Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: TMNT  (Read 7488 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: TMNT
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 10:49:08 PM »

Hey, I remember that one too.

There were, like, 20 different scenes of him tickling Irma.  It was uhhhhhh pretty weird.

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »

I think he was in more than one episode, but in the one I had he was tickling two little kids.  :wat:

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Funnybooks
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 08:43:03 PM »

Tales of the TMNT #59 is another great Jones/Harman man-on-the-street post-City at War issue.

The most interesting thing about it is the main character, Lauren Stanton, a photojournalist trying to expose corruption in the police force and prove the truth about the Foot.

That's right -- a new character who's pretty much Movie April.

Her boss is even named Charles Pennington.  :perfect:

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 08:49:49 PM »

Yeah, it was Burger King. I got some episode with that mobster who would tie people up and tickle their feet with a feather to get them to talk.

My recollection is that the Burger King VHS tapes were later eps than Case of the Killer Pizzas, which was a very early one.  (IIRC they even bragged that they were episodes that hadn't aired yet.)  I remember one of them was Sky Turtles, and I think there was one called The Great Boldini (which may be the one with the foot-tickling mobster, don't remember -- that one was something about Don Turtelli and the Tortellini Emerald, right?).

This is from memory; am sure you can find more information somewhere on the Internet.

What pisses me off about what CN is doing lately is that THEY ARE FALSELY ADVERTISING!  You cannot be "Cartoon Network" if you keep showing more and more shows that are not works of animation in the slightest.

Obvious joke about Fox News goes here.

Fredward

• a romantic soul
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 09:00:20 PM »

yeah, that shit has no foxes whatsoever
Quote from: Brentai
It's never easy to tell just where the line is between physical malady and the general crushing horror of life itself.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 06:50:35 AM »

Music Television lol

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »

I am only on board with this supposed time warp crossover if they get the original voice actors for the 80s-90s.  I WANT MY CAM CLARKE, DAMN IT :doit:

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 08:07:50 PM »

Was just gonna say that.

Townsend Coleman and Rob Paulsen are pretty fucking awesome too.

...You know what?  Fuck it.  I want them to meet the Tick.

(Also: Laird toyed with an idea for an Archie/Mirage crossover back in the '90's.  Wonder how much of that idea carries over here.  Would be pretty great if he worked Kirby into it!)

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 04:21:43 PM »

Hey, guess who now owns the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in every conceivable fashion? I'll give you a clue: they live in a pineapple under the sea.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 10:01:43 PM »

Hey, guess who now owns the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in every conceivable fashion? I'll give you a clue: they live in a pineapple under the sea.

Maybe they'll do something good, maybe they'll do something bad.  At any rate, the Turtles were due for a shakeup; both the original TMNT run (everything, comics, toon, movies) and the revival have been characterized by early enthusiasm and energy from the creators, eventually giving way to poorer product as it becomes work instead of fun.

I chatted with Roger about this for a bit.  I think Laird's tight control of the reins over the past decade was initially a good thing -- remember the kind of shit we got when he gave up control (GIRL TURTLE!) -- but in terms of the toon and Archie comic, I think he has an unfortunate tendency to throw the Mutanimal baby out with the grappling-hook bathwater.  Steve Murphy apparently pushed for Season 7(?) to use a bunch of his characters from the Archie series; I can pretty much guarantee that would have been better than the Tron ripoff they went with instead.

At any rate, I think both the Turtles and Laird will benefit from this, at least in the short term.  In the long term...well, we could get another girl turtle.

I just hope that it'll mean that I can get the show on DVD for less than the terrifying arm & leg they're charging now (the 'bad old days' TV-on-video pricing model of like $25 for three episodes).

I'm about goddamn sick of seeing the three-episodes-at-a-time single-disc releases, too.  If people wanted TV shows released in that format, they'd have fucking kept buying VHS.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 10:52:03 AM »

Turtles Forever is absolutely, 100% fantastic.

edit: ahem.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »

Turtles Forever is absolutely, 100% fantastic.

edit: ahem.

