Game Boards > Gaming Discussion

Stupid videogame playing stories.

(1/47) > >>

Smiler:
This is a thread to talk about how you've done stupid stuff in games. Here's one I am stealing about Hitman Blood Money.

--- Quote from: Some guy from Something Awful ---Blood Money's shoddy cover "system" can be hilarious sometimes. Yesterday I was playing the Mardi Gras level. I knocked out the courier, killed the female assassin and used a waiter disguise to find out where the male assassin was* (business as usual). He was in the room above the latin bar, which has lots of things to hide behind. While doing so, I noticed his sniper rifle leaning against a piano and I promptly got a wonderful idea: I would steal his sniper rifle without him noticing.

Turns out, that wasn't all that hard with all the cover and the AI's limited awareness. I threw the sniper rifle in the kitchen below where it landed on the sink, yet the cook didn't gave it all that much attention. I grabbed the courier's disguise (luckily I didn't hide him in a container with his suit still on) and delivered the payment for the assassination. Then real life intervened for a bit, but I left the game running with 47 back as a waiter in the latin bar.

A half hour later I returned to find an empty room above the bar, a sniper rifle still on the sink and a politician still alive and breathing. Being very curious I used the map to locate where the male assassin had gone, only to find him in the same room as his boss. If they talked to each other, well... that must have been one awkward conversation.

*I deliberately decided against using the map to locate targets.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---
Wait.. say that again... you LOST your sniper rifle?

--- End quote ---

Aintaer:
Not quite a story but when we Monster Huntered (me, patito et al.), we all knew the key to proper hunting was to announce "I got this." in a clear and loud voice. Whenever we failed missions it was likely because I didn't announce that I got this.

Of course, patito's fervor for introducing Gravios to his hammer always led to one of us being unceremoniously flung out with his hammer swings. You can't fault him because he just looks at you and shrugs. Or when he uses the lance charge and ends it by stabbing me in the back.

--- Quote ---"Goddammit patito!"
"What? I'm helping!"
--- End quote ---

Norondor:
if the hammer-user sends you flying it's probably your fault and not his tbqh.

Aintaer:
Uhh the hammer unsheathe attack sends flying, along with the triple pound. April, the other huntress, is actually helpful by doing that when one of us is low on health and about to be hit.

teg:
There's these floor traps in Spiral Knights that consist of a floor tile filled with holes from which spikes pop in and out every few seconds. One time I died from stepping on one and had no energy left to revive. Another party member who was otherwise preoccupied with fighting gave me half of his health (only one bar) so that I could revive.

I revived while the spikes were up, killing myself again in the exact same trap.

>TeganNobody: FFS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version