Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Manpires vs Bearwolves IXtreme: MANPIRES WIN  (Read 40621 times)

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Manpires vs Bearwolves IXtreme: DAY 1
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2011, 05:32:08 AM »

The current voting status is:

Verde: 5
no lynch: 4
Classic: 1
Friend: 1
Kayma: 1
Additionally, six players either haven't voted or have rescinded their vote.
...but is it art?

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2011, 05:40:41 AM »

As for my vote, after reviewing the thread, the only person who even sort of maybe slightly kind of popped up on my radar was Envy, but that is so weak there's no way I'm even remotely going to be surprised when he turns out to be Batman.

Day 1 is a crapshoot, but at least we'll narrow down the list of possible Dracs.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2011, 05:55:29 AM »

I have added a voting poll. This is not going to be the official tally of votes, as I'll still count them manually, but it is a convenience for those who wish to get a quick idea of who's got the most votes.

You must still indicate your votes in your posts, and you are requested to indicate your vote in the poll.
...but is it art?

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2011, 06:42:14 AM »

A reminded to Joxam: If you ever do change you vote, make sure you click remove vote, and not remove poll.

Verde

• Wicked pissah
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 06:52:55 AM »

Current posts per player:

Bleck - 2
Classic - 4
Envy - 4
Friday - 4
Friend - 1
G - 22
Garrison - 2
Joxam - 2
jsnlxndrlv - 6
Kayma - 3
Laser - 2
McDohl - 2
Nex - 5
Nicka - 23
Smiler - 3
Transportation - 0
Verde - 4
Zach - 1

Sorted from most posts - fewest:

Nicka - 23
G - 22
jsnlxndrlv - 6
Nex - 5
Classic - 4
Envy - 4
Friday - 4
Verde - 4
Kayma - 3
Smiler - 3
Bleck - 2
Garrison - 2
Joxam - 2
Laser - 2
McDohl - 2
Friend - 1
Zach - 1
Transportation - 0

Guild only second-highest poster? Crikey!

Verde

• Wicked pissah
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 06:59:00 AM »

Very little content from Joxam here. This looks disingenuous as hell to me:

Hmm... Just got home from work and reading back through all of your posts is entertaining to say the least. :D Anyhow, I agree that a no vote is kind of a waste, it is very interesting that a bandwagon happened this early, but there is only one way to get things going, I guess. I'll vote Verde also, until something better comes along.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 07:18:22 AM »

Yeah, Joxam is my second highest suspicion. Though this is day 1 and it's nearly impossible to get accurate reads.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2011, 07:25:05 AM »

Why do you guys suspect Joxam? He voted for Verde, and there are 4 other people who voted for him, myself included.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 07:25:54 AM »

I'm always suspicious of players who just simply take a LONG time to add content to a game. It looks to me like cautious manbearpires trying to get done with the 'huddle' as it were. That said, Transportation's contributions are unacceptable (non-existant).

Transportation. We could use less quiet players, and if it's a crapshoot, let's shoot some crap.
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2011, 07:44:28 AM »

I am super worried about the bandwagon on Verde. Not because I think verde is innocent, but because I'm certain we've got more than one bad on it.

Transportation is usually a busy guy. But it served him really well as a wolf last game.

... I guess I'll go for Zach by virtue of being low on both of verde's lists.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2011, 07:53:52 AM »

Was transportation a wolf last game? I don't remember this.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »

so i guess some people have Guild messaged me saying "why are you worried about the vampires/cloak; they have never won/done anything"

those are good points and i will address them here

1. the cloak has never been available for purchase this early, indeed, on day 1 before, therefore it has the biggest window ever to do the damage it needs, and remember, the cloak only needs to fool one seer, once, to be completely worth it

2. the vampires have been 1 turn away from winning several times. just because it's never rained when you've been in Seattle does not mean you don't need to pack a raincoat

anyway, if Dracula isn't the top priority to kill for both wolves and innocents, who is? The G. Wolf? He does nothing other than fight vampires. The wolves? They are a threat certainly but despite having a single turn, do not grow in numbers over time. the regular turned? are you kidding me? The tiger? the tiger is actually usually helpful to the innos.

in conclusion I am Dracula and this is all a masterful ruse

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »

I like a Transportation lynch or an Envy lynch. Assuming Kayma scried Verde a bad, I'll toss onto that one.

Speaking of, I'm mad at Newbie for post 66, but I can see why he did it. If Newbie's a bad, it behooved him to call attention to the fact that Kayma might be an oracle. If he's a good, it behooved him to call attention to the fact that Verde might be a bad.
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2011, 09:22:12 AM »

so i guess some people have Guild messaged me saying "why are you worried about the vampires/cloak; they have never won/done anything"

I was going to ask that. While my gut's not convinced, I also can't find fault with it.

Oh, OK. I have one: what's to stop someone from turning you the moment you announce owning the invisibility cloak?

I do like the "everyone get out and buy things" plan.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2011, 09:37:45 AM »

Oh, OK. I have one: what's to stop someone from turning you the moment you announce owning the invisibility cloak?

Well, nothing. That is sort of the downside to my plan; however, it still insures The Tiger or Dracula won't get their hands on it.

Plus, whoever announces that they have the cloak can be PI'ed, which would confirm that they are on the level.

Listen, if you think my plan won't work, then by all means, ignore the cloak and let Drac or the Tiger get it. We still do have the PI to see through Cloak, after all. But I think we can deal a solid blow to both the vampires and the tiger right now.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2011, 10:03:06 AM »

Announcing that you have a valuable item is a good way to get it stolen, no matter what team you're on. This doesn't mean innocents shouldn't try to get it, though.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2011, 11:02:08 AM »

I like Friday's plan and I fully endorse it.

Bleck

• Tailor Made Squid Unicycles
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »

I stand ardently by my choice of no lynch, for reasons that have already been stated.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2011, 01:45:31 PM »

I have a job that requires I be away for hours at a time pretty much everyday at a time when most things internet wise get done, (working in entertainment means that I work generally when other people aren't working) that coupled with sleep means that I might say a few things and then disappear in the middle of the afternoon for a few hours. Rest assured that I only voted for verde as a means to get things going, as he had the most votes in his directions and I am a staunch non-supporter of the "us throwing away our only power of deduction on the first day" thing.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2011, 01:49:58 PM »

Oh, what the Hell. Verde, if for no other reason than to get the ball rolling.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26