Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 101

Author Topic: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)  (Read 86292 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2011, 02:38:44 PM »

"Well these are my lucky coins, so only *I* get to chew them!" Grumble grumble storms off, gonna go use the 'lou and give Francisca time to talk without a suspicious looking friend around.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2011, 02:47:31 PM »

Dog heads off and hangs out at the festival.
He keeps an eye out for anything unusual.

(Streetwise +5, Perception +0)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2011, 03:21:06 PM »

Francisca laughs and grins at the dwarves, "Thank you, dear sirs! If you'd like to read more.. wait a second..", she takes her backpack off and roots around in it a little. "Ah-ha!", she stands back up, holding about a dozen sheets of paper, bound in lots of three by string. "Here we go, "The Dwarven Bond!", One of my first short stories, written in dwarvish, too.", She hands out one to each of them, "No charge, of course, your company has been more than enough!"

She looks over at the empty table, then back to the metalsmiths, "Oh, Are they regulars here? I didn't see many dwarves at the festival, unfortunately, Maybe they're at home?"
She bends down to put her backpack back on. "Maybe you'll want to send someone to check in on them, I mean, None of the dwarves I know willingly avoid a good time and a drink in a wonderful pub like this one!"

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2011, 05:46:38 PM »

Dog: Streetwise 15 + 5 = 20. As the afternoon turns to evening, a fist fight breaks out but is soon handled by the town guard. A drum procession later marches through the city.

You overhear an old, grey-haired dwarf saying that, "Ovrak would never approve of such a wonderful parade. He may be popular among our people in this city, but he's even more strict than the clerics of Derke Taarsen were in my day. He preaches some dangerous things from the ziggurat temple in the dwarven quarter."

Francisca: The dwarf says, "It is odd that they aren't here. They mainly kept to themselves, but they weren't the festival type. Very religious, especially Urkas Berg. He went to the temple of Derke Taarsen a couple of times a week. We joked that he should quit blacksmithing and become a cleric instead."

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2011, 05:57:31 PM »

Hell, let's play it out.

Briar orders some of the same soup as Pitahama, but also a turkey leg and a loaf of black bread.

"Here," she breaks the loaf in twain and gives half to Pitahama. "Hope you're hungry."

"You seem like you know a lot," Briar mentions as they sup, struggling to stay diplomatic by not talking with a mouthful or saying anything uncouth. "Been traveling lots?"

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »

"Thou art most kind," said Pitamaha, taking the bread. "I have been wandering the wide world for the last several years in search of wisdom, and have seen much in a short time. I did travel often in my youth, but not widely, only within my motherland, a great distance away from here. However, my dear, I surmise that thou too hast strayed far from thy home and people."

[JD: can we get an atlas or something]
...but is it art?

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2011, 06:47:44 PM »

"Hm, he was a devout follower? Where is this temple? I'd love to learn more about the dwarven gods, every little bit of information helps with the accuracy of my books!"

She looks around, wondering where vivi vanished to, not wanting to get too seperated from everyone else.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2011, 07:36:42 PM »

"Thou art most kind," said Pitamaha, taking the bread. "I have been wandering the wide world for the last several years in search of wisdom, and have seen much in a short time. I did travel often in my youth, but not widely, only within my motherland, a great distance away from here. However, my dear, I surmise that thou too hast strayed far from thy home and people."

[JD: can we get an atlas or something]

"Uh, yes," Briar nods. "That sounds real amazing! Me, I've been with the Black Claws since I was a pup. My family left me with 'em, without even my name. Dunno why."

She fidgets with the turkey bone. "Did you ever meet any orcish clans," she asks in a low voice. "Y'know, while you were traveling?"

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2011, 08:14:40 PM »

"Uh, yes," Briar nods. "That sounds real amazing! Me, I've been with the Black Claws since I was a pup. My family left me with 'em, without even my name. Dunno why."

