Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

Starter??

Tepig
- 0 (0%)
Oshawott
- 2 (66.7%)
Snivy
- 1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: March 29, 2011, 08:49:59 PM

Author Topic: NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE: Six Months Later  (Read 2231 times)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE: Six Months Later
« on: March 24, 2011, 08:49:59 PM »

March 24, 20XX

Six months.  Has it really been that long?  Six months ago, I tried to prove I was the very best, like no one ever was.  My friends.  They were slaughtered by the lord of the skies of Johto, Falkner.  Some might call him a pansy, but he was the one who ended my short-lived attempt at being the Pokemon Master of Johto.  I swore I would never get involved with Pokemon ever again.  So I left Johto, possibly forever.

I drifted, mostly.  Taking a job as a gas station attendant for a few weeks, then moving on.  I never wanted to settle down, as something here or there would remind me of the painful times.  Seriously, Pokemon Centers are like fucking Starbucks, these days.  Every convenience store now stocks Pokeballs and Potions.  Seems like I would drift further, and the Pokemon world would catch up to me.  So I gave up, one day, and thus, began my barhopping career in Castelia City.  The bartenders never ask questions.  Nobody in this city gives a damn.  Sure, the Pokemon trainers are always coming and going, fights breaking out in the busy city streets.  But that's the beauty of the big city: if one street is crowded by Pokemon fights, just take another street.

Late one night, I found myself staggering out of my usual haunt at last call, drunkenly stumbling toward the place I called home that week.  Landlord'll probably catch me tonight, I won't have the rent money, and he'll kick me to the curb.  Fuck 'em.

However, tonight would be different.  As I staggered home, I came across someone I hadn't seen in months.  Since my old Hoenn days: the newly crowned Pokemon Champion of Hoenn, R^2.  "Long time, no see, Dohl."  Trying to convince myself this was a hallucination, I tried to turn and go around him, but I ended up crashing in to a dumpster, and blacked out.

I woke up to sunlight blazing across my eyes in a very swank hotel room, with R^2 sitting in the corner, watching me.  It was kinda creepy, but whatever.

"You're a fuckin' mess, Dohl.  What happened to you?" he asked.

"Get bent, high-n-mighty Magikarp goon," I growled back, the sound of a thousand Machamps running doubletime inside of my skull.

"Johto must have been brutal."

"...the fuck do YOU know?!  Falkner took...he took my friends from me!"

R^2 looked at me for a long time, then spoke.  "...Falkner?  Fucking Falkner?  He's got, what, two birds that barely qualify as Pokemon, and they tore you to shreds?!"

"I took the grass Pokemon from Professor Elm."

R^2 facepalmed.

I spoke again.  "Why the hell did you bring me here?"

R^2 reached in to his pocket and pulled out a small envelope.  "Being the Hoenn champion has its privileges.  I've been all over the world, meeting and greeting the greatest minds in the field of Pokemon research.  There's one in this region who would like to meet you.  Her name is Juniper."

He held the envelope out to me.  I took it from him and opened it.  Inside was a letter from Juniper, introducing herself, a bus ticket to Nuvema Town, and a photograph.  When I pulled it out of the envelope, R^2 spoke to me.  "That's from me, actually."  It was a photograph of a Pidgeotto, smashing a lit Cuban in to a Machop's face.  I looked at R^2, who simply smiled.  "I'm sure you could draw some inspiration from it."

I rubbed my head and looked at the bus ticket.  "Am I really going to go through with this again?"  R^2 chuckled.

"Of course.  It's in your blood, same as me."

