Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Shit [Units of Time]  (Read 21989 times)

Glames

• Glames Group (only 1 member allowed!)
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit [Units of Time]
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »

Glames' list of life accomplishments may or may not have cheered up Spram but it sure depressed the hell out of me.
While writing it I was in a silly feel goody mood. But after reading it, yeah, it really makes you look at your own life and feel kinda meh. Even I don't measure up to that list of mighty success. But I guarantee whatever 3, 4 or 5 (perhaps more) things any of us don't have on that list can be substituted with other personal good attributes and different life achievements. In other words: EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU IS A UNIQUE GOLD STAR BECAUSE GLAMES TOLD YOU SO!
I'm holding my sausage hostage.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »

I am down to two pairs of pants, including the one I'm wearing.  THIS DEFINITELY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TWO DRUGGIES MY SIZE STAYING HERE NO SIR

Probably whatever money I may have stayed by hermiting here will go right into replacing all the clothes I lost.  Moveout date is now Wednesday.  Time cannot fucking speed up enough.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »

Starr suggests the best way to keep 'em from stealing your pants would be to stick a job application in the back pocket.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 05:33:22 PM »

Poison their stash.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »

If they've got a stash you can safely poison, you might be better off murdering them before they decide you'll fetch a good price as a white concubine.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 05:51:10 PM »

The problem is I have concubines too.  Assassin concubines.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 05:55:20 PM »

Man, ever dude I know is sick with Killer-Fever.
Well, just so long as it's only your hot, hot pants on the line.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »

I feel the urge to watch Ninja Scroll all of a sudden.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »

Was going to make a new topic for my inevitable bloggery about the trials of owning property on a single income in south Orange County, and first mention that my general mood has gone from "relieved" to "buyer's remorse from Hell" in the span of about 24 hours.

Right now though?  My mood is "I'm too fucking tired for this.  Good night."

I'm too fucking tired for this.  Good night.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »

Current mood: Ready to cry.

Not a hardware person.  Not enjoying installation of blinds.  Had one of my neighbors drop by and gently inform me that he does general home renovation shit including blinds but uhhh... all my neighbors here are skeezy burnt out bikers, pretty much.  I'm putting up blinds to keep them out.

Le sigh.  Worth it in the long run, etc.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »

Not to be too much of a dick or anything Brentai but worried about a helpful guy being a burnt out biker? Weren't you homeless and camping out on the floor of a frat?
Books and covers and gifted horses and all that.

I mean worse to worse, you'll have an ally, right?

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 08:32:15 PM »

He wasn't exactly offering for free.

I dunno, I'm just weird about my house because it's MY FUCKING HOUSE.  It's a general problem; I stress about every minor decision down to what towels to get (microfiber, two bath and two hand towels, $50) because it feels like I *own* everything I do here so much more than I ever have in my life.  It's day three and I'm wishing I had just fucking rented an apartment, because in that situation you can basically fuck off if the place goes to shit after about a year.  Ownership, you know, you can't just cut and run because the HOA isn't keeping up the outside windows and you're freaked out because it's just TOO FUCKING WHITE HERE JESUS CHRIST.  You either find a way to pay off that 30-year debt, or find a buyer looking to move into a slightly cleaned up former repo in this economy.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 08:42:43 PM »

I tell you what, man, skeezy-looking burned-out bikers are usually pretty damn good at doing work with their hands.  And somebody offering to help fix up your place sounds like a good neighbor to me.

Also, I was just today told that you aren't supposed to screw mounts directly into drywall, so that's probably advice you can use right now.  There are these little plastic sleeves you're supposed to use; drill the hole, put the sleeve in, then put the screw in the sleeve.

NEW POST

Well, I understand not taking him up on it if he wants to charge for it.  And if he won't work for beer and an offer to fix his computer the next time he needs it.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »

The best (or worst) part about home ownership is that you've got basically an infinite amount of time to mold it into what you want. So long as you don't decide to shit the bed (without taking necessary precautions beforehand) you can systematically undo missteps and work towards improvements. My parents remodel the old 3-flat as a hobby. The major changes here are that you're responsible for the insurance fund and maybe your dirty santa gifts are going to have a bizarre domestic bent to them now.

Looking forward to receiving a half-used gallon of paint that wasn't quite the red you were looking for, now that you see it in natural light.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 10:18:01 PM »

Yeah, I should have made it clear that he showed up with a handful of business cards rather than a smile and an offer to help.  The hovering sharkness I can stand but not so much on account of it being because he can see everything I do because EVERYONE'S LOOKING IN THROUGH MY BARE GODDAM WINDOWS.

Long term.  Loooong term.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 10:30:11 PM »

If you're mounting blinds the easiest way (and best looking might I add) is to mount them on the inside of the window frame, so that when they're down, the sit perfectly in the window and look nice as opposed to hanging out and swinging around with wind currents and shit. Shouldn't take more than a handful of minutes and a screw driver to mount anything into the window frame, because that should be made of hard wood and not drywall. If you're mounting anything into drywall though, you'd do best to find a stud or at the very least use some sort of anchor (the little plastic ones thad is talking about are the most common but also the least effective and depending on the size of window and weight of the blinds they might not be ideal).

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 12:15:30 AM »

Everyone get in a van, drive to brentais, montage his place to something nice.

And then someone kicks a beer can into thads head

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 05:49:23 AM »

Part of the problem is that my windows don't have frames on the inside, and I'm not about to start doing that.  The other problem is that nobody really feels like helping me out which leads to scenarios where I'm trying to hold the bracket in one hand, the screw in the other, the screwdriver in the third and Johnny Cage's head in the fourth.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »

Hey, fly me out there and I can use all my unemployed time fixing your place up!  Requires you feeding and housing me for the duration, however.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »

That's exactly what the new homeowner needs! Roommates!

EDIT:
Originally I thought that was going to be sarcastic but now I'm not sure.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15