Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Gears of War 3: WHO WANTS TOAST  (Read 4519 times)

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
Re: Gears of War 3: WHO WANTS TOAST
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »

The changes to horde mode were totally new to me, so I didn't have a clue about the traps or 'bonus round' stuff was about at first.  My aim with the longshot has gotten horrible since Gears 1.  I'll try to get some practice against some pubbies next week.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2011, 07:34:17 PM »

Wow, joining random campaign games gives you the thrilling excitement of 14 year olds on pause yelling at their mom in the background.  And if you're lucky enough, you'll reconnect to that game every time you try to join a pub campaign.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2011, 01:44:56 PM »

Kabbage has family coming in this weekend, so he can't spearhead a match this weekend.  I'd still like to play, if the rest of you haven't moved on to other games by now.  I'm still trying to make my headset work, it's one of the newer black 360 ones with a simple plug.  The volume threshold seems fine and in the dashboard it'll play back recordings just fine, yet nobody in gears seems to be able to hear me.

Anyway, I'd like to try out Beast mode.  I nabbed the multiplayer DLC thing they put out, not entirely sure what it added.

Nerd

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »

I would be down for this except tonight doesn't work well for me.  I'd be free all day Sunday and anytime Saturday til the later night hours, though!

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2011, 05:10:40 PM »

Tenatively like to shoot for 9PM CST on Saturday.  Can shift it back or forward an hour as needed.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2011, 06:19:24 PM »

Something came up, I won't be available this evening.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »

Getting a horde game together for tomorrow, Sunday, at 9 pm EST. So far I've got Max and A Dude I Know From Elsewheres.

ANY TAKERS

Nerd

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2011, 06:25:12 PM »

I'll probably pop in after class around that time, maybe a little after.  Also, you mean Monday, right?  :mikey:

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2011, 10:03:55 PM »

Monday yes

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »

I'm good for tonight from at least 8 to 10 CST, possibly longer.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »

Damn fine shootins last night fellas

Max mentioned that the first third of everything that was coming through my voice chat was getting cut off. Nerd can you confirm this?

It's a new controller and mic, so if that's the case I guess it has something to do with my connection. I'll have to look into it.

Nerd

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 01:48:08 PM »

I didn't notice anything cutting off completely, but every now and then your volume seemed kind of low and I couldn't quite understand what you were saying.  On the other hand, I turn off voice chat on the console and can only hear through the shitty standard headset and its volume doesn't go up very high, so :shrug:

Good shootin' times last night regardless.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2012, 09:21:55 AM »

This weekend they're doing a thing where the longer you stay alive, the more XP and such you earn. Who's up for some Gears tomorrow at like 3 PM (EST)?

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2012, 10:50:03 PM »

Max is on board! Anyone else? 3 PM dudes! I guarantEE you will see a dogg get curbstomped.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]