Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: License to Go Plan Recreational Murders  (Read 23288 times)

Angry Beaver

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: License to Go Plan Recreational Murders
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 07:52:42 AM »

Actually living just a few scant miles from Sanford, and reading this in the paper every day, I will not be suprized if the entire city goes up in flames.

And nothing of value will be lost.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 08:39:39 AM »

I think Geraldo is suffering from the same problem his parents suffered from when his generation was running around with long hair and listening to the Beatles. He is too old and out of touch to understand youth culture and like most people he does not posess the necessary cynicism to believe that this could happen for no reason in America - so he blames what he does not understand, Hoodies, for the death of a child rather than a cold-blooded racist murderer who shot dead a child for committing the high crime of being black after dark.

(edit: I wonder how long it would take to find a pundit from the Lennon era attribute Lennon's death to having long hair?)

For the record: as someone who is vehemently against gun control, this case is everything that is wrong with stand your ground and then some. Someone gave a clearly unstable racist shitheel a gun and a neighborhood watch post. If we're not going to monitor who we are handing these fucking guns out to, we shouldn't have them at all.

Quote from: Doom
Considering all the accounts of police pressing witnesses to change their testimony and the infamous 911 tapes where Zimmerman follows the kid despite police correcting him not to and then Trayvon begging for help/his life before a second shot is fired, it's really hard to look at this case objectively

Also, someone cleaned up the audio of the 911 tapes and zimmerman is heard saying 'fucking coons' under his breath. This is pretty much the most cut and dry hate crime in years and the fact that this guy isn't rotting in prison right now is a serious miscarriage of justice.

If I was George Zimmerman, I would be begging the police to let me stay in a cell. He's probably waking up every morning to slashed tires and busted windows. When Samuel L Jackson is referencing you by name in a PSA you've officially become overexposed.

What PSA is that? I did find this (which is quite good):

Samuel L. Jackson's Stop Gun Violence PSA

But while he's obviously referencing Zimmerman, he does not actually say his name. Is there another where he does?

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 08:48:47 AM »

It's possible I misheard it, or it's possible it was already edited, but that was definately it. it was early, so I probably just misheard it.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »

The kid committed the crime of being too black near a white dude with a gun.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »

Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 05:26:37 PM »

Hispanic people can't be racist. Racism is a purely white disease.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 10:37:18 PM »

That PSA was posted to youtube in 2011, so I don't think it's referencing Zimmerman. It does sort of fit, though.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 06:30:59 AM »

Didn't the original shooting happen some time ago? I thought we were months into this thing but it only now exploded in the news (like there was a window for the locals to deal with it, and when they didn't, shit hit the fan)?

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 07:14:13 AM »

That window was one month, apparently.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 07:15:04 AM »

The shooting happened on Feb 26th according to the article Thad posted.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »

Here's a thing.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 10:55:04 AM »

That PSA was posted to youtube in 2011, so I don't think it's referencing Zimmerman. It does sort of fit, though.

Well, don't I feel stupid.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »

On the other hand, what an eerily accurate forecast.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 02:52:11 PM »

Here's a thing.
It's funny because it ignores what the justice system assumes about people based on melanin.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »

Here's a thing.
It's funny because it ignores what the justice system assumes about people based on melanin.

:joke:

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 09:07:38 AM »

Trayvon Martin hulked the fuck out and savagely beat Zimmerman, claims Zimmerman!

Ignoring the opportunity to be any snarkier(OK last shot: wow, he overcame a 100 lb weight class and the threat of a drawn gun + warning shot?) I have to wonder why, if beaten to a bloody pulp and forced to use his gun to save his own life, Zimmerman wouldn't get some nice timely photos of his wounds from the police to keep his story up to date?

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »

He had been suspended from school in Miami after being found with an empty marijuana baggie.

And already the headlines are pouring in.  Expect the Limbaughs of the world to start shouting things like "Juvenile delinquent!" and, with Rush's usual lack of self-awareness, "Drug addict!"

(An aside: not the first story I've heard of a kid getting suspended over an empty baggie.  Jesus Christ, if it's empty, THROW IT OUT.)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 01:50:43 PM »

In the work truck today, they had Limbaugh playing, and, yes, he was squawking that, but no "drug addict" line.  He was trying to distance it from the race issue by bringing up that all the left-wingers were bringing it up as a race issue.

Doom's article states what I needed confirmed from Rush's diatribe: the New Black Panthers have offered a $10,000 reward for Zimmerman.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 09:19:52 PM »

He was bigger, and looked a few years older than my cousin (probably late high school/early college).

I have consulted with my lady, who got a better look at the guy than I did, and she says I'm way off; the guy who wanted to start a fight with a 15-year-old who bumped him was in his mid-30's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14