Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Video game bugs  (Read 1122 times)

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Video game bugs
« on: August 13, 2011, 07:59:00 AM »

This is a thread for retarded game bugs you have found.

I didn't find this, but this is pretty good. Garrison from Talking Time found this bug all by himself.

The Best Draygon Fight

Apparently if you manage to kill draygon as it is off screen and also moving out of the room it has to loop all the way through the game back to the room to die.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Video game bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:09:54 PM »

Maybe when I get all the shit hooked back up I'll record how to grind rails/fall through the world in Dark Cloud's port town.

Also I know it's kind of passe to rag on Sonic 4's problems but I did figure out a way to make Sonic stand horizontally on certain walls and also I think stand upside-down on the top of the loops.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 11:37:34 PM »

There was a freeware Amiga game called Taskforce where if you sold an item, you could keep clicking the 'sell' button and get enough money to buy all the best gear for everyone in the game.

You could do the same with Frontier: Elite II, except that you also gained unlimited cargo space this way. You could put the largest hyperdrive on the tiniest ship and jump 200 light years in one go.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 02:48:44 AM »

Pssh, best way to get anywhere in Frontier was through triangle hyper jumps.  The dead zone beyond your drive's current hyperjump range was relative to said range, and beyond it was another ring of viable hyperjump ranges.  This continues outward indefinitely.  The best part was that you would only consume as much hydrogen and time as was required to reach the point you selected in a particular jump ring from it's starting point, rather than relative to your ship.  So, you just draw a line from your ship to your destination,and then a nother perpendicular to that line's center to the nearest leading edge of a jump ring.  Sure it takes two jumps instead of one, but it will cost you minimal fuel and time if you do it right.  Certainly far less than it would have doing things correctly.

Hard to say if it was a bug or an undocumented feature, or perhaps a debugging tool that was never removed.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:38:21 AM »

Is that the "wormhole" bug where if you can make jumps ~660ly away as if they were nearby? The reason for that was that jump distance used a 16-bit unsigned integer, which has a range of 0 to 65535. If you jumped further than 655.35 light years it rolled around to 0.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »

Anybody else remember pressing Select during a screen transition on Link's Awakening?

It was pretty awesome.  I kept Bow-Wow until I had to get the rooster.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 12:33:30 PM »

I remember playing Link's Awakening so much that the cart up and died on me.

And then Link's Awakening DX came out so I was all FUCK YES and then they removed the select bug.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 01:06:32 PM »

I loved the Select screen warp. I eventually found a way to get all 8 instruments without fighting a single boss. I remembered playing that game pretty much constantly as a kid.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 02:26:15 PM »

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »

And then Link's Awakening DX came out so I was all FUCK YES and then they removed the select bug.

It was actually removed before that; it's not in later versions of the original GB release.