Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Your Resistance Only Makes My Werewolf Harder  (Read 9326 times)

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Your Resistance Only Makes My Werewolf Harder
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 08:15:39 PM »

Nobody jacks up my dogs, not while I'm around to protect our gnarly resistance!  Totally PASS!

Spies, if you're among those being sent, PM me with either Pass or Sabotage.

... I'm sure I'm reading too much into that.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »

I noticed it too.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 11:14:34 PM »

mondo semantics brah

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »

DNi returns to base.

"We headed out for the transport," he says.

Niku is right behind him.

"I got a good feeling!" he exclaims, smiling.

Misha closes the door behind him.

"Looks like this one was a success!"

MISSION: COMPLETE

The FIDO agents are waiting for their next assignment.

"I fixed the viewscreen," says Kazz. "We should be able to see who's calling us now."

Just as the words escape his lips, the giant TV flicks on.

:THATWAY:THIS IS THE BYDO EMPIRE BROADCASTING ON ALL CHANNELS. BAHAHAHAHA. SO YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE GROUP MANAGED TO DISABLE A SINGLE BYDO TRANSPORT BOUND FOR AN UNIMPORTANT PATHETIC BACKWATER PLANET. HOW PATHETIC. IF THIS IS THE BEST YOUR PATHETICALLY PATHETIC LITTLE PATHETIC GROUP CAN DO, I SUGGEST YOU CRAWL BACK TO YOUR PATHETIC HOMEWORLDS RIGHT NOW BEFORE THE BYDO EMPIRE FINDS YOU AND ADDS YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. ACTUALLY NEVERMIND, YOU ARE DISTINCTIVE ONLY IN THAT WE HAVE NEVER BEFORE ENCOUNTERED A RACE OF BEINGS SO PATHETIC. THE BYDO EMPIRE HAS NO DESIRE TO POLLUTE ITS GENETIC PERFECTION WITH YOUR PATHETIC DNA. WHEN WE FIND YOU, AND WE WILL FIND YOU (BECAUSE YOU ARE PATHETIC) WE WILL SIMPLY ATOMIZE YOUR PATHETIC LIFE FORMS TO ATOMS. END TRANSMISSION.

As the seven of you ponder the message, the viewscreen lights up once again:

:advice:FIDO agents! Come in! Come in! Intelligence reports that a major shipment of Patheticulm is being transported from an assimilated mining colony to the BYDO homeworld. Intelligence suggests that if we are able to destroy the shipment it will cease all BYDO production of new fightercraft for a period of three months. Our best simulations showed that an exact number of four agents would be properly suited to undertaking this dangerous mission. Good luck, Agents! HQ out.

Kazz, you're up for electing a team.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 12:01:39 AM »

Listen up, homies!  We gotta let Disposable, Niku, and Misha grab a mucho siesta while the rest of us mess up that grody transport!

So it's gonna be yours truly, Beat Bandit, Caithness, and NexAdruin rocking to the max on this one!  Kick the tires and light the fires, cause I feel the need for speed!

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 12:04:14 AM »

Which is why I suggest for tomorrow's game Beat Bandit, Caithness, Kazz and NexAdruin be sent. That way we can pretty well determine where a spy must. Furthermore, if I managed to pick both spies, then they'll HAVE to force today's mission to fail.

This sounds like a good plan to me.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 12:04:49 AM »

oh, that was just posted. yep. send

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 02:12:18 AM »

Yeah Send.

Here's hoping there aren't any gaping holes in my plan.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 08:04:32 AM »

Send. Only problem I can see is that if the second mission succeeds, we're back to guessing arbitrarily. But then, we'd only need one more successful mission at that point.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 08:56:01 AM »

Sending this one
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »

god damnit there's never anything left to agree with by the time I get here

Misha

• Pro-Choice
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 10:25:15 AM »

then you can always ABORT with no consequences!

Anyway this is a good reason to switch to simultaneous vote. Everyone gets to participate, and it also lets you get more information, as people who were going to vote differently from the majority in the end can just vote along with them because it doesn't matter.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 10:34:51 AM »

Anyway this is a good reason to switch to simultaneous vote.

Hmm, you're right.

