Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 40248 times)

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Dark Souls
« on: October 04, 2011, 06:58:55 PM »

So uhhh...

This game is hard.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »

"Man I'm doing pretty okay."

(Black Knight)
(Tartarus Demon)

"Fuck."

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »

I got past that part, but I've hit the wall that is the second boss. I will give you a small hint on what it is: [spoiler]Maneater 2[/spoiler]

And then I decided to try the other path, and I get raped even harder. There are other ways I could go at this point, but it mostly involves me running from whatever horrible demons inhabit them.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »

I stayed up late last night watching people play this. I would very much like to get into the series, especially now that you can downrate messages! The messages are by far my favorite part of both games. My friend was talking about dropping weapons on the ground so they'd spawn into monsters for other people :D and if the item wanders around as a monster too long, it could become more powerful, and beating the monster gives you the item
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:06:11 PM »

At this point I don't mind dying a bunch while I learn the paths because I'm not losing a lot of souls or progression, so I'm exploring Undead Burg pretty happily. I even tried to take on the Black Knight. [spoiler]HE'S LIKE THE RED KNIGHT FROM 1-1 IN THE FIRST GAME, FYI.[/spoiler]

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »

One HUGE annoyance however:

Enemies can't hurt each other anymore.  ::(:

Nerd

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 08:17:09 PM »

Man you know this game isn't screwing around when there's at least two or three "OH SHIT I'M FUCKED" moments in the tutorial.

Maybe it's just me, but the enemy movements seem more erratic and harder to predict this time.  Also, there's more of them, so it's easier to get surrounded/overwhelmed if you're not careful.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 11:23:12 PM »

I ran too far and I ended up in a land of things I can't kill

Getting back is proving difficult.

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 01:51:12 AM »

OK, So I've beaten the first 2 bosses and I have to say, the boss Smiler was talking about is a giant dick but I don't have the FALLING OF THE CLIFF CONSTANTLY problem I did with the Demon's Souls variant, I beat him in Dark Souls in 2 goes, so far the game seems decidedly harder at times but generally I feel that the bosses haven't been as hard(Note I've only fought 2... 3 if you include tutorial). That stated, the TRASH is way harder in this game.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 06:16:18 AM »

can't really call them trash since they drop useful gear and humanity occasionally.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 06:58:25 AM »

Ziiro: I made sure I didn't rest at any bonfires in places that looked way too hardcore for me to be at, but I did get some cool items by running around all of the horrible hellbeasts.

Cthulhu-Chan: Humanities drop once every 10,000 times, and I don't even think that I get them from enemies most of the time. I swear after dying to the belltower boss about 5 times in a row I spawned with one.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 08:35:44 AM »

I made it back to the second Bonfire and I only lost about ~2000 souls. Which, hilariously, would be quickly farmable if you look around the area at the second and have the shortcut unlocked.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 08:50:11 AM »

It's definitely not that bad, and they only drop if the boss of that area is still alive.  They are pretty uncommon, though.  I've gotten four off drops, so far.

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »

Ovaltine Jenkins posted:
 This game is so fucking hardcore that my brakes just went out on the way home from picking it up. It's trying to kill me before I've even opened the game.

YOU HANDBRAKED
 Phantom, You were unable to achieve your brakes.
 You must leave this road.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »

Re: Dark Knight

[spoiler]Are you man enough to drag one from the top of a tower into the dragon's breath? Gave me a Titanite chunk and 300( or was it 600 souls?)[/spoiler]

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 08:00:32 PM »

Tip of the day

[spoiler]ENEMIES CAN PARRY AND RIPOSTE[/spoiler]

:slow:

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »

There is some serious input lag going on in this game and it has been wearing down my patience this whole time. I just died to a black knight because my dude suddenly decided to drink 4 seconds after I had pressed square. I did not want to heal anymore I wanted to not get fucked in the face.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 10:00:13 PM »

It cues up your button presses to some extent so if you hit the button to quaff an estus flask while you are in the middle of attacking or rolling or whatever it'll wait till you finish the current animation and then go to the next. It can be helpful when you have to do a bunch of shit like cast a spell, switch back to your shield, chug a potion and dodge all as quickly as possible.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »

I can't handle those fucking ghosts. There's too many in too small of rooms for me to properly kill them with the sword. And I can't kill them fast enough with that ghost dagger.

For fucks sake

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 05:52:43 AM »

"Oh, thank god, the armored boar didn't respawn... YOU DID NOT JUST CLOSE MY SHORTCUT YOU FUCKING CUNTS"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33