Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Manpires vs Bearwolves IXtreme: MANPIRES WIN  (Read 40707 times)

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Re: Manpires vs Bearwolves IXtreme: DAY 5
« Reply #460 on: June 18, 2011, 03:00:30 AM »

TL;DR Ahoy!

Here's a summary of how the game's progressed from my perspective. The obvious counterargument to all this is that only the desperate last vampire would go so far and write so much in a transparent ploy to direct his accusers elsewhere; to this, I can only say that I have the truth on my side, that this is how things actually transpired, and that the innocents really need to lynch Bleck today if we want to win.

I'd argue the first noteworthy event of the game is when Kayma (King Dracula) semi-randomly votes for Verde (Teen Wolf). Vampires nearly scored a major coup here.

Kayma is quickly joined by LaserBeing (Verde's teammate, presumably tossing an early vote on him to make himself look more innocent), Guild (clueless innocent), and Joxam (clueless innocent). McDohl, the weretiger ninja, reacts to the bandwagon by voting for Kayma. The third bearwolf Envy abstains from voting.

Bleck's first game post is to briefly malign day 1 lynchings, and declines to join Dracula Sr.'s bandwagon. Smiler adds the fifth vote to Verde. My first game post draws attention to the fact that both Nex and Kayma made one-word posts, and I decline to join Dracula Sr.'s bandwagon.

Nick (probably either seer or devil) and I (probably either seer or Drac Jr) get into an argument about his math. Verde, the Teen Wolf, retracts his vote. I mention that, if I supported Nick's logic, I'd vote for Lee-Ham, who would later turn out to be a wolf.

Friday's first game post is her announcement that she wants to fuck Dracula. She exhorts everyone to bid everything on the invisibility cloak; I was going to do that anyway, but I assume she's doing this so she can scoop up the Last Will and Scry Detector for a song. Few people have as much knowledge of the best ways to exploit the auction house as Friday has. Friday's exhortations to the innocent team in these first two posts make me think she's innocent, but I disagree with her notion that the cloak-winner should reveal themselves; if somebody announced that they'd won the cloak, I'd want to lynch them then and there rather than wait for a PI investigation. After Bongo's status update, Friday starts the wagon on Envy, a lesser bearwolf.

Still trying to shake some of his heat, Verde calls attention to the current game postcounts. Guild and Classic, both innocents, accept this argument and vote for low-postcount players.

After more waffling, Nex and then once again Guild join the Verde wagon, but LaserBeing finally removes his vote from his teammate onto Joxam, starting that digression. A bunch of people pile onto Joxam until he reveals that he's the thief. People begin gravitating back toward Envy and other miscellaneous targets. Verde supports his teammate Envy in voting for Guild before rethinking his position and turning on his ally for his own survival, and throws up a big ol' chart of potential guilt:

DEFCON 1
Bleck - Jumps in to the game as a replacement and then... posts, what, FOUR times saying almost the exact same thing? Looks like trying to remain active without attracting attention. Very perceptive—according to my scenario, this is one of the two main vampires.
Envy - Touchy responses to almost nothing at all. Further distancing himself from his teammate.
G - Pretty convinced he's evil, but trawling the thread didn't give me much of a case against him. My read may be off. I'm convinced this was a metagame call; if you don't have absolute proof that Guild is on your team, it's hard to go wrong by accusing him.
Garrison - Weak reasons for voting, and the tone of his posts seems off to me. The oracle.
Kayma - I don't buy the "one word post means he's the oracle" thing. Laying low for some reason. The main vampire.

In Verde's main list of suspects, he successfully identifies the teammate he's martyring, Guild, and three of the main threats to his team. Pretty good work.

