Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Binding of Isaac  (Read 11408 times)

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
Re: The Binding of Isaac
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2012, 03:06:10 PM »

There are quite a few bugs though. I didn't get the item unlock from beating the new boss, and it plays the old End11 cinematic (although End12 is still unlocked in the stats menu)

Also the new character is REALLY HARD to get going with. He has 1 heart, so unless you get a lot of health early, you're screwed.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2012, 11:28:25 AM »

Using a Moon card on a Curse of the Labyrinth level took me to a secret room whose only exit led to a regular room that didn't connect to anything else, and I spent all my bombs trying to blow up the walls to no effect.

"do you want me to die y/n"

no

but

:(

That said I was cheesing everything with an early Mom's Contact + Technology 2 + Bloodlust combo so it's not like I lost the result of any real effort.

Anyway long story short watch out for Moon cards. I'd be wary of telepills and the teleport remote as well I suppose.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2012, 09:41:31 PM »

Killed the very final last boss for the first time with ???. I had picked him at random and regretted it until I found Epic Fetus and a Rosary on the first two floors. I died on the very last room before the boss but I had an Ankh, causing ??? to revive as himself with 3 soul hearts, and that was all I needed. I did carpet-bomb myself on more than a few occasions so there was room for error there I suppose. Protip: Epic Fetus only ever deals half a heart of damage to yourself, and if you have the Polaroid on ??? then the shield kicks in every time you take any damage; on the later floors you can save yourself some health by hitting yourself that way in really desperate situations.

And in the end the game gave me the achievement for beating it as Samson.  :disappoint:

(Though I found Samson really is the worst character so eh. At least Eve's starting stuff kicks in when you need help, not when you no longer need it.)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2012, 05:07:57 AM »

Blood Lust is actually a really good item! Half the bosses in the game are Minionmancers, including two of the most significant set bosses(Mom) and it's mildly useful in a lot of regular rooms because it charges up in about 4 kills and you can see up to 12 monsters or so in a room.

Samson still sucks though because he commits the cardinal sin of lowering his base damage output for no reason! Attacking more slowly?! Christ! If he had a bit of +Speed or something to help make him unique... you could argue that they want the characters to be good in different ways without being too good, but you end up with Cain and Judas at the top by such an incredible degree it's ridiculous. Maggie and Isaac are good for different reasons, but not great. ??? is the challenge mode, fair enough. But Eve and Samson are just painfully bad.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »

Yeah, Blood Lust rocks when you already have some offensive power under your belt and don't have problems killing that first enemy in each room (which is especially difficult when you can't focus one of them down effectively). So in the end, Judas with Blood Lust is a still a lot better than Samson with the Book of Belial.

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2012, 01:47:10 AM »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2012, 12:25:41 PM »

so every time I walk into a room and get Envy I'm like YOU WON'T DEFEAT ME, WEREWOLF SAVANT

also holy shit if you get Super Lust (or even regular Lust) and you are Maggie without any speed ups yet you are gonna have a bad time

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2012, 03:48:31 PM »

This seems like an opportune moment to point out that Edmund McMillen is working on a remake of this game that's in Not Flash, with hopes of a console release as well as a PC one. Maybe even 3DS, he hopes. Local co-op multiplayer is also a goal.
...but is it art?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]