Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101]

Author Topic: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)  (Read 85981 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)
« Reply #2000 on: May 10, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »

(Yo chief how about we assume we killed the drones and you roll the credits.)

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: May 12, 2013, 04:02:54 AM »

(Sorry guys, been unexpectedly busy lately. All in favour of skipping to the end of the fight?)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: May 12, 2013, 05:39:57 AM »

(Aye)

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: May 12, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »

He tugs helplessly at the lance pinning him to the floor. "Why're... we even... fightin' anyway? Yer boss... is dead... 'n gone..."

Tried to do it in-character, even.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: May 12, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »

Ampersand wants this tower for himself, and is prepared to ditch out and learn how to control the modrons to make that happen.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: May 12, 2013, 12:53:01 PM »

The gold tridrone collapses under your combined assault, but not before seriously wounding several of you. The silver tridrone immediately stops spinning and drops its spears.

"Re-assessing risk versus benefit... We surrender."

A stout dwarf in a black cloak runs into the chamber and calls down from the balcony.

"I don't know what you did but the machine army just stopped... By Taarsen's beard! Is that a giant block of solid amethyst?"

Cogs waddles over to poke the tridrone. "So we can still sit in these chairs and become gods, right? Cogs equals gods!"

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: May 13, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »

Francisca slumps down onto the floor, panting, exhausted from the latest battle. "By rothdar, that was close.."

She looks up at the crystal "You in there, grandpa?"

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: May 14, 2013, 04:59:38 AM »

The crystal silently pulses with light.

Cogs idly tries to repair the remaining monodrone.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: May 14, 2013, 05:25:53 AM »

Ampsersand shrugs and looks around at everyone "sooooo..."

Before finishing the thought, nevermind waiting for a response, he tosses his hands up and wanders over the investigate cog's chore.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: May 14, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »

Cogs attaches a new arm onto the monodrone upside-down, but it sort of works. The two hurry off together to start stripping the broken modrons down for parts, as if by some modron instinct.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: May 15, 2013, 12:21:21 AM »

Kazrac forces himself to his feet and hobbles over using a spear as a crutch.

"Francisca, Briar, Gus, Ampersand, Vivi, grandfather Pitamaha... It has been an honour battling with you. I have seen greater bravery this night than in ten years among my own people. I see now why the old chieftain left to explore the world. Perhaps when my wounds are healed I shall follow in his footsteps."

He lifts off a wolf pelt from his shoulders and places it on Briar.

"I can think of no orc better to lead my tribe. This pelt will mark you as my successor. The Urk-Ril is yours... if you have the courage to claim it from whichever cowardly underling of mine has stolen it in the meantime."

"Francisca... I see now that you are no mere woman, but a warrior. I cannot follow you on your journey, and I cannot ask you to follow me on my travels. As you humans say, I bid you farewell."

"And little Vivi," says Kazrac, towering over the small tiefling. He spits out a broken tooth and hands it to her. "My people believe that there are powerful spirits in the relics of brave men. Maybe you will find some magic in this."

~~~

When you return to the world outside, it seems that a great deal of time has passed. Much has changed. The orc encampment has gone, leaving only a rotted wooden palisade and the old stone house, almost exactly as you left it. Where the orc settlement stood there is now a field of tall grass.

Travellers on the road are surprised that you haven't heard of recent events, but they humour your questions anyway. It turns out that five years have passed since you entered the white tower, and a great deal has happened in that time. King Taren never returned, leading to a brief civil war in which orc tribes captured significant amounts of of Catharsus territory. The conflict ended with the election of a new ruler: Taren II, the first druid king of Rynwold.

The letter Pitamaha left is written in Common.

To whom it may concern:

The reader of this letter I presume findeth me deceased. This I have prepared against the contingency that my long-deferred end nevertheless finds me ere I see my task completed. Thee I entrust with the knowledge I have borne.

This world I have for some years wandered on a holy mission which I have to none divulged, save the honourable Father Ptolemy of the High Temple of Amethyst. I owe to him much, and am gratified to name him my friend. Enclosed thou shalt find a letter, in accordance of which, delivering thou it unto him, he shall show thee a text that I composed in secret. In this volume find thou recorded the sole and fragmentary record of my former life. It is a wondrous and terrible tale, and to the resolution of its great age-spanning Mystery my life and soul hath been utterly dedicated, in alliance with Mighty Amethyst.

To the younger children of this world, I offer the wisdom by which I have ever lived: Let thy first, last, and every thought be with thy Gods, for thou wert created to fulfill Their hopes.

Signed, in the name of One whose Name hath been lost,
The Gods' servant and thine,
Mandavya "Pitamaha"

P.S. If my faithful camel Vrinda hath had the good fortune to survive me, I pray that thou keepest her kindly.

Your excursion into the tower was also quite profitable. Cogs managed to strip gold and platinum from the tridrones, to the value of 5,000 gold pieces. Cogs ties a spare sword to his belt and leaves, saying something about being inspired to become an adventurer. The remaining modrones march off and return through their portal to whichever plane those machines call home.

The dwarves settle for whatever spoils they can loot from the dungeon before leaving for home, and their priest places a powerful ward on the doors to the underground facility so that nobody shall enter again. The dwarves pledge to protect this place from intruders for as many generations as needs be, and their priest urges you to protect the pages of the Pantheon that you possess, as they are a powerful artifact.

Inside the amethyst cube, Pitamaha's spirit medidates peacefully and patiently awaits the end of time.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 15, 2013, 12:25:36 AM »

THE END

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 15, 2013, 02:23:17 AM »

What? Ampersand's new robot army can't just leave! That's not fair!

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 25, 2013, 11:16:20 AM »

This concludes the campaign, at least for now.

We managed to run for a year and a half and hit level 5. I'm taking this opportunity to wrap up the campaign, although I might continue with a new chapter at some point in the future if there's sufficient interest.

I don't know what system we might use in future - I'll probably cancel my D&D Insider subscription 4e when it expires in October, and there are a lot of new systems (D&D Next, Numenera) and several classic systems I like (D20/E6, OD&D, Iron Heroes). We might play with the same characters, or perhaps their descendants or followers.

If someone else feels like using the setting in the meantime, or running a game of their own, feel free. I never actually had much more of the world fleshed out than appeared in the game, aside from a few place names. If you want to ask about any hanging plot threads or anything I left unexplained, I'll let you in on the answer.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 25, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »

Thanks, JD. I enjoyed playing, and I'd like to play again with all of you in the future.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 26, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »

I enjoyed playing too, I didn't even realise it went for a year and a half, doesn't seem like it was that long.

I'm not too sure about the format, I like that it helps to avoid timezone problems, but it feels less exciting than when we're all there playing at the same time.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101]