Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 14589 times)

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »

It's from using hotkeys with the favorites menu, there's no hotkey for the left hand, so you can cycle through you items and spells with hotkeys but whatever got equipped on the left remains until you manually change it.

It would be better if hotkeys could be assigned to specific pairs of either spells or weapons.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2011, 10:20:01 PM »

This game hates left handers! FUCK THIS GAME D:

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2011, 10:40:51 PM »

Look at all you PC people with your PC problems.

Seriously, though, that would suck as I'm playing a pure mage.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »

Skyrim: The Ballad of Todd Howard

oh thank GOD this hasn't been posted

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2011, 11:49:51 PM »

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2011, 05:13:55 AM »

Giants launching bears in to the stratosphere is the best thing ever and I hope they never patch it out.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2011, 11:51:22 AM »

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2011, 12:16:30 PM »

Reminds me of Icarian Flight.  Fortify Acrobatics by 1000.  For a shorter length of time than it would take to go up and come down from such a super-jump.  But hey.  You can clear most of the Vvardenfell island with that jump.

Flight of death!

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2011, 02:50:02 PM »

On the plus side, you get a couple scrolls of it, so you can use it as an "o shit" escape if you cast it again right before the moment of impact.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »

Does Skyrim come with TES Construction kit like Oblivion and Morrowind? Or is that something for later?

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2011, 02:55:07 PM »

Bethesda says they'll be putting it out later on, like they did for Oblivion.

In other, spoiler related news for those who have gotten to Sky Haven Temple in the Main Questline:

[spoiler]EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  THEY GOT SUIKODEN IN MY ELDER SCROLLS!  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!![/spoiler]

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »

Reminds me of Icarian Flight.  Fortify Acrobatics by 1000.  For a shorter length of time than it would take to go up and come down from such a super-jump.  But hey.  You can clear most of the Vvardenfell island with that jump.

Flight of death!

I used those scrolls as a baseline to enchant an Ebony Staff with a ton of +Jump and +Acrobatics lasting two seconds, then had a ring with 1 point of Slow Fall on it to negate falling damage.  I called that staff my Pogo Stick, and I could cross Vvardenfell in like five or six jumps.

You won't give me fast travel?  Fine.  I'll invent Fast Travel.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2011, 03:00:30 PM »

The spellcrafting in morrowind really gave it a lot of it's charm (and brokenness) That and the scale-able alchemy.

Mix potion of intelligence
drink it
Mix potion of intelligence (which is now better due to higher int)
drink it
etc

But it really gave the game this legitimate fantasy feel because you can use the magic in so many ways. It never occured to me to make a pogo stick like that, but now that you mention it that sounds like an amazing travel solution that an in-world Wizard in the game would probably come up with.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »

Fast travel is for casuals.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »

Does Skyrim come with TES Construction kit like Oblivion and Morrowind? Or is that something for later?
The Oblivion construction kit came out a few days after Oblivion proper.
...but is it art?

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2011, 03:45:32 PM »

The spellcrafting in morrowind really gave it a lot of it's charm (and brokenness) That and the scale-able alchemy.

Mix potion of intelligence
drink it
Mix potion of intelligence (which is now better due to higher int)
drink it
etc

But it really gave the game this legitimate fantasy feel because you can use the magic in so many ways. It never occured to me to make a pogo stick like that, but now that you mention it that sounds like an amazing travel solution that an in-world Wizard in the game would probably come up with.

Eh, it's a mixed bag.  It's nice to cook up fancy custom shit but it meant that 100% of quest rewards were trash, because my custom stuff was better and mixed together.  If I have a set of buffs on my pants and get reward pants that don't replicate those buffs, then I need to shift them to other things, which means a lot of fresh enchanting and a lot of harvesting Golden Saints and basically if I wanted to use a quest item it would mean I have to redo my entire loadout, which wouldn't be worth it even if quest items were better, which they weren't.  No sword the game could offer me was better than my sword that did area Absorb Health.  I could wade into a crowd of High Ordinators and slaughter the lot of them just by swinging, with that.

Minor customizability is nice, but I think such full-featured crafting makes the game less fun on balance.  Just because you can make five pieces of +20% Chameleon armor doesn't mean the game doesn't suck once you do.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »

stacking all chameleon was why oblivion sucked, because it offered just little enough freedom that there was basically one game-breaker.

You really need to go all-out for it to really be fun. Like I never even thought of using a brokenly enchanted weapon because I just used the alchemy trick Ziiro mentioned to give myself the magicka I needed for Dinosaur's Revenge, my argonian's town-destroying fireball spell.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »

taking away so much freedom is WHY skyrim is good, i think. it's actually a game now.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »

I don't give a crap about bucket abuse because the guards aren't magical ultra-psychics that can hear you in an empty house at 4 AM mid-sneak handling an apple and a vase.

So my khajit waifu is going to steal everything in the world and put it in her house. She uses arrows to kill bandits to steal their soup ingredients. This is the most logical course of action in a free world.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2011, 05:10:46 AM »

taking away so much freedom is WHY skyrim is good, i think. it's actually a game now.
that

oblivion obviously didn't want as much game-breaking freedom as morrowind but tried to hold on to some and you end up with the super OP chameleon enchants. morrowind had so much freedom that everything was equally broken and balanced, and skyrim isn't nearly as free, but still has a ton of balance, so everyone that plays it will have at least slightly different builds and play styles and not feel gimped or like a god.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18