---

Alright, guys.  Since I can't draw worth a shit, I'm doing this shit in the form of a journal.  WHO'S MY STARTER GONNA BE?  Snivy, Tepig, or Oshawott?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE: Six Months Later
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 12:09:13 PM »

March 25, 20XX

I woke up just as the bus was rumbling to a stop in Nuvema Town, outside a lab that reminded me of my home in New Bark.  The memory was suddenly fresh in my mind, even through the haze of the hangover I was nursing.  R^2 got off the bus with me, and the two of us entered the laboratory of Professor Juniper.  What took me by surprise was the fact that she is a woman.  I guess Kanto university is finally admitting women to their Pokemon Studies doctorate program.  She introduced herself and the young lady standing next to her: Lady Duke.  She seems like an earnest, if over-energetic young lady.  The Professor placed a box on her desk, and opened it.  It contained three Pokeballs.

Suddenly, it was as though I was back in Professor Elm's laboratory, making friends with Chikorita once again.  I reached in to the box and grabbed a Pokeball at random, then opened it.

Pokedex: 1/150
Oshawott
There's something melancholy about its face, but I could see the warrior's spirit deep in those eyes.  Something powerful.  Something deadly.

The feelings of adventurousness and zeal flowed back in to me the moment I opened that Pokeball.

I was back.

Then, R^2 and Lady Duke walked up to select their Pokemon from the two that remained.  R^2 selected the snake, Snivy, and Lady Duke selected Tepig.  Then she opened the Pokeball and Tepig appeared.  She shouted, "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUCK COME ON!"

L + R + START + SELECT

I woke up just as the bus was rumbling to a stop in Nuvema Town...

(23,690 soft resets later...)

Lady Duke opened the Pokeball, and squealed in glee!  "OMG IT'S A SHINYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" 

The discolored Tepig squealed in response and hopped around, then glared at my Oshawott.  Professor Juniper laughed.  "That Tepig's quite the little spitfire." 

My Oshawott cowered behind my leg.  I looked down at him and said, "You can do it.  GO FOR IT, MAN!" 

It jumped forward and the two began to tumble around, scrapping, clawing, and yelling.  When it was over, the Oshawott stood triumphant!  However, bookcases were overturned, lab equipment damaged, and Professor Juniper's pristine hairbun was now a wreck, half-hanging off the side of her head.  Rather than looking angry, she looked amused.  "One heck of a fight, Adam.  I think that little guy is the perfect match for you!"

I looked down at the Oshawott and nodded.  "Maybe we are.  I think I've got a name for you.  How does 'Riou' sound?"  It squeaked its approval.

R^2 nodded sagely.  "Indeed.  Let's see just how well it can take on the skills of a Champion!"  Snivy leapt forward and attacked.  However, Oshawott was ready, and caught it right in its smug little snout with the mother of all haymaker punches.

The Professor, watching all this, came up and administered medical care to all three Pokemon, and then handed the three of us what looked like a watch with far too many buttons on it.  She explained.  "This is the Cross Transceiver.  It uses a miniaturized camera and microphone to allow for instantaneous video conferencing!  I'm sure it'll come in handy!  Also, here."  With that, she handed us a red pocket book-like device.  "This is the--"

"Pokedex.  It'll record data on pokemon as we encounter them.  I know."  I said, memories of Chikorita weighing heavily on my mind.

"Well, yes.  Of course, I shouldn't have to remind someone who is the Hoenn Champion!"  She looked at R^2, who just looked sort of bored.

She handed us a parcel of spare Pokeballs and sent us on our way.  After walking outside, I began to walk north to Route 1, and I looked along the path to the tall grass, knowing that someone was waiting for me in there.

Patrat - Jowy - Route 1
Pokedex: 2/150

Man, this guy looks weird.  It's the eyes.  THE EYYYYYYES.  Oh, and hopefully he doesn't betray me later on.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:25:55 PM »

This is a Nuzlocke game, so my Snivy and Duke's Tepig won't be showing up again...

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »

Following along. Are Suikoden names all that it takes to pull me in?

Perhaps!

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 05:15:20 AM »

Sorry.  End-of-College-Term plus trying to get a job equals McDohl is too busy to play with animals.  Will get back to this as soon as I possibly can.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 06:09:33 AM »

This is the worst idea. Especially in Black/White. I approve.