Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Author Topic: License to Go Plan Recreational Murders  (Read 23362 times)

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: License to Go Plan Recreational Murders
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2012, 01:05:48 PM »

Turns out the Sanford police agreed, Zimmerman shouldn't have gotten out of his car after they told him not to.

Things don't look good for Zimmerman, even if he was attacked. Which, you know, those of us who aren't racist realized from the get-go. As reprehensible a law as Stand Your Ground is, even it's most ardent supporters will usually concede, that yeah, it doesn't give you a right to go looking for trouble.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »

Well, it'll be interesting to see who was standing whose ground.  "Mortal terror" is about the only explanation I have for Martin being able to do what they claim he did.

I mean, unless he really did transcend the drug horizon and learn the secret and dangerous art of Weed Rage.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »

OKAY SO

Just in case you haven't been keeping up with this case, over the weekend, Zimmerman's bond was revoked and he was returned to jail after it was revealed that he and his wife lied to the judge about how much money he had, going so far as to speak in code(albeit a really stupid one) when she called him while he was in jail the first time.

As a result of this, donations to his legal fund have increased.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 04, 2012, 09:44:46 AM »

Again, fools parting with their money doesn't bother me a bit.  I'd like to drag this thing out just so he can get more.  It's not like the bundle of cash is going to do him any good when he inevitably does something stupid enough to land himself either in a prison cell or in a grave.

Personally I'd just like to see how much of this money is coming out of welfare.  Making idiots' heads explode has never proven very effective, but it's still fun.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »

Again, fools parting with their money doesn't bother me a bit.  I'd like to drag this thing out just so he can get more.  It's not like the bundle of cash is going to do him any good when he inevitably does something stupid enough to land himself either in a prison cell or in a grave.

Perjury is a pretty serious crime, isn't it?

EDIT: Of course, we're talking about a guy who may literally get away with murder, so...

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2012, 10:54:14 AM »

More importantly, when the entirety of your case rests on your version of the story being believable, you probably shouldn't start out your bail hearing by lying repeatedly to a judge. I'm sure the prosecutor rubbed one out.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2012, 11:54:04 AM »

I actually read an article on cnn a day before he was ordered back to jail saying that there was no way Zimmerman would get convicted, and how that was terrible.

You know, as cynical as I am, I think it's looking increasingly more likely that Zimmerman is fucked. I feel terrible for his lawyer.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »

Why? Win or lose, he's gonna be famous.

what's his name again

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2012, 04:08:38 PM »

He's going to be famous to racists for killing a black guy, and he's going to be infamous to people like the group that put out a bounty on his head.

Either way, it's not a good famous.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »

Not good for who?  Any random entry in his journal will make it clear that becoming a martyr for the cause of murdering people you don't like is an achievement beyond any he ever hoped to attain.  He is the happiest little shit in the world right now.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2012, 04:51:02 PM »

I was referring to the dude's lawyer, who is just doing his job and will go down in history as the guy who defended a loser in the most high profile murder trial in years.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2012, 04:57:01 PM »

I was referring to his lawyer too. The guy's probably already got a book deal down the pipe.

Also: 73% of people that used "Stand Your Ground" after killing a black person went free.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2012, 05:34:06 AM »

It just keeps happening

Darius Simmons was by all accounts a good kid. The fun loving 6th grader was simply moving a garbage can in front of his home when his neighbor, 75 year old John Henry Spooner confronted him with a [9mm hand gun]* and accused him of stealing from his home. Darius, who was in school the time of the robbery, denied being involved with the theft. John Henry Spooner then proceed to shoot Darius in his chest, while he had his hands raise showing Spooner he was unarmed. His mom, who was watching in horror, ran to Darius to see if she could find a pulse, she couldn’t. Darius, 13 years old and unarmed, was murdered in cold blood in front of his mother.

Now, this isn't a "Stand Your Ground" case like the Martin/Zimmerman shooting. In fact, it'd almost qualify as just another suburban murder, if not for the details that the victim was a 13-year old black kid, the 75-year-old a gun toting maniac, and little details from the story like:

Simmons is one of 30 black people killed this year alone by people working in law enforcement or legitimate or illegitimate "security" work. 16 of these killings have happened since Trayvon Martin was killed by George Zimmerman.

We sure are just gunning down a lot of black people on the street. But why?

...Spooner confronted him with a [9mm hand gun]* and accused him of stealing from his home. Darius, who was in school the time of the robbery, denied being involved with the theft.

This is almost the exact same reason George Zimmerman gave for stalking Trayvon Martin. What is it about a black youth just standing in the street that makes gun-wielding types think they've committed a crime? Read a good article about the right-wing media's obsessions with a black-on-white race war. While the race war delusion is probably not the reason this nut decided to go out and shoot an unarmed kid in the chest, it has roots in the view of blacks as "the violent other" who must be watched and controlled.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2012, 05:52:56 AM »

We sure are just gunning down a lot of black people on the street.

Jesus Galloping Christ. This isn't even slightly hyperbolic anymore.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2012, 12:53:26 PM »

Perjury is a pretty serious crime, isn't it?

YEP

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »

Zimmerman states that killing Trayvon was part of "God's plan"

He also insists he has no regrets and there was nothing he could have done differently to prevent killing that boy.

What is the mindset of people who still support this guy? Because I want that mindset taken off the streets.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »

Zimmerman states that killing Trayvon was part of "God's plan"

I imagine Zimmerman's lawyer told him before the interview to give people the impression he found God to make him more sympathetic. I imagine when he said 'Shooting Trayvon Martin was part of God's plan', Zimmerman's lawyer probably chewed up a couple of baby asprin, ate half a bottle of tums, and looked longingly at the 38 revolver he keeps in his belt.

DestyNova

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »

Go for the Temporary Insanity plea?

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »

That could work, for a definition of temporary which spans a timeframe of years.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »

Wouldn't that mean he'd have to give back all that Paypal money?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14