Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Oedipus Wolf  (Read 8352 times)

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Oedipus Wolf
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2012, 06:12:58 AM »

Wait wait wait.
Look, Kazz can scry me again. If Kazz is unwilling to make wolves, wolves can't win. So keep me alive, Kazz scries me, innocents win, and all we lost was Guild. And losing Guild is like it's own victory anyway.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2012, 07:09:26 AM »

Vote count:

Lottel - 3 (Kazz, NexAdruin, Envy)
Kazz - 1 (Aerdan)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2012, 07:10:26 AM »

Lottel, you've been tainted by my black magicks.  You're not to be trusted anymore.  I really am sorry.  Unless someone comes forward who knows how to turn wolves back into humans, you have to die.

Aerdan, you gotta believe me, there's a way to get out of this without further bloodshed.  I am not gonna make more wolves.  I have several ideas to prevent it happening again.

Even if my victory condition is tied to the wolves, it doesn't matter, because I don't know my victory condition.  In fact, if you hadn't come forward and said that I'm neither human nor wolf, I would have probably kept on happily making and lynching wolves until we lost.  It made me stop and think about what's going on.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2012, 07:21:31 AM »

In any other game I'd be down with stringing up Kazz, but with Caithness, man, fool me once, etc etc. There's something to this.

Lottel. I think until I see the trick, it's best to lynch wolves.

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2012, 07:25:27 AM »

Something weird is going on and I'm not voting until we have some semblance of understanding. However, I am going to ask that everyone take a second look at their role pm and see if their victory condition is actually listed. You don't have to say out loud, but if you want to go ahead.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2012, 09:49:05 AM »

I'd like to request everybody (who hasn't already) to PM me with their role's name and power... I have kind of stretched your trust out a lot, so, don't feel that you have to.  I'll feel a lot worse about a receiving a lie than receiving nothing, so if you don't want to tell me, don't send me anything.  I'd like to solve this puzzle just as much as all of you.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2012, 05:10:06 PM »

Since posting that message, I have received the following number of claims: zero.

c'est la vie

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »

Where is that fullmooninu? what is that dude hiding?

fullmooninu

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • fullmooninu's website
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2012, 02:38:28 AM »

Kayma
~ this is not fullmooninu's signature http://fullmooninu.blogspot.com ~

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2012, 03:08:20 AM »

This guy is a maverick.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2012, 04:04:44 PM »

Can we just lynch lottel and get this over with

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2012, 09:48:07 PM »

yes

Nickasummers

• Beep
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2012, 12:27:18 PM »

I dont see this going anywhere. As much as I hate doing things for the sake of moving the game along, nothing is happening.

Lottel

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »

The gridlock is resolved, and Lottel is lynched. He was the Prophet, and he was a wolf.

It is now Night 2. Please send me your night actions as soon as possible.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »

Game Over. Humans Win.

Kazz was killed in the night.

Condolences to Guild and Lottel.

Kazz, welcome to Oedipus Wolf. You are the Oracle. You choose one person to scry each night, and their role, powers, and alignment are all revealed to you. You must use your scry every night. The game will begin after you get the results of your Night 0 scry. The game has probably started already.
What I didn't tell him was that his scry turned the target into a wolf, and that he needed to die in order for his team to win. If he had scried himself he would have found this out.

NexAdruin, welcome to Oedipus Wolf. You are the Seer. You choose one person to scry each night, and their alignment (human or wolf) is revealed. You have the option of not using your power.

Aerdan, welcome to Oedipus Wolf. You are the Seer. You choose one person to scry each night, and their alignment (human or wolf) is revealed. You have the option of not using your power.
Aerdan was actually the Fool, and would have been told the opposite alignment for anyone he scried, but he only ever scried the Oracle. Since the Oracle can't be turned, he's neither human nor wolf. But since Aerdan was the Fool, I told him the wrong win condition for Kazz.

Lottel, welcome to Oedipus Wolf. You are the Prophet. You choose one person to scry each night, and their role is revealed. Just the name, though, not what their powers are, or their alignment (human or wolf). You have the option of not using your power.
He was turned into a wolf by Kazz's scry on night 1.

Nickasummers, welcome to Oedipus Wolf. You are the Soothsayer. You choose one person to scry each night, and their powers are revealed. You don't see the name of their role or their alignment (human or wolf), though. You have the option of not using your power.

fullmooninu, welcome to Oedipus Wolf. You are the Vigilante. Once in the game, you may choose someone to kill at night. Choose wisely.
He chose very wisely, taking out the Oracle on night 2.

Envy, welcome to Oedipus Wolf. You are the Turner. Once in the game, you may choose someone to turn into a wolf. Your target does not find out who the other wolves are. You may use your power on yourself.
This was a buff for the wolves, to counter the fact that the Oracle knew who all of them were. It never came into play, though, because Envy tried to turn Kazz both nights. I'm not sure why he thought that would work, or why he even wanted to do it in the first place.

Kayma, welcome to Oedipus Wolf. You are the Baner. Each night you choose one person to protect from being killed and from being turned. You have the option of not using your power. You may use your power on yourself.
The thought had actually not occurred to me that the Oracle and the Baner would team up to prevent the Oracles scries from turning, but that's what Kayma and Kazz planned to do on night 2. It would have been very interesting to see how that played out, I think.

GuildensternII, welcome to Oedipus Wolf. You are the Shaman. Each night you choose one person and prevent them from killing anyone and from turning anyone. You have the option of not using your power.
Guild was turned into a wolf by Kazz's scry on night 0. I'm not sure whether to feel relieved or disappointed that he never showed up for this game.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »

Thanks for playing, everyone! It wasn't quite as much of a success as Backwards Wolf was, but I still think it ended up being interesting to watch.

I'm not at all unsatisfied with the way Kazz figured out what was going on, even though it was partially due to my own sloppiness in handing out scry results on the first night. I was kind of disappointed when not even the Fool realized the real rules in my first game, so I made a lot more opportunities for that to happen this time.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2012, 08:17:17 PM »

Huh.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »

Expecting a few more layers, were you?

Edit: oh yeah, I forgot the message that I sent to Guild and Lottel when they were turned:

The Oracle has scried you, and through the power of self-fulfilling prophecy, he has thereby turned you into a wolf. He doesn't know that his scries do this.

It might be in your interest to find out who the oracle is and kill him, because he knows who all the wolves are. But it might not be, because he's the only one who can add numbers to your team. The Oracle wins with the humans, and they can't win until he is dead.

Now that you're a wolf, you get one kill per night in addition to your existing powers. When the Oracle turns someone else into a wolf, you'll be introduced to each other. If you live that long.

The game was named Oedipus Wolf because the theme was self-fulfilling prophecy.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2012, 08:46:34 PM »

Shrug.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2012, 08:51:02 PM »

I like the concept.  I think there should probably be some sort of fallback plan for if the Oracle is railroaded on day or night one.

Also, I'm glad the fool wasn't some crazy devil thing. In the last game, I strongly disliked the formula "This player was told he was x, but was really y, but appears as z". I might have figured it out if that shit were binary.

Good times, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6