Just watched it, and I completely agree. My favorite part was Turtles [spoiler]Prime. Wish they had shown April Prime so they could make fun of her hair. Defeating Shredder Prime instantly was a great reference to how he actually dies in the first issue of TMNT.[/spoiler]

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »

[spoiler]Bebop and Rocksteady save the multiverse.[/spoiler]

Any word on if any of the old voice cast returned?  Because if they aren't, those are some good soundalikes.  Well, except Cam Clarke.

EDIT: Also, when Utrom Shredder had them captured and was Bond Villain-ing it up, how many alternate realities could you pick out?

I saw the old movies Turtles, the new movie Turtles, that weird sentai one from Japan.  Since I haven't really paid attention to the comics, I couldn't identify anything else really.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 09:18:10 AM »

Gotta say the high point for me was watching them visit the 80's universe. So good.

Favorite lines:

"Our shredder ain't like your shredder. He's vicious!" "Evil!" "Competent!!"

"Turtle power!" Ralph, under his breath: "Annoying power..."

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »

Simply fucking wonderful.  The perfect capper to two and a half decades' Turtles -- and, indeed, to the end of Laird's custodianship of his creations.

You guys know I love me some metafiction, and this had elements of some of my favorites -- All-Star Superman and Legends of the Dark Knight (from TAS) come to mind.

I particularly liked the fading-away visuals, especially the tones-to-inks-to-pencils.

Any word on if any of the old voice cast returned?  Because if they aren't, those are some good soundalikes.  Well, except Cam Clarke.

Leo was way off, yeah.  Don was ballpark, Shredder and Bebop seemed the closest to their originals.  I'd like to see the credits, yeah.  Also curious who voiced [spoiler]the Primes[/spoiler].

EDIT: Also, when Utrom Shredder had them captured and was Bond Villain-ing it up, how many alternate realities could you pick out?

I saw the old movies Turtles, the new movie Turtles, that weird sentai one from Japan.  Since I haven't really paid attention to the comics, I couldn't identify anything else really.

I'll take it from here!

Michael Zulli's Turtles, from feudal Japan
Mark Martin's Turtles, who get blown up and then have their brains temporarily implanted in household appliances
LeSean Thomas's Turtles from the short-lived Dreamwave adaptation of the '03 toon
The Future Turtles from the Archie series (and I THINK I may have seen them in their wrestling costumes, too)

Notably absent: the Image Turtles.

Gotta say the high point for me was watching them visit the 80's universe. So good.

I like how they immediately make a crack about April wearing a yellow jumpsuit and then THEIR April shows up wearing...

All in all, pretty fucking great.  If you like the Turtles -- any version -- you'll walk away from this with a huge grin.  I will buy it when it comes out on DVD.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 10:59:48 AM »

Didn't April have a yellow catsuit in James Arnold Taylor-Leo's universe (aka: the new movie)?

Eee hee hee hee.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »

So it turns out the TV version of Turtles Forever had 12 minutes of material cut, and while there's still no DVD release date announcement yet, 4kids.com will have the complete version on Wednesday.

No word on what that 12 minutes will entail but the part that felt the most like it could use more was the trip to the '87 Turtles' world.

Cannon

• Hopes for a great many things
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2009, 04:13:48 PM »

As I understand it, there was a scene that explained how Kirai knew Ch'Rell was back, and it was cut.

Personally, I would like to know if Hun's condition was reversed or kept. We'll see, or we won't.

David Wise needs to watch this thing, if he hasn't already.

Thad

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »

As I understand it, there was a scene that explained how Kirai knew Ch'Rell was back, and it was cut.

Makes sense.

Personally, I would like to know if Hun's condition was reversed or kept. We'll see, or we won't.

The structure of the story really doesn't lend itself to showing anything after the Turtles return to their respective homeworlds -- otherwise, Hun would really be the character I'd be least interested in saying goodbye to; Splinter could use a minute and Casey and April were barely in the thing.

I'm going to take it as read that Hun's change was permanent, but it's a moot point as we'll likely never see this universe again.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 07:22:56 PM »

I just finally watched Turtles Forever and yeah it was fuckawesome. My only disappointment was Krang and Shredder never got revenge on 2003 Shredder, because they are the best characters. It still seems like something as many people as possible should watch.

I would like to know more about the reality where Raphael was driving a giant robot. I checked all of Thad's links and it wasn't in there? Although looking at them reminded me that they were once good friends with a giant flying cow head :3
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6