but now, I don't know anymore. What the fuck is going on with that plant?
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2009, 03:13:41 PM »

It turns out she was right, and that we are no longer a reliable source for the particles anymore according to international standards, and even more, the policy according to the economist is to get our particles from the aussies, who are experiencing similar technical difficulties.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2009, 06:17:20 PM »

Basically we did what we always do: threw away decades of work and international preeminence in an industry through an abysmal lack of foresight and the usual Canadian tendency towards agonizing fumbling and lethal mediocrity.

We were the first country in the world to successfully initiate a controlled fission reaction, in a dusty, carbon-lined university of Montreal gynnasium.

We were the the second country in the world to have a fully operational fission reactor.

We sold reactors, technology, and support as a world leader in the industry for decades.

Me? Bitter about Chalk River and the governement's utterly fuckheaded decision to abandon the game. Naaaaaahhhh?

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2009, 06:27:49 PM »

You know, between the tories arrogance and the whig's criminal acts, we really oughta make a new political entity known as the "competence party".

the same tried and trusted centrist policies, now with 80% more intelligence!

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2009, 06:33:53 PM »

You know, between the tories arrogance and the whig's criminal acts, we really oughta make a new political entity known as the "competence party".

the same tried and trusted centrist policies, now with 80% more intelligence!

God tell me about it.

I was re-reading some old material about Louis St. Laurent the other day and I almost started crying when I thought about the three shitheels we've got now.

Eh. It's been bugging me for a while now. It's not just politics. There is something rotten at the heart of this nation and God knows what it is. It's sort of like the way Albertans complain about Ontario... only you really need to apply it to the whole damned country.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45