Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: The Last Airbender [Legend of Korra SPOILERS]  (Read 27639 times)

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Airbender
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »

[spoiler]The new Iroh comes to town and fails to actually help in anyway, in a fit of rage, Zuko burns his face because that's how they do it in his family. Iroh becomes angry at fire benders so much so that he begins to hate all bender. The baby is super spiritual and learns how to block bending permanently.  IT IS ALSO A TIME BENDER. It bends time, sending Iroh back. Iroh becomes Amon and defeats the past/future him so the timeline is stable.

[/spoiler]

(I fully expect to see crazy theories like that somewhere on the internet during this Korra break.)

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »

My favorite theory is that Amon is Tarrlok's car.
...but is it art?

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2012, 07:23:45 PM »

Amon is Pabu.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2012, 10:06:26 PM »

[spoiler]We might witness a firebender who's as far above Mako as Lin was above Bolin.[/spoiler]

That'd be impressive since [spoiler]we just saw Mako redirect electricity.

But then again we've also seen every goon cop metalbend like it was nothing, so I guess powers have well and truly creeped here.

I want Iroh to turn out not to be related to Zuko at all, just a guy named after a famous general who sounds like he's still going through puberty.[/spoiler]

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2012, 03:13:44 PM »

Interview with Bryan and Mike on the finale (contains spoilers for the latest episode)

So [spoiler]Iroh is Zuko's grandson[/spoiler].

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »

So [spoiler]Iroh is Zuko's grandson[/spoiler].
I wasn't aware that was in doubt. He's [spoiler]obviously too young to be his son[/spoiler].
...but is it art?

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2012, 03:45:54 PM »

Are you questioning old man Zuko's virility?

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »

If it wasn't for the voice you could make the argument he might be around Tenzin's age but young-looking. But the voice pegs him as third-generation and old looking.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2012, 06:09:43 PM »

Hmm. I'm starting to get annoyed with spoiler tags and quoting them. I don't think people here are reading this thread before they watch the eps anyway, so I'm just going to SPOILER the thread title, and we can dispense with the black bars.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Airbender [Legend of Korra SPOILERS]
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2012, 06:11:30 PM »

SO HEY GUYS WHATS UP WITH THAT THING WHERE AMON WAS TOTALLY IROH BACK FROM THE DEAD

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »

Hmm. I'm starting to get annoyed with spoiler tags and quoting them. I don't think people here are reading this thread before they watch the eps anyway, so I'm just going to SPOILER the thread title, and we can dispense with the black bars.

My hero!

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »

Thank you, Friday. It feels like taking off a corset.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »

Toph I'm 40 stop making fun of meeeeeeeee

stooooop itttttt

I'm telling Katara

upthorn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »

We might witness a firebender who's as far above Mako as Lin was above Bolin.

That'd be impressive since we just saw Mako redirect electricity.

But then again we've also seen every goon cop metalbend like it was nothing, so I guess powers have well and truly creeped here.
This is the power of public education.
But there's still a huge difference of level between someone who can learn a technique and someone who can invent it. Compare: Isaac Newton vs modern engineers. Though, of course, there's nothing but Iroh's lineage to suggest that this will be the case here.
signature

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2012, 07:53:29 AM »

Well, now what am I gonna do to pass time until the second season? These last few episodes have introduced a ton of characters with plot hooks I want to see followed up on. [spoiler]Bumi deserved more than one line, Iroh is as badass as we expected in his own way (but his voice still doesn't match his face)[/spoiler], etc.

And I totally called that [spoiler]Korra would lose her bending but then get it back by contacting her past lives[/spoiler].

Plot hole: how did [spoiler]the Equalists capture Tenzin's family[/spoiler]? I guess this was explained in one of the episodes that we'd have seen if it weren't just 12 episodes.

Really loved the scene with [spoiler]Tarrlok's murder-suicide[/spoiler]. That was some heavy shit, especially for a show that makes a point of showing [spoiler]a parachute deploy every time a plane explodes[/spoiler].
...but is it art?

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2012, 10:34:40 AM »

The only gripe I have, other than the "and now everything is okay again" ending, is that the Equalist plotline doesn't seem resolved. Hopefully this picks up, because the writers were dropping a whole bunch of "Amon may be a monster, but the people still want equality" points throughout the series. Hell, I thought the series was going to go a different direction when that one woman yelled out "You're our avatar, too" a few episodes back. I just don't feel like the Equalist's points were addressed, just dismissed as coming from a madman. It's guilt by association, and I'd be surprised if the second season has everyone living peacefully together just because.

In all, though, it was a good season. It's biggest weakness is in the brevity of it. Maybe a few more episodes or stretching the Equalist plot out over the two seasons would have given every character a chance to breath and have an arc, and allowed them to flesh out the depths of the Equalist plot. And maybe give Bolin more props, since he got snubbed from being Korra's main beau. Bolin4life.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2012, 10:37:14 AM »

Well, now what am I gonna do to pass time until the second season? These last few episodes have introduced a ton of characters with plot hooks I want to see followed up on. [spoiler]Bumi deserved more than one line, Iroh is as badass as we expected in his own way (but his voice still doesn't match his face)[/spoiler], etc.
Word.

And I totally called that [spoiler]Korra would lose her bending but then get it back by contacting her past lives[/spoiler].

Yeah. I still wanna know how, exactly, the magic behind the loss and regain works, though.

Plot hole: how did [spoiler]the Equalists capture Tenzin's family[/spoiler]? I guess this was explained in one of the episodes that we'd have seen if it weren't just 12 episodes.

Not that huge a plot hole, but kind of stupid. Makes Lin's sacrifice much less cooler.

Really loved the scene with [spoiler]Tarrlok's murder-suicide[/spoiler]. That was some heavy shit, especially for a show that makes a point of showing [spoiler]a parachute deploy every time a plane explodes[/spoiler].

Freaking excellent. I love that they didn't leave that a loose end, and the way they tied it.

That said, I agree that some things just happened Too Damn Fast. I hope the equality struggle survives to the next season because, let's face it, Amon had a point.

And finally: man, Asami. That's rough buddy.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »

I don't get it.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2012, 11:36:41 AM »

There's some hate out there, but I don't get it. Unless it's for the whole romance subplot, which didn't grip me. There's just no chemistry there.

I'm anticipating that in Season 2, [spoiler]the Lieutenant will revive the Equalists, in a less well-supplied but also less hypocritical form. Now that she's got the "all four elements" thing down, she can get to focusing on the next part of the Avatar's duties, which is restoring and maintaining balance in the world. If nothing else, I can't imagine that they'd throw out the fight choreography potential of chi blocking and taser gloves that easily.[/spoiler] It presents an obstacle that'll make her characterization flow in a natural direction and resolve the big remaining loose end and fulfill the one issue that everybody was clamoring for as soon as the concept was introduced, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't go for it unless they've got some really dynamite alternative planned.
...but is it art?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16