Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Born from Chaos  (Read 11498 times)

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Born from Chaos
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2011, 06:51:34 PM »

We'll just call the mediocre construction chaos' fault.

uh, yeah. that's it. Pictures to come. Putting together the last one. Second one was easier because I figured a better order to put them in, but there's still a spot that isn't flush that is driving me insane to look at.

Fuck these things. I don't have a hobby vice. Visually I'm not 100% sure what to do with them either, so I'm making them pretty generic chaos. Maybe far far down the road I'll make new ones when I'm more experienced, but these will do for now. The need is mostly gameplay and mechanical.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »

My current Workbench.

The boxes in the top right there are for the bags, my random bits box, and my selected bits box. Shown are all the models I built yesterday and today. To go: 1 Rhino. 4 Terminator Lords, 3 "Obliterators" and my defiler.
Not pictured: The rest of my army. I'll have a complete picture eventually.

Completed Raptor squad (still needs mold line detailing) and Berserkers (Same treatment, and I hate the fact that those front two look alike. That's the problem with two sets of legs and only three sets of arms that are hard to mod.)

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2011, 01:32:38 AM »

You still continue to amaze me in that you're actually buying boatloads of figures, cleaning them up, and assembling them.... Next you'll tell me you actually /play/ this game..  /TG/ would say you've missed the point but I think you're on to something here.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:14 AM »

I've got the drive to finish the models because I love building them. I'm pretty eager to play it as well - couple friends and I are building up our armies and setting up for some games. My one issue however is I have little to no drive to actually paint these (because I could not do them justice) and I'm trying to find a solution to that.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2011, 11:18:12 AM »

Oh, just go ahead and use them bare. It will surely irk the hell out of some tourney neckbeard.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »

My friend did the body up for me per the guide I linked him. He used a dremmel or something - but it turned out PERFECT. I was excited to put it together tonight. This is what I've got so far: It needs a tail. But I had to get a face on it. I've been stressing over it for a while, and I just decided "fuck it, lets glue stuff together and see what we come up with

IT HAS A MISSILE LAUNCHER FOR A FACE, YES. C H A O S

Fuck it. Those are compound eyes. Time to get another missile launcher.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »

Grabbed the bonesaw. Built the tail. However, because I'm using the havoc launcher for the eyes I'm going to need a new weapon sprue to get another one on the tail. But then it would be asymmetrical. hmm.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2011, 08:58:27 PM »

Split it into two packs of three missile each with a fine S-shaped cut, then mount them on the sides?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »

The changed plan: Lascannon is going on one side, Havoc launcher on the other. This way I have every weapon possible to the model represented and I have the ability to count it as anything.

The Standing army.

Incomplete:
Defiler
Thousand sons Rhino

Unbuilt:
3 "Obliterators"
4 Terminator Lords
1 Rhino

In transit
-Thousand Sons Forgeworld Dreadnought. Expected around the first of November
-Bits to finish Defiler and Base for above mentioned dreadnought

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2011, 09:07:11 PM »

Obliterators completed. With these (and Terminators I finish but have not pictured yet) I have completed my 2k+ Army point project* and I have learned one very important thing from it all. Fuck building rhinos. Those are the most unpleasant things in the world to build. Everything else was a blast.

*(building phase. Still need to clean up each model and paint and base. But hey, I'm glad one step is over with.)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2011, 06:04:29 AM »

needs more dakka

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2011, 07:56:54 AM »

Obliterators have more dakka than any other unit on the battlefield in all of 40k! It's a fact.

And although the core of my army is done I'm waiting for a few more things to come in. Namely:

-Bits to finish the Defiler
-Forgeworld Contemptor Dreadnought + Dual CCW arms
-Forgeworld Thousand Sons Dreadnought + Detailed Base
-Watching another Forgeworld Thousand Sons Dreadnought on ebay to maybe snatch it up for cheap.

In the mean time? Time to clean up mold lines, clipping marks, etc.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »

It's a little crooked, but fuck it.  :perfect:

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2011, 09:40:19 PM »

It's crooked because Chaos

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2011, 05:35:57 AM »

Okay, I am very curious about proposed paint schemes for laser-death-scorpion there.  Tzeentch, right?  So deep blues with a black ink wash with gold highlights?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2011, 07:29:32 AM »

Blue as the primary armor color. Dark silver/gunmetal for any exposed machinery and highlights on the plates themselves. I may work in some purple for the detailings and pipings, but mostly blue/silver actually.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2011, 10:38:04 AM »

2k Points + A Stormblade.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2011, 01:16:09 PM »

Stormblade is the one with the plasma destroyer right?  Can you even field that in a conventional game?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2011, 01:36:56 PM »

Apoc only. However between me and my friends I've come up with some experimental rules I'd like to run by them to try it in a normal game.

Base Stormblade has 3 structure points and uses Apoc templates for the plasma cannon - it's a 450 point unit.

What I'm suggesting to them is I'll ditch the structure points and use normal templates (The gun has two attacks at different ranges using different templates. Shorter range has a bigger template.) for -100 points, so 350 for what is basically a big multi-weapon tank. I might cut the ranges in half as well, as they are currently kind of ridiculous. I think there's something to be said about movement and number of weapons fired, as well, but we'll see about that when I get a chance to playtest the rules.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7