DEFCON 2 (main lump of players)
Classic - Pinging me like crazy. Weird reasons for voting and, yeah, all that stuff a page or so ago.
Friend - Nothing to raise suspicion, but also nothing much added to the conversation.
jsnlxndrlv - Quiet. I enjoyed reading the math. But I don't trust quiet.
LaserBeing - Quiet. Again, I don't trust quiet, especially on D1. (Verde's other teammate)
McDohl - I have no opinion. Why don't I have an opinion? Post more.
NexAdruin - Nothing bad. Likely inno. (Correctly identified innocent)
Nickasummers - Producing content, but a little on edge. Worried by his sudden and strong change of opinion on the no-lynch. (Verde shouldn't yet know that this is also his teammate)
Smiler - I have no opinion. Why don't I have an opinion? Post more.
Transportation - I liked his most recent contribution, and I appreciate that being quiet can be down to being busy. Still pings me though.
Verde - Currently joint lynch leader, even if I don't quite see what's so suspicious about me. My teeth are naturally this pointy.
Zach - I have no opinion. Why don't I have an opinion? Post more.

DEFCON 3
Friday - Fixation on a particular role can be a tell, but I think her posts make it seem pretty unlikely she's a vampire. Look elsewhere today.

DEFCON 5
Joxam - Uncountered good role. Not turned. Do not lynch today, thanks.

As people discuss Verde's comments, Verde and Envy are neck-and-neck. McDohl and Classic bring them to 6 votes each. Friend gives Envy the edge, and Bleck hammers the vote home.

During the night, I win the invisibility cloak and Nex wins the scry detector. Using my seer powers, I learn that Guild is innocent; I plan to go against any vote for him, but it never really comes up. Having JUST played a game wherein I lied to him about being the seer, I decide not to contact him just yet.

Day 2, Guild responds to my comments from day 1 by agreeing that Kayma's acting suspicious, but before we can really explore this, Nex and I each independently decide that we're not going to go along with Friday's plan from day 1. Since I won the cloak, my defiance takes the form of a request that the winner of the cloak NOT come forward, which Nex immediately disregards by falsely announcing his possession of the cloak—knowing full well that any thieves will be foiled, and presumably hoping that he'll work out the ID of the PI by using his scry detector; none of this will be apparent to me until much later.

Nickasummers agrees with Guild's reasoning that Kayma (Drac Sr) is evil, and the bandwagon commences. Friday, Nex, Joxam, and LaserBeing pile on. I'm too busy being flabbergasted that NexAdruin would lie about having the cloak to really pay attention. As I'd mentioned earlier, I thought announcing possession of the cloak as an innocent too dangerous and distracting a move to permit, which is the whole reason I chose not to do it; at the time I thought it was too precarious to rely on the PI choosing to scry the cloak-declarer. (How ironic, then, that I never voiced that concern, meaning it's impossible for my doubts to have been proven correct by the PI's subsequent choice not to investigate Nex! Ironic and frustrating.)

Of course, the fact that I interrupted the vote-train on Dracula Sr. to suggest we lynch someone who'd ultimately be proven innocent looks incredibly dubious after-the-fact. I can't deny that. All I can do to prove my innocence is point out that, at the time, I had suspicions about Kayma, but hard evidence that Nex was lying. I thought Nex was suspicious on day 1 after Friday grilled him over his accusation of Joxam and Smiler, and the fact that he was now lying about the cloak set off alarm bells in my head. Like I said at the time, it didn't matter to me whether we killed Kayma immediately and investigated Nex at night, or killed Nex immediately and investigated Kayma at night. The only thing I knew was that we NEEDED to know what Nex was up to.

The fact that Kayma then turned out to be The Biggest Evil Of All was pretty embarrassing.

With Verde out of town and a long night 2 ahead, I'd have to think about my next step carefully. Announcing the fact that I was a seer to Guild at this point was tantamount to suicide, since he was just suggesting that I was Dracula's lieutenant, and he'd conclude I was trying to pull one over on him for the second game in a row. I wanted to scry Nex (since I knew I'd be able to see him fine), but I didn't want to tip my hand as seer this early. I tried to spur conversation in the thread while I deliberated.

June 6 rolled around and I still hadn't decided, so Bongo sent me a prompting PM. I'd lost the thread of my investigations and panicked, and picked LaserBeing purely on instinct. Finding that he's a wolfpire, I deliberated. I posted a message to indicate my suspicion of LaserBeing along with some other people I found suspicious, hoping that on the one hand, the wolves wouldn't realize I'd identified one of their members, while on the other hand, my potential premature death would result in one or more evil-team kills.

I decided that wasn't enough, though, so I wound up crafting the following message:

Hello.