She fidgets with the turkey bone. "Did you ever meet any orcish clans," she asks in a low voice. "Y'know, while you were traveling?"
"In fact, I received my Vrinda from an orc's caravan not four years ago," said Pitamaha. "My, ah, 'faithful steed,' yes? She hath since been my constant companion in my journeys." He took a long sip from his soup. "What was that gentleman's name? Gortwog? Gorman? It escapeth me. He was most generous, but he too was far from his home, and I have not yet had occasion to venture into orc lands." He took another sip, finishing the bowl. "Perhaps this is the work of Destiny, for now that we have met, I have two mysteries, not one, to seek when at last I depart for those regions. -- Or three, if I cannot remember the name of that kind merchant."
...but is it art?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2011, 08:15:53 PM »

Vivi washes her hands.. smells them.. stuffs them into the minty pockets and gropes the foliage for a while, then skips out, back to the bar to try and order a bottle of something strong for up to 5 golds or so.

"Hey, barkeeper-grandpa! I want a bottle of something like humie brandy, but nice and Dwarven so I can start growing a beard! I'll shave it after a month and keep the wisdom!"

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2011, 08:44:06 PM »

Francisca: The temple is in the dwarven quarter of the city. It's a ziggurat shape built from dark stone, and most of the temple is actually underground.

Vivi: The barkeep begrudgingly offers you a very old, very strong bottle of dwarven brandy for five gold. It smells like moss.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2011, 09:53:06 PM »

I BUY IT.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2011, 10:05:06 PM »

[FIVE GOLD!? JESUS!! THAT SHIT HAD BETTER CURE LONELINESS, DRAGONS AND CANCER!!]

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2011, 10:16:46 PM »

(It's Dwarven, I bet a tablespoon knocks me out for the rest of the day.)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2011, 01:36:38 AM »

Francisca thanks the dwarves again, reminding them that if they like the short stories she gave them, they should look out for her books in the future. Then wanders over to the table where her gang is sitting, Noticing vivi on the way back, "Hello, minty vivi! What's that you've got there?"

She continues to the table, plopping her backpack on the floor beside her with a thump, she sits down and leans forwards, "Hello, ladies and gentlemen! I come bearing information." upon seeing the food, her stomach growls loudly, "Ahh.. but first..", she gets up and goes to the bar quickly again to order a basic meal, then returns. "So.."

She leans forwards, talking a little quieter, "Seems like these dwarves were strong followers of Derke taarsen, they haven't been seen around here for a while, so I believe the temple should be the place we should ask around at next.", she leans back again and looks around, taking in the atmosphere of the pub.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2011, 01:49:53 AM »

Dog checks the time and then heads to the ziggurat mentioned to check it out.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2011, 01:52:00 AM »

Vivi sits next to Franny and opens her bottle, taking several moments too many to sniff into and savor it. She giggles stupidly every so often.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2011, 02:02:00 AM »

Francisca's dinner arrives, so she quickly scarfs it down, not having eaten for a long time. She catches a whiff of vivi's drink, "Wow.. are you alright, Miss Vivi?"

She eats quickly, not wanting to waste too much time, but realised that she couldn't remember the last time she ate. Or slept. She tends to forget little things like that.

She pushes her plate away and stretches, "Shall we go continue our mission, team?" Putting her backpack back on, she waits around to see what the rest of the party has to say.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2011, 02:51:52 AM »

Vivi pours a very small amount of the brandy into her empty water-skin, then closes it and nods at Franny. "I'm wonderful." She then grabs Franny's plate and gives it a thorough going over for crumbs and the like.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2011, 03:18:41 AM »

Ampersand, having finished the food, moves out of from the bar past the table with his companions for this quest. "I'm going straight to where the sword is, so I'll be missing the rendezvous. Catch up when the rest of you can." Not even fully stopping to speak, he makes his way through the crowd and out back towards the temple.

Once there he focuses heavily on any guards or traps, though not expecting any, as he actually descends inside. Trying to avoid contact with any priests for an easier time sneaking into less public sections.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 101