Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Born from Chaos  (Read 11484 times)

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Born from Chaos
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 08:15:39 PM »

Thrown together from bits I had laying around as a sort of proof of concept for a new raptor design. I have 4 more bodies and a couple chest pieces I could try. They're not the same MK8, but they're close..

Those terminator claws aren't staying. Going to use Space Wolf Lightning Claws for this guy actually.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2011, 05:16:55 PM »

So in looking for unique hand weapons for my possible Khorne Berserkers and better done raptors, I found these:

Daemon Sword
Daemon Sword 2
Chaos Knight Weapons

I might use the Daemon Swords for the Raptors and the Knight weapons for the Berserkers. I also found some other cool things to use:
Champion Horned Head (For the normal Berserkers)
Chaos Terminator Lord Head (Skull Champion is the Berserker Leader)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2011, 05:53:43 PM »

Basically, you just want this looking as much as possible like a Motorhead album cover.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »

Well, I mean, that IS what chaos is based off of

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »

I have some Khorne Berserker bits lying around. You want 'em, Ziiro?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »

Hm.. I think I'll pass. I only need one actual set of pieces from the Khorne Berserker box (Bolt pistol arms) to make my Khorne Berserkers. And I need them in such numbers it's not really viable to ask others. Thanks for the offer, though!

My current concern is how the Chaos Knight Weapons and Daemon swords are going to fit a shoulder pad. Probably fixable with creative scalpel work, in any case.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2011, 02:06:09 PM »

Weapon holding arms for obliterator count-as, I have this idea in mind:

First, I want to list for the unaware, all the weapons an Obliterator has available:
Lascannon
Multi-melta
Plasma Cannon
Twin-Linked Plasma gun
Twin-linked Melta gun
Twin-Linked Flamer
Powerfist

Obviously I can't represent all of these in their very specific forms, but I want to give the impression these are Chaos weapon masters of some kind.

The base terminators themselves would be running with a power fist on the left arm and a Combi-melta on the left arm. These come with the Terminator Lord kits.

Plasma Cannon (Maybe with a Chaos Plasma gun on the same arm next to it) coming over the shoulders or coming from the sides of the torso.
Lascannon same as above.
Flamer under the power fist on the left arm, or attached to the top of it.* (Once I actually see the model I might go with something smaller like a hand flamer. )
Plasma pistol attached to the combi-melta on the right arm in some way

Possibilities for mounting the Plasma cannon and Lascannons: With the blades removed from Tyranid Warrior arms and them attached? Greenstuff a slightly more organic attachment? This just strikes me as a bit of a stretch and I need something more mechanical, but nothing is coming to mind at all. TIME TO CHECK THE TOY STORE FOR SOMETHING I CAN BUTCHER.

Edit: I browsed cool mini or not and found this and this but neither have the exact look I'm looking for. Hmm.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »

Serious dedication to how your models look.  You must be breathing money onto these things.  Any luck figuring out what you wanted to do with the mismatching front/back bodies?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2011, 02:57:37 PM »

Serious dedication to how your models look.  You must be breathing money onto these things.

The look of them is everything to me. I want to create something that is truly unique in design and feel. As far as money? I haven't spent anything yet since I bought the Daemon prince. This is all just planning and planning to make sure I get exactly what I need in the numbers I need to make them look how I want. In the end however, I'd like to have a flexible, well-rounded army to field that keeps this consistent look and feel.

As far as the armor colors go? I'm going to paint one of each and see what looks better. One with the white back and one with a blue back. I will probably go with blue on both sides, however. My concern is that it will look something like a dress instead of a robe if I do that, but I suppose it'll still look plenty sorcerous, looking at this for an example: Sorcerer

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2011, 07:36:22 PM »

Bits order came in. Took a bit to properly sort and make sure it was all there, but they're all clipped and bagged and ready to be used when I get the rest of the parts/units over the next couple of days.

small problem: Dark Souls comes out tomorrow. I probably won't get this stuff done for a while, yet.

Raptor Aspiring Champion proper:

Note: Going through so many different bits has show me the different generations of plastics that GW has used gives a very interesting picture of the degradation of their quality and material. Some of the older, lighter plastic had no flashing or bad cuts at all. The more recent, darker plastic had so much to clean off it was ridiculous.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »

Is that the 'finecast' stuff you're referring to?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »

No, I mean this:

The one on the far right probably needs to be in the middle actually. But you get the idea

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2011, 10:01:08 PM »

Turned the head of the raptor. Now included: Terminator lord (Not sure about the arms/shoulders yet) and my "Khorne" Berzerker skull champion.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2011, 06:05:25 AM »

SPARE CHANGE! SPARE CHANGE FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 07:10:21 AM »

He's even got a cup and everything.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 09:36:26 AM »

SPARE CHANGE! SPARE CHANGE FOR THE BLOOD RAVEN GOD!

Close enough.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 05:55:15 PM »

Rank and File Raptor and Berzerker. I have to greenstuff the necks of the 'zerkers, because the head is too large to fit behind the high collar.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2011, 12:36:03 PM »

Building the Rhinos. I'll have pictures later. But I just thought I'd mention that putting together Imperial vehicles is a bitch. They're incredibly angular and boxy and it's hard to get it to look perfect because if you mess up one angle by a degree, the whole thing is thrown off and it looks tacky.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »

That's what vices are for, my good man.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7