On day 2, I was contacted by someone claiming to be the seer, who correctly identified my innocent role.

The seer has now informed me that LaserBeing is a wolf. The seer specified that he doesn't wish to post this in the thread and tip his hand this early; I am confronted with a similar conundrum, because while it isn't as bad if I get turned, it'll only be a matter of time before the seer is turned as well.

To prevent this from happening, I am informing the three people that I suspect the least ahead of time that I will be changing my vote to LaserBeing later today, whether he has votes already or not. I am giving each one of you the name of one other person that I'm sending this message to as an insurance policy. Hopefully the evil teams will just see a sudden bandwagon of 5 (or more!) people and be unable to determine which of us is the real seer, and if they guess wrong, the seer will have one or two nights to continue scrying and out himself on the second or third day, depending on how desperate things seem. Even if one of you three is evil, you only have my name and one other person's name available, so you'll have 50/50 odds of misidentifying the seer.

NexAdruin: in addition to you and one other person, I am sending this message to Friday, who has the name of the third person. Do not contact her directly, or you put yourself at risk.

Finally, it goes without saying, but you can have the PI investigate me to prove the truth of my claims. I think that time would be better spent investigating people of interest, but it's your money on the line either way.

That was the message I sent to Nex (having finally figured out what everybody else knew on day 2—that it doesn't make any fucking sense to ask to be investigated if you're actually evil); I sent similar messages to Friday and Friend. Nex cleverly asked how much money I had. I assumed he was trying to ferret out the actual owner of the cloak, so I lied and said I had 6g. During the conversation, he let slip that he and Friday had been talking to another "seer", and explained that he was hoping somebody could afford to PI one or the other of us, as well as the fact that he and Friday had been talking meant that my probabilities were ruined because she'd know he wasn't the seer I was claiming to be in contact with. Friday further epxlained that their seer lead them to kill Dracula, and it makes less sense for a baner to give up a wolf, so we should go ahead and kill Nex and try to get the PI to scry "their" seer, who we now know is Nickasummers.

We begin the bandwagon in the thread. Bleck is quick to join, despite not being one of the people I contacted, as do Joxam and Classic. LaserBeing goes after Bleck in response. Nickasummers knows that something's up and joins the bandwagon. Garrison, who's almost certainly turned by this point, votes for me. (My critics will say this is just a vampire cagily avoiding association with his master.)

While we're discussing LaserBeing's guilt, Friend drops the bombshell that Nex wasn't investigated last night, and all my doubts come rushing back. We finally kill Laser, I'm proven right, and night 3 descends.

Rather than spend my time constructively, I'm so caught up by the revelation that Nex wasn't actually investigated that I disregard my earlier conclusion about his probable innocence and scan him kind of pointlessly. He's a vigilante; surprise, surprise.

Before I can contact him about it, he PMs me, announcing that the gravedigger or whoever got the watcher and watched him last night, and then reported to him that I'd used a power on him. Since he hadn't been turned, that meant he knew I was the real seer. He feels like the fact that I gave him a wolf isn't reason enough to believe that his guy is evil, but I foolishly don't push for a name. He does report that Smiler is vanilla inno, though. Meanwhile, the wolves kill classic for being part of the bandwagon, hopefully as a result of my misdirection.

We flail. Friday's bandwagon against McDohl leads him to flip out and kill Nex, whom he thinks is the baner. Friday starts a bandwagon on Dizzy. I'm at a complete loss, so I foolishly vote for Smiler until I remember that Nex just told me he's innocent. I scour the thread for info on Dizzy and Verde, and while they don't seem innocent, exactly, it seems like finding Dracula's Lieutenant is more important, and Kayma's commitment to lynching Verde ruled that out. During the course of examining the thread, I start to become suspicious of Bleck, and eventually vote for him. Meanwhile, the vote for Dizzy goes through, revealing him as Teen Wolf.

That night is pretty busy. I follow my hunch and scry Bleck, seeing him as The Count and also Dracula's Lieutenant. Joxam and Garrison both die. The fact that we've killed three wolves suggests to me that the wolf team is eliminated, so I decide it's time to go all-in and announce my identity and Bleck's, and the rest is history.

