Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 101

Author Topic: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)  (Read 85982 times)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »

[Bluff, Diplomacy and Streetwise are all at 9, Insight is 5, Perception is so low that i'm embarrassed to say how much it is. Francisca tends to miss the details and make them up as she goes along.]

"So I imagine we need to find out exactly what group of dwarves we're dealing with first? And where they're located, it couldn't hurt to know any secret ways into the building, too."

She turns to face the rest "How about we all go out and gather information, and meet up together in an hour or two to enact our lovely plan?"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 01:53:12 PM »

(Bluff +10, Diplomacy +3, Intimidate +8, Streetwise +8)

Vivi plucks another mint leaf from a pocket and pops it into her mouth, starts chewing. "Sounds fine..." Gives Fransisca/Vanessa/Stush(I just noticed you've named yourself differently twice now) a dead serious look. "Hey sister, we'll need some silver to loosen lips, don't you think? Could you help me out?"

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »

(Bluff +0, Diplomacy +0, Intimidate +5, Streetwise +5, Stealth +2, Thievery +2 I'm terrible at skills. But I'm hella strong!)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »

Code: [Select]
TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +6, Endurance +10, Athletics +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +1, History, Insight +1, Intimidate +2, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion, Stealth +1, Streetwise, Thievery +1

She turns to face the rest "How about we all go out and gather information, and meet up together in an hour or two to enact our lovely plan?"

"Uh, 'scuse me," Briar raises a hand. "All of us? I mean, it sounds like an okay plan, but I don't think me 'n the gravedigger here are cut out for hob-nobbin'."

She nods at Dog. "No 'fence."

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 07:21:08 PM »

"I- eh. Hmph." Dog grunted. "Fine. I do a bit better around the dead."
He sets his bag down and goes through it, looking for something.
"I suppose the unsociable among us could fetch supplies and whatnot in the mean time," he muses as he pulls out two silver flasks. He turns to the paladin. "Any way I can get these filled with Holy Water? My supply ran out a while back."

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 09:00:37 PM »

[Dang it, my last character was named vanessa, that's probably why I got them mixed up.]

"Well, some of us will need to sneak in and steal the sword back while we're distracting the dwarves, there'll be something for everyone to do!"

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »

The paladin frowns at Dog's request. "Our holy water font is not a drinking fountain!"

"Under the circumstances, however, we would be willing to part with some holy water... for a donation of no less than fifteen gold per vial."

"As for the rest of you, the staff in the forge in the east wing might have some information, but don't expect more help from the church than that. Between the heightened alert after this theft and managing the town guard for the festival, our men are stretched thin as it is. Hop to it!"

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »

Francisca nods, "Alright then, well, i'm going to head to the forge, if you all want to do your own things for about two hours or so, how about we all meet back up here and exchange information, I think the information we need is Where they are, Which I should be able to get, The layout of the building they're in, Which we might be able to get from.. an architect? Do we have any city planner archives? Anything like that? And I guess anything else that we could use as leverage? It'd be better if we could just get them to give us the sword rather than steal it, honestly."

She gathers up her backpack and puts it on. "So as the fine gentleman said, Let's hop to it!", And starts walking towards the east wing, whistling a tune.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »

Vivi drifts off after Fran, skipping every third step, except after every fourth skip, she has to not skip but shuffle. "Don't be stingy, sis. You don't know the city like I do."

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »

She turns slightly to look down at Vivi, "Oh? Okay, you can be my guide, little Vivi", she slows down to let Vivi take the lead.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »

"Until the hour of our rendezvous, then, I shall sup in the Dwarven district," said Pitamaha, "for the bitter mushroom soup served there agreeth with me and with my vows. And if there is aught to learn of swordsmiths not enjoying the festival, perhaps Amethyst shall guide it into my ear." He drew his cloak around to conceal his sword. "By your leave, doughty ones, your Grace," he said, and departed.

[I'll find an inn or restaurant a short ways into the Dwarven district, if possible one that appears well-trafficked and mainly by locals, spend two of my last three silver pieces on a common meal, make small talk like the traveler I am, and go all Passive Insight on anyone who seems to have anything bigger than the harvest festival on their mind. With my poor Streetwise I don't expect to bump into anything, but this seems optimal.]
...but is it art?

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 11:24:44 PM »

[So JD, Me and vivi are gonna go to the forge and find information about the dwarves. Pithama is gonna go and acquire information in the dwarven district. I dunno what the others are going to do. The format can make it a little hard to sort all this stuff out, with everyone not always being here and all. We don't want them to have nothing to do! Maybe they should come with us? Or hang out with pithama.

