Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Moral Ambiguity (Idea Thread)  (Read 766 times)

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Moral Ambiguity (Idea Thread)
« on: April 07, 2012, 07:05:45 AM »

Roles:

Prophet - Has heard the will of the gods and wants to lead the village to great prosperity and joy. Can not be targeted by any powers or lynching. Each night may choose to scry a target to reveal their alignment, but can't communicate the following day.

False Prophet - Bitter to not have been chosen, his only will is to destroy the work of the gods. Same as prophet but instead of scrying can convert a villager every other night.

Villager - Standard innocent. Wins if the prophet wins.

Converted Villager - Wins if the false prophet wins.

Each day plays out as any normal wolf game. Villagers choose who they think is a blasphemer and hang 'em. Any villager still properly worshiping the gods will surely be have their soul saved anyway, so no real loss.

At any point during any day villagers may instead choose to rally around a priest and expel the heathens. If either priest gains more than half of the current total villagers, the game is over.

I was tossing a bunch of ideas in my head after the VvW talk and this is the heavily edited version of what seemed the coolest and easiest to run. Looking over the final product it's a lot more like the current Kazz game then I wanted it to but OH WELL. Opinions?

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Moral Ambiguity (Idea Thread)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 08:13:09 AM »

Thinking about it more

Devout: can not be converted. Don't learn the identity of the priest, but know they were targeted.

EDIT:
Heathens: Regular villagers, but always show up as converted, count towards neither win, can not be converted

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »

Is "rally" something you vote for instead of a lynch? What's to stop the Prophet from outing himself at the beginning and having the villagers rally to win on the first day?

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »

Both priests have equal claim to the title of prophet and are equally impossible to prove. That's the most important rule to keep in check. I want the prophet to be a role that just needs to hold out to win, while the false prophet has a higher risk of losing and has to actively convince and deceive. Which means giving him more power to work with, but that still appears to act like the prophet.

The idea behind rally is basically the same as a vote. If a rally starts but the lynch vote is reached first the lynch commences. If more than half the villagers rally behind one priest, that priest wins, regardless of other factors.

So say there are ten villagers, five rally behind priest A, four want to lynch Guild. If the last person rallies instead of voting, game over. If someone from the rally joins in voting Guild along with the last villager it's a normal vote and the next morning all votes / rallying starts from scratch.