IN CONCLUSION: We're in a pretty good position, but I can see now that I've seriously misplayed several times, and if the innocents fail at this point, I'll take full responsibility. Still, even if I die, the vampires are pretty heavily exposed, so I think I can go to my rest satisfied.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 18, 2011, 03:01:05 AM »

Oh, hey. Red text. I didn't take any of that into account while writing this.

... Have you been paying attention at all?

Yes. Now that we have a name, that's one more piece of information with which to play.

I asked the PI to investigate Friday last night, but (s)he didn't accept. This could mean my offer was too low, someone else was more interesting a target, or the PI doesn't want anyone to know who Friday is.

If I were a villain, one of my first orders of business would be to go after the mouthpiece of a secret alliance that's brought down so many dudes. The main point stopping me from going further with this line is the classic, "that's what they knew I'd do, so they did the opposite" gambit.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 18, 2011, 03:58:37 AM »

So here's the deal:

You can either believe me, someone has led you to kill the first Dracula and also the Tiger and also like every wolf, that Newbie is Dracula.

Or you can believe an out of nowhere Seer claim on day five.

I didn't jump out and accuse Newbie right as the day started because my plan was to contact him in private, claim I'd Seered him, saw him as "Inno", and thus slyly pump him for information. Knowing he was Drac, and making him think he had me fooled with the cloak, and then eventually call for his lynch once I had a try at getting some info out of him. But before I got a chance to do any of that, he jumped out into center stage claiming he'd found Drac. It is an extremely risky move for him to take as the actual Dracula, but also a brilliant one: If he's got at least two underlings, all he has to do is avoid the lynch one last time and turn someone, and then the day dawns with 4 out of 7 players vamps and he wins.

Because of Nicka lying to me about Bleck, I am also sure he is a bad, and probably not on the same team as Newbie, unless they seriously fucked up on getting their stories straight (Nicka tells me Bleck is a wolf, Newbie tells me he is Dracula) so Nicka is 100% either the Devil working with the last wolf or, I suspect, the original Seer who got turned into a wolf.

Newbie seems to think all the wolves are dead despite this pretty clear info, which is either him being a bad player or being deliberately obtuse in order to just get any lynch off because he doesn't care who dies as long as it isn't a vampire.

Also note that Nicka is already voting with me against Newbie, which makes them definitely not allies. Hell, at this point, maybe he's the goddamn wolf turned PI. I don't like that he tricked me but I'm willing to work with a wolf (for now) against a greater threat.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 18, 2011, 04:06:10 AM »

Also keep in mind that once we do lynch Newbie, the vampires will kill me for sure, so it's up to the rest of you to find and kill the remaining wolf/vampires. Don't listen to anything Nicka says, though, UNLESS maybe he tells you who a vampire is. If I were you, I'd use him as an anti vampire tool until it got down to the absolute wire.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 18, 2011, 05:43:29 AM »

you're an anti vampire tool
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 18, 2011, 06:08:48 AM »

Richter Belmont appears to be an entire anti vampire toolshed

Bleck

• Tailor Made Squid Unicycles
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 18, 2011, 06:13:11 AM »

I am the PI. I can confirm that I took the job from Friday to investigate jsnlxndrlv, who is indeed Dracula. I didn't want to post earlier to avoid being turned or killed, but I guess now it's more important to kill Dracula.

My investigations so far:

Night 1: Nickasummers on Kayma. (dracula)
Night 2: Friend on Garrison. (inno)
Night 3: Nickasummers on Classic. (died, vampire hunter)
Night 4: Friday on jsnlxndrlv. (dracula, cloak of invisible)

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 18, 2011, 06:16:04 AM »

hahaha YOU'RE THE FUCKING PI

this game is 100% amazing

now if you'll excuse me I am going to go kill myself

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 18, 2011, 07:07:50 AM »

It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 18, 2011, 07:47:11 AM »

Guild you are the best person

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #470 on: June 18, 2011, 09:07:34 AM »

It's good to look at the game with sober eyes. You see more.

hahaha YOU'RE THE FUCKING PI

this game is 100% amazing

now if you'll excuse me I am going to go kill myself

I'm guessing you want to kill yourself since you're aware that your story is falling apart, and you're worried I'm going to point it out. Your first post today claimed:

Also, you know, I know Bleck is a wolf, thanks to the real Seer, who's been leading me and Guild and Nex this whole game, telling me so. I just hadn't brought it up because I don't want to kill the probable last wolf while Dracula is still alive and the tiger is dead, which would lead to VAMPIRE UTOPIA YO.