Also, the paladin never responded to my question about them putting up a notice that a master thief was spotted in town recently, to cover our tracks.]

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 01:05:59 AM »

[running out so I can be more detailed later, but for sake of knowing what's going on, Ampersand would be focusing following the path from the forge towards the dwarven quarter. Asking around in parts that look like someone may have noticed something but mainly checking for anything that may be out of place or relate to holy blacksmiths and / or fire swords; streetwise and what-not]

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 03:24:20 AM »

Vivi leads the way to the forge~

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »

Francisca: Paladin Tyrin scoffs at your request. He says the church of Catharsus aren't in the habit of distributing lies, and that his men are stretched too thin even so. That said, Great Renvale is such a large and busy city that a few adventurers poking their nose around shouldn't arouse too much suspicion, especially during a festival. He bids you farewell and marches off to attend to duties.

A stone stairway leads down from the east wing of the cathedral to the underground forge. A pair of guards eye Vivi and Francisca carefully as they descend the staircase and enter the forge. The air is hot and stifling and smells of smoke. The chamber is wide and lit only by clay furnaces stoked by human blacksmiths.

A stocky grey-haired blacksmith takes a break from stoking the fire to greet you.

"Ah, so you're the ones investigating the missing blade. I thought you'd be coming. I'll give you any help I can." He shuffles through his apron pocket and hands you a piece of paper.

"These are the names of the dwarves who went missing with the sword."

The full list is: Urkas Berg, Bthur Glorcral, Daim Norlyr, Farkas Thofik, Durvar Durgirn, and Oster Mafik.

"What strikes me as odd is that these were trustworthy people. Urkas has worked on these forges for five years now, and we were good friends. If he wasn't such a strong follower of that dwarven deity of his, he'd have made an excellent cleric here. If we hadn't had reliable eyewitness reports, I wouldn't have believed he could steal from the church like this."

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 03:44:09 PM »

Pitamaha and Ampersand: Taverns in the dwarven district of town seem all too happy to accept the trade of the festival-goers, although the ceilings are built a little low for humans. The dwarves in this area can be heard speaking their own language.

Ampersand: The dwarves you speak to reveal that the dwarven blacksmiths who work at the forge at the cathedral have their homes in the dwarven quarter, and are well-known in these parts. On the night that the sword was stolen, they arrived home very late, and didn't stop at their normal inn, known in Common language as the Black Anvil. Late that night, took the shortest path together from the cathedral to the dwarven district, and were last spotted heading in the direction of the underground temple of dwarven god Derke Taarsen.

Pitamaha: Your keen insights discern two suspicious dwarves at the back of the tavern. They cast occasional glances at all the non-dwarves who enter the tavern. They sit next to an elf in a black cloak, who has no food or drink in front of him and never speaks.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 03:55:10 PM »

Ampersand heads towards the temple, only investigating the immediate area and as far in as he can get without attracting attention to himself. Not actively asking about the dwarves or sword, but just checking for any one or where that looks like it could be helpful (trapdoors, dwarves with giant flaming swords, etc.)

After that he heads towards the Black Anvil, only forgoing it to return to the cathedral if he's already desperately late. Regardless of his next destination he makes sure to take advantage of being alone and travels the scenic route through the festive areas, testing out his pickpocketing on the more wealthy looking denizens of crowded streets.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 04:35:51 PM »

Dog heads to grab a bite of something meaty and scopes out the town, eaves dropping and maybe talking to a few people in order to hear any odd rumors floating about the underbelly of the city.
(Streetwise +5, Intimidate +5, Perception +0, Diplomacy +0)

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »

[P the food and service extravagantly. Make note of the name of the tavern I was in and its location; if it's in Dwarven, ask the barkeep what it means in Common, the better to remember it. Wander through the immediate vicinity as a tourist, doubling back past the place at one point. Pop in, discreetly check to see if the suspicious ones are still there, ask the barkeep to remind me again what was the name of that seasoning used in the soup, remember the recipe if possible (I assume an INT check?), and head back to the meeting place right on time.]
...but is it art?

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »

Francisca smiles and bows slightly to the blacksmith, "Thank you, sir, you've been a great help."

She rubs the side of her head, thinking, "You say they were trustworthy? Do you know if they've been having any troubles lately? Have they seemed different than usual?"

She pulls her monocle out and rubs her eye, "It's just, usually when people do things like this, they have a good reason, especially if they don't have a history of it, and if so, that changes the dynamics of the whole situation."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 101