Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Shit [Units of Time]  (Read 21889 times)

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit [Units of Time]
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2011, 12:26:19 PM »

god help me, my mother asked me to help her shop for a fax machine

i did ask her something along the lines of "do you also want my help to shop for an apple iic, polio, or a falcon?" (in terms she'd understand), but she remained desperately unamused

i don't know if there's a good way to spend hundreds of dollars on obsolete technology

beginning to suspect she might have been working for the government for too long

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2011, 12:48:50 PM »

Can you get her to buy a combo printer? One of those all in one deals? At least those have some marginal use.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »

That's what she wants, like a printer/fax/phone/photocopier, and it can't be inkjet because she admits she would use it only a couple times a year, and it has to be 200 bucks or less. We found a couple, but she wants to use a coupon code and the system doesn't accept it and she has to call customer service but they're not in on sundays, etc. etc.

I told her she has phones, she already has a 1500$ office-grade printer she got for free, and she could send faxes through the Internet and print copies of shit if she only bought a cheap B&W scanner instead, but her brother (who also works for the government uhoy-oy) convinced her to get a god damned fax machine and that's what she's gonna get.

Normally I wouldn't bother, considering how that woman has treated me in the past, but somehow since I've moved away she started to realize exactly how much I did for her while we still lived together and I've been getting, for the most part, much less attitude. And a free meal about every week, which is a suprisingly big deal considering my own financial situation.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2011, 09:04:28 PM »

Something I can't find or extract (probably a cat hair) is stuck in my left eye and it's driving me nuts. Flushing, sleeping, blinking, whatever... no luck. Been there for two days straight now.

GRRRRararrghjgkyfmkfm.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »

Could be a sty?

I hate those things.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2011, 04:42:02 AM »

Naw, I had a look for those.

Might-as-well-be-invisible cat hairs getting into my easily-irritated eyes is an old problem around here. This one's just hanging around way long than usual (a couple of flushes with water will usually do the trick). Might be that the hair's gone, but my eye was scratched by it so it's just residual irritation that needs to heal.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »

The bleach used to clean the fountain here at work is giving me a headache.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞɹoʍ

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2011, 05:59:10 PM »

It could be allergies.  When my allergies flare up, it feels exactly like i have an eyelash stuck in my eye.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2011, 09:59:25 PM »

I just took one support brace off a part of my body and put a different one on somewhere else. I have never felt so old.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 07:05:41 AM »

I've been doing stuff like that since my teens explicitly for the sake of never feeling old.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2011, 07:43:39 AM »

What, wearing support braces?

Oh geez, now I'm picturing Classic going to a faith-healing rally in a leg brace and crutches. After the healer does his thing, Classic screams "I'M CURED!", kicks off the brace and

Jackie Gleason - Soft Shoe

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 08:58:30 AM »

That is substantially more interesting than what actually happened, so please keep believing that and never ask me for clarification or the truth.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »

I haven't been able to get out of bed in a week.

I don't even have some medical reason or excuse. I just can't fucking move. I'm missing attendance grades in several classes at university because I'm too tired and apathetic to do anything at all. I'm going to school on an academic scholarship, which gets revoked if my GPA falls too low. It's the only way I can afford to go to university.

The only thing that keeps me remotely interested is that I know what it's like to be poor and not have a college education or money and that's pretty fucking miserable. I don't want to be that miserable for my entire life. Somehow, this is not enough to motivate me to get out of bed.

In the past, I've considered checking into a hospital to keep me from hurting myself. Now I'm considering it just so I have some kind of excuse for all the missed classes and bad grades.

I have no fucking idea what to do to keep myself from sleeping 24/7 and watching my life fall apart around me, and I'm afraid it might already be too late to do anything about it.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »

Nex? Where do you live? I am going to beat the shit out of you until the endorphins get you out of this funk.

EDIT:
Depression is brought on by a lot of things and the best thing to do to combat it is to just try and do stuff. It sounds like you've got serious depressions and it will destroy you if you don't seek real help. As a substitute for real help, I will literally drive to your home, bust down your door and drag you out of bed if need be. Do not dawdle on this.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 03:51:35 PM »

Your school probably has counseling available for that very thing. It happens to more people than you think it does.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »

Been through all manner of counseling from various psychologists and with various pill regimens. After 5 years of that I finally gave up.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »

Dude. Psych 101.

Your odds of depression, breakdown, sickness, etc., have to do with the number of life changes you're experiencing. Starting up school definitely counts. Just fucking get up and go talk to someone or tell me where you live and I will physically drag you to your damned classes.

This is important. I am not kidding.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »

the best medicine for depression is laughter

if you're out of drugs, alcohol and promiscuous sex.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »

I would think those last three would actually make it worse.

I don't know for sure, though, as I've never had any experience with them.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »

the best medicine for depression is laughter

if you're out of drugs, alcohol and promiscuous sex.

HahahahahNO.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15