What I want to know is, why would Nick have been in communication with you AND Nex on day 2? This doesn't make any sense. I think what actually happened was that you're the PI, Nick paid you to investigate Nex, and he independently scried Kayma. This explains why you and Nex were already in communication when I PMed you both independently. I suppose there's nothing keeping Nick from saying which story is correct...?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #471 on: June 18, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »

Oh right, you're claiming he's the turned seer, which would make him my underling. Nevermind. Still, I don't think it makes any sense for the three of you to be in communication on day 2 unless one of you is the PI. Nex is the vigilante and Nick is the devil, so that leaves you, Friday.
Signature:

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 18, 2011, 09:21:28 AM »

Im on my phone so i dont want to type everything i need to say right now, but i will tell you straight off that on day 1 me, nex, guild and friday formed a bloc. I pied kayma for 10 gold and that is how guild knew to form a case against him. More later.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2011, 09:25:23 AM »

...huh. Interesting gamble. Looking forward to hearing the story of your scries over the past four days, then.
Signature:

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 18, 2011, 10:19:58 AM »

I am the real seer. On day 1 Nex and I separately contacted guild because he made a sneaky little post that pretty much proved his innocence to any other innocent. He got us all talking as one group, and pulled friday in. That night I scryed verde and Pied Kayma. Verde was the head wolf, kayma was dracula. Also, did you notice how nobody died during night 1? That is because I was turned by the wolves. They never did explain why they chose to turn me night 1 with no information. Naturally, since i was now a wolf i couldnt tell the team that verde was the greater wolf. I told them he was vanilla, and told them about kayma. Then, guild made a case against kayma and the rest is history. Night 2 rolled around And i scried newbie. Newbie was "innocent". I didnt feel quite right about that, but i let it go. Night 3, I scried smiler and pied classic. smiler was vanilla, classic was the vampire hunter, but he died that morning anyway. By this point I was feeling less sure of people's innocence, and friday was saying she didnt feel good about bleck and that she thought he was a wolf, so instead of handing friday or nex a confirmed innocent that could be turned against me, i "confirmed" her suspicions about bleck being a wolf. I knew he wasnt, but she didnt. Night 4 i scried Transportation and he is none other than the gravedigger. If you recall, guild's tomb was defiled, so transportation seems to have taken the watcher. That is all ive got at the moment.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »

I'm guessing you want to kill yourself since you're aware that your story is falling apart, and you're worried I'm going to point it out.

oh yeah you got me Newbie

The guy I thought was a wolf and you are saying is Dracula is actually the PI

p.s. when you point out supposed "evidence" that contradicts your opponents argument, make sure it also doesn't, you know, contradict yours

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #476 on: June 18, 2011, 12:04:42 PM »

Sure, my model for how the day 2 is being reported as wrong, but that just means we need to examine nick's testimony now. If he were telling the truth, then either Transportation or Friend is the devil, he is a wolf, and the vampires cannot win tonight by having Bleck lynched. (plus, my underlings are...? two of joxam, smiler, transportation, and friend?) why would i still be harping on the fact that the PI needs to die if my actual threat, Nick, has revealed himself? He's lying, so are you, and the truth of my arguments will be shown regardless of who gets lynched--meanwhile, you guys have played all of your cards. I hope Bleck can pick a good turning target tonight.
Signature:

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 18, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »

I think you mean me and Zach are Devil candidates, since if Nickasummers is telling the truth then Transportation is the gravedigger.

Also Joxam is dead so I'm not sure why you included him.

Transportation

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 18, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »

Can the Devil be turned?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #479 on: June 18, 2011, 02:11:20 PM »

yeah, I meant zach, not transportation. i'm guessing nickasummers is counting on bleck turning him tonight, which might not be impossible if the innocents can't outbid Friday, bleck, and nick for the shovel. nick's got no chance of success unless he plays ball, assuming he hasn't been turned already.
Signature:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26