OK, I'll go with SEND this time, but from now on, everyone is gonna have to send me a vote by PM, and then I reveal all the votes. (Including who voted what.)

Anyway, the amazing super agents Kazz, Beat Bandit, Caithness, and NexAdruin are dispatched to undertake the dangerous mission of blowing up the ore shipment.

Spies, if you're going on the mission, now's the time to PM me Pass or Sabotage.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:50 AM »

Niku is tinkering around with the viewscreen.

"Hey guys I think I increased the resolution," he says.

Suddenly, a very harried looking group of Kazz, Beat Bandit, Caithness, and NexAdruin bursts into the room.

"The mission was not a success!" says Kazz, wild eyed.

MISSION: FAILURE

"There must have been a spy that went with us," Kazz says.

"Where were you when we took the bridge, Kazz?" says Beat Bandit.

"For that matter, where were YOU when Kazz was in engineering?" Caithness retorts.

"Bark bark bark! Bark bark bark! I am good at holding things in my mouth!" says Nex.

Your bickering is interrupted by the newly enhanced viewscreen flicking to life.

THIS IS THE BYDO EMPIRE BROADCASTING ON ALL CHANNELS. BAHAHAHAHA. YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO SABOTAGE OUR MINERAL TRANSPORT WAS PATHETIC. YOU MIGHT AS WELL CURL UP IN A PATHETIC LITTLE BALL IN THE CORNER AND -- what? Hello? Yes. Yes it's me. Listen, Carl, I'm right in the middle of -- No. No. No. Uh huh. Yeah. I don't know, just get me anything. Well what is he having? Yeah, that's fine. Uh. I don't know. A cherry coke. I'm not even gonna eat it. OK. Yeah. Bye. Uh huh. Yeah. Oh, shit, is this thing still on? I GOTTA GO. TALK TO YOU LATER. ... Love you too. AHEM. AS I WAS SAYING, YOU ARE PATHETIC. OUR VICTORY OVER FIDO IS INEVITABLE. END TRANSMISSION.

Not moments after the viewscreen dies, another image appears:

This is FIDO HQ! Come in FIDO Agents! Hello! Your failure to destroy the mineral transport is unfortunate, but the fight must go on. We've just received word that -- Hello? Carl? No, listen, I'm right in the middle of -- I don't know, what is he having? Cherry coke!? That's what I order -- Whatever. Just make sure to bring the Karaoke machine. Right. No, I can't. Why? Because I'm trapped in this fort, what do you mean? OK, listen I'll call you back. OK bye. Ahem. Agents! We've just received word that the BYDO Empire is building a Megalaser Superweapon on the outskirts of our space. It would be utterly devastating to our forces if such a weapon was brought online. We have a small window to act. Intelligence suggests a group of four of you would be the perfect number to bring down this weapon from the inside. Good luck, FIDO agents! HQ out.

Dreth, it's your turn to elect a team. All future votes for SEND/ABORT will be sent to me by PM.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 12:13:55 PM »

Things we've established: our superiors appear to be in league with our enemies. That... might warrant later scrutiny.

Also: we've established that Cait, Beat, Nex or Kazz is definitely a spy. Or spies.

Also also: Kazz used treacherous spy lingo when he voted for my team.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 01:51:59 PM »

Things we've established: our superiors appear to be in league with our enemies. That... might warrant later scrutiny.

This sounds an awful lot like heresy to me, spy.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 02:01:38 PM »

I would personally like to leave Kazz out of future missions for the time being.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 04:57:13 PM »

Our next mission should ideally have 2 people who went on the first one and 2 who went on the second.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »

Only thought going through my head right now:

If Kazz is the spy, the other spy wasn't in yesterday's group. There's no reason he would risk a 50% chance of us randomly assuming a spy correctly if his other option is giving us three wrong answers to choose from.

How that actually plays in to who should go today I have no idea though.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »

If Kazz is the spy, the other spy wasn't in yesterday's group. There's no reason he would risk a 50% chance of us randomly assuming a spy correctly if his other option is giving us three wrong answers to choose from.

Well, except there was my whole strategy which involved dividing us up into two neat little groups so as to help determine which of us is filthy BYDO teat-suckling test tube spy scum, and going against it would've made him look bad. Well, worse.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8