Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 24956 times)

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2011, 02:43:22 PM »

Yeah, nothing he said is contradicting.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »

Sidenote: Does Grelod the Kind have to make so much noise when you kill her. That's super frustrating when I kept reloading to see if there was a quieter way to kill her. But there is not.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2011, 03:39:06 PM »

Sorry if I didn't explain it better earlier

Parsing human words is hard because sometimes there's more than one way to interpret them and I wanted to believe a different interpretation than your actual one.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2011, 04:07:13 PM »

You're so clever, Classic.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2011, 04:07:39 PM »

trying an altmer wizzard now. thunder hands: S++

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »

I really just would rather be able to respec than start over to try a mage.  Also, as I approach the level cap, the limits of that cap are beginning to terrify and discourage me.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2011, 04:15:23 PM »

There is no cap, strictly speaking.

However you will run out of points. You will not earn enough to fill out every tree. I'm going to do a test at home and console raise every skill to 100 and see what level I end up at. (In a way as if I had leveled it manually. Not setting/force advancing. "advskill onehanded 100" = Swinging 100 times.)

Interesting fact: There is no console command to straight up add perk points. You can enable/disable perks through the console (With crazy Hex codes) but not just give yourself points.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »

You can probably respec with console commands if you want to be that way.

I actually really like the perk system since it won't allow you be fucking awesome at everything.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2011, 04:18:02 PM »

You would have to manually remove all of your perks and manually re-add the new perks. Which must be done in a very specific order as to not disrupt how the percentages rise (Which has some hilarious fucking math, apparently.)

I have to study the engine more, but it seems they greatly changed the way things are done. It used to be in old TES games*, you could de-level and re-level. But I have yet to see a command that lets you de-level properly.

*Not only Morrowind and Oblivion, but also Fallout 3 and FO:NV

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2011, 04:43:21 PM »

i actually am glad this doesn't have re-speccing in a way? leveling is so organic that i don't feel like i'd ever need to unspend anything, or even want to.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2011, 04:45:14 PM »

You would have to manually remove all of your perks and manually re-add the new perks. Which must be done in a very specific order as to not disrupt how the percentages rise (Which has some hilarious fucking math, apparently.)

I have to study the engine more, but it seems they greatly changed the way things are done. It used to be in old TES games*, you could de-level and re-level. But I have yet to see a command that lets you de-level properly.

*Not only Morrowind and Oblivion, but also Fallout 3 and FO:NV
Really? Jail time doesn't knock points off of skills?

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2011, 05:00:08 PM »

it decreases the skill's progress to the next point but it can't take off points.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »

So I was out exploring new points and OH NO ELDER DRAGON ATTACK. I'm level 40 so I get to deal with really tough assholes now, but that's what happens when you are wearing dragonscale and carrying an ebony bow(faultless). So I use some good potions and whittle the fucker down to 45% health, right before his wings should clip and he FLIES AWAY. So I'm sprinting after him and screaming as his mini map dot begins to fade because I hate wasting potions for no kill. I swear I will track him down at his fucking Dragon Skull and ruin him. He completely leaves the screen and the mini-map and the boss music fades.

But I've followed him far enough to discover a new spot, a big ass Forsworn camp, and I hit ctrl to begin the delicious process of removing all of their throats. That's when some music kicks in and I hear something breathing and there's a big black shape directly above me in my field of vision.

The dragon had flown back soundlessly and landed directly behind me, actually looming over me.

And after stabbing him a thousand times for the finish, our fight alerted the entire Forsworn camp to my presence so I had to fight 6 medium-to-hard toughness assholes and a few mooks at the same time while screaming about fucking dragons.

i am the dragonborn, savior of skyrim.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2011, 05:44:55 AM »

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »

What advantages are there for light armor over heavy armor in the long term? I understand that the heavy armor makes you move slower and gives steeper penalties to your Sneak, but that's only until such a time as you pick up the "weighs nothing, does not diminish speed" perks. Once those are in play, what does light do better than heavy?
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Misha

• Pro-Choice
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »

The top level perks for each armor seem relatively equivalent, I think the biggest reason to choose heavy over light for me is the heavy gauntlets perk because I love punching shit to death.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2011, 08:37:31 PM »

i think in essence it's just +50% stamina recovery and "your life isn't shitty until you get 70 points of skills"

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2011, 09:02:18 PM »

In Oblivion the main reason to pick heavy over light was because heavy armor was like twice as durable while still being equal in all other ways to light armor. Is that still in play in Skyrim?
The captain of the gravy train!

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2011, 09:07:54 PM »

Not to mention it's, y'know, heavier.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »

also you can use classy dragon scale or glass instead of looking like sephiroth_dark_xKaTaNax with daedric armor

In Oblivion the main reason to pick heavy over light was because heavy armor was like twice as durable while still being equal in all other ways to light armor. Is that still in play in Skyrim?

no durability on anything, thank the nine eight nine

Not to mention it's, y'know, heavier.

both trees have perks that make their respective armor class (shields included) weightless while worn. light armor's is much earlier, i think? hence your life will suck less overall as a light armor user.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18