Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Shit [Units of Time]  (Read 21892 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Shit [Units of Time]
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:10:55 PM »

For when just one day's worth of shit isn't enough:

All the furniture in the room I spent the past 5 years in is so terrible that the Salvation Army wouldn't take any of it.  FML

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: FML
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »

Don't stress about that; the Salvation Army is surprisingly picky about taking stuff. We bought a ton of new furniture earlier this year, and the Salvation Army didn't want most of our old stuff due to minor scratches. We had a perfectly good couch with a fold-out bed that had a rip in the upholstery -- in the back, where most people will never see it if it's against a wall -- and they flat-out refused it. We even called local churches that took donations to get rid of the rest of our stuff, but they were just as particular as the Salvation Army with everything.

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »

In waste-heavy countries like America, beggars

can be choosers.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »

The Salvation Army won't take Harry Potter toys because they're ungodly symbols of witchcraft.

Basically, fuck the Salvation Army.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 07:26:41 PM »

hey guys whats up in this thread

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:00:29 PM »

Surprisingly, witchcraft.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 08:50:00 PM »

@ TA & Brentai, try Goodwill.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 03:48:24 PM »

It may be irrational but the whole "exclusive content for playing games THIS WEEK ONLY" on Steam feels like they're specifically timing it just to piss in my eye while I'm down.

This is a Shit Days post.  Why did I make another topic for this?  I am a massively entitled whiny fuck with no room to complain even though I'm relegated to an airbed in a frathouse for an indeterminate amount of time and haven't slept more than six hours since Monday.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »

I thought of a better name for this thread but then felt a little bad.
But...

"Look who's R^2 now!"

Of course you may get cursed then.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »

The difference between him and me is that I could improve my current circumstances if I needed to and just get a room, but right now I'm counting my wealth in furniture and it's hard to pay ONE COUCH CHACHING just to sleep a little better for a few nights.

So my torture is partly self inflicted, partly circumstantial because my paperwork has been fucked sideways through no fault of my own.  Still depressing though.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »

Yeah, well I could turn MY situation around with about $1200.

And a steady job.

And being done with cYou know what, never mind.  ::(:

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »

This weekend's going to be utter fucking balls.  Work is the only thing currently distracting me from my overactive sense of self-pity.

So of course I (and everyone who is responsible for getting me the hell out of limbo) get an extra day off.  Man, I remember actually enjoying holidays weekends!

Full Metal Llama.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 06:16:53 PM »

Glames' list of life accomplishments may or may not have cheered up Spram but it sure depressed the hell out of me.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 06:58:14 PM »

I had to laugh at what he chose for the very first one.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 07:48:09 AM »

So wait, Brent.

I thought you had a place to live.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »

I'm not kidding when I say I'm sleeping on an airbued on the floor next to my parents in a house for overprivileged college-age deadbeats.  They're both stone deaf so the sound of multiple stoned-out couples fucking doesn't bother them much, but I'm pretty much losing it.  It's a basic question of how much I can actually take before the costs of going the hell somewhere else stop outweighing the sheer crushing depression of trying to exist like this.  A weekly rental around here is like $300 though, and most places require a minimum 2-4 weeks.  I have a pretty long damn list of things I could do with $600 when this is all over.  Also, I have absofuckinglutely no idea when that will be, which is kind of the worst part.

On the flipside, well, nobody has seen fit to give me any keys.  It's a gated community and I've got a passcode to get in, and the thing'll open automatically if you're in a car, but if you happen to be parked on the street you'd better have a key to get out.  What I Learned Today: I am no longer able to pull myself up over a six foot wall.  THAT'S something I'll be changing.

In the meantime, all those recurring nightmares I have about being completely trapped in a slightly hostile suburban community?  What a time to have those.

Finally got out through sheer luck of somebody not closing the gate properly, so now it's back to the long process of getting somebody to take the few large, untossable things that were left in that place before we get fined for them.  Phone battery ran out early because it's my only connection to basically anything so I went back for the charger that I left behind in my mad rush to get away from the hump party.  I don't have a house key either but that's okay because nobody ever locks the d-oh hey somebody locked the door.

These douches aren't too friendly to me, so I'm pretty much transient for the rest of the day.  FORTUNATELY!  I had the very good sense to leave another charger at work, and to keep the magnetic part of my badge in my wallet.  So I'm hanging out here, letting my lifeline fill back up, leeching off Wi-fi a bit and generally hiding from the world and kind of shirking my duties for a half hour or so.  And kind of blogging about my entirely self-inflicted inconveniences.

I'm gonna rename this thread to something more appropriate.  Be right back!

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Temporarily Embarrassed Millionaire
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 11:25:03 AM »

Ah, I thought this was a new, wider-scope Shit Days thread. I'll be on my way then.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit [Units of Time]
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 11:28:30 AM »

Better?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »

Man if you want your own thread to vent about your life events, you can have it. I just misunderstood what you meant by the first post.

I have plenty of room! I'll always have Shit Days and (increasingly) Your Job: The Movie.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 11:53:15 AM »

I didn't, it just turned out to be that thing.  Which is why I started mocking myself for it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15