Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Mad King  (Read 13617 times)

Borin

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Mad King
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »

You want to make things interesting? Fine. Let's make things interesting.

I am the Leader, and I will expose Brom's true allegiance!

For the resistance!

Mormont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2012, 04:50:02 PM »

Dramatic Chipmunk

, said Mormont.

Althalos

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2012, 05:05:25 PM »

Rescind my vote. I'm going to trust Mormont, because at this point, fuck it.

Hammertyme because we need the time to see how this pans out.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »

I am the Leader, and I will expose Brom's true allegiance!

Brom is the Vengeful Warrior.  He is not allied with the Rebellion or the Kingdom.  His target is still alive.

Mormont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2012, 05:28:28 PM »

Well, not the worst reveal ever.

In that case, my vote turns to Fendrel.

Sadon

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2012, 05:37:20 PM »

I am going to trust Mormont as well.

Fendrel

Mormont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »

Althalos - ?
Borin - Confirmed Innocent, Leader
Brom - Confirmed Vengeful Warrior - Third Party
Carac - ?
Fendrel - ?
Lyonel - Unlikely to be starting Kingdom as he arrested first night
Merek - ?
Mormont - Assassin
Sadon - ?
Terrowin - ?
Tybalt - ?

We can narrow down the search for the two guards and the queen to these seven:

Althalos
Carac
Fendrel
Merek
Sadon
Terrowin
Tybalt

One of them is the Knight, the Priest, and the Thief. It's also possible Lyonel is one of those roles. We could also be looking at a Scoundrel, a Blood Magus, and a Turncoat.

But to be clear, of these eight players, it is 100% that six of them are The Knight, The Priest, the Thief, Two Guards, and The Queen.

Althalos
Carac
Fendrel
Merek
Sadon
Terrowin
Tybalt
Lyonel

Also, the rules say 2 or 3 third party roles will be included, so it's also 100% that at least one of those guys is either the Scoundrel, the Blood Magus, or the Turncoat. Possibly two of them, though that would give every single player a role except Forthwind, so I'm thinking it's more likely that one of them is the other commoner.

Borin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2012, 05:53:12 PM »

Lyonel - Unlikely to be starting Kingdom as he arrested first night

This is a dangerous assumption. Were I the Mad King, I would arrest one of my lieutenants on the first round, banking that it would make him innocent in others' eyes, and that he would escape through his own means before too long. Do not take this speculation as a condemnation of Lyonel, though, for I choose to ignore everything the Mad King does.

Mormont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2012, 05:58:38 PM »

I think he's Kingdom either way, since I assume Geo/Lyonel would have converted, seeing as how we lost our Seer and I missed my kill. But we don't care about converts, since we just need the two guards and the queen dead to win. If we eliminate all other suspicious options, then our lynch can turn to Lyonel.

And yeah, put the Mad King on block in your mind.

Won't be around for a while. Will check the thread when I can.

Althalos

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2012, 06:22:40 PM »

I'll go Fendrel as well.

Lyonel

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2012, 11:01:57 PM »

I think he's Kingdom either way, since I assume Geo/Lyonel would have converted, seeing as how we lost our Seer and I missed my kill. But we don't care about converts, since we just need the two guards and the queen dead to win. If we eliminate all other suspicious options, then our lynch can turn to Lyonel.

And yeah, put the Mad King on block in your mind.

Won't be around for a while. Will check the thread when I can.

I can't convert until tonight and there are two other ways I can get out of jail.

1) escape
2) thief related breakout

You know, I sort of wish that the thief did know if some one got out due to his power or not, but then maybe I just think that's fairer because I'm in a game where the seer got killed on day one.

Tybalt

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2012, 04:43:06 AM »

I am still sticking to my earlier decision to vote for Athalos. Something is queer with his manner, Mad King or no.

Carac

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2012, 06:00:21 AM »

But you plan to convert, Sir Lyonel? Did he put the screws to you, or did you beg him from behind the curtains?

I'm to paranoid to immediately belive that Mormont is the assassin, perhaps tomarrow. But readily belive that you are Friday. Which, doesn't revealing that defeat the purpose of anonymous acounts?  Either way, you're math is sound. Fendrel.

Terrowin

• YE OLDE SCIENCEE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2012, 07:00:29 AM »

I, for one, can completely reject the idea of theocracy and accept the ways of SCIENCE MATHS!  As such, I shall adopt an avatar to signify such!

Fendrel

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2012, 07:46:46 AM »

Althalos, Borin, Carac, Mormont, Sadon, and Terrowin have voted for Fendrel.  That's six.

As Fendrel is strung up, you notice something strange about him.  He's got weird fleshy bits under his cloak and appears to lack a peepee.

"Unhand me!  Unhand your Queen!" cries Fendrel in a new and higher-pitched voice.

You apologize for your error and invite the Mad Queen to lunch.  However, being mad, she attempts to eat a live horse and is summarily trampled.

--

Night roles, please!  This may be a slightly longer night than usual but hopefully not.

Remember to include me in all PM conversations!

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2012, 08:26:15 PM »

Dusk settles over the second night of the revolution.  There is a tireless whirlwind of activity; the commotion in the capital has reached a fever pitch.

Borin, the brave leader of the revolution, is speaking to his brothers-in-arms when a crossbow bolt soars out of the dark and cracks through his skull.  There is little doubt that the King was responsible.

Later, the lifeless body of Terrowin falls from the rafters in the tavern, crashing into a table populated by corrupt soldiers.  Their furious reaction alone is enough to reveal that Terrowin was a Guardian of the Mad King.

Finally, as the sun begins rising, the battered form of Lyonel stumbles wearily back into town.  He has apparently escaped from the dungeon.

Day 3

9 players still live.  Of them, 8 players are eligible to vote.

Althalos
Brom
Carac
Lyonel
Merek
Mormont
Sadon
Tybalt

The Mad King can not vote, but is stupendous.

Ulric is a dead Scout.
Forthwind is a dead Commoner.
Borin is a dead Leader.

Fendrel is a dead Mad Queen.
Terrowin is a dead Guardian.

It takes 5 votes to lynch somebody.  Only one Guardian remains.

Barring any Hammertymes, the day will enter Sudden Death on Wednesday at 12:30AM ET. (The 1/3 threshold is 3 votes)

Tybalt

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2012, 08:50:42 PM »

Well, things are FINALLY starting to turn around!

Lyonel

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »

I take back everything I ever said about assassins and their obviously weak brains that lead them to lives of murder over something more constructive to society. In this case, one has killed Jimmy Lee, one of the Double Dragons who guard the king every day and night, while masquerading as one of us. Now only Bimmy stands in the way of justice and the beginning of a golden, mad kingless age of enlightenment, small government, and tax breaks for the rich, namely all of us who support the rebellion.

Also, either I escaped by my own means - something which always seems to work at least 1 out of every 4 times I attempt it - or that fairly capable, reliable, and thiefly thief saved me. I can't tell, it was dark and many thing where unclear. Was I jumping into that laundry cart or was I pushed? Did I use a file baked into a loaf of bread for me to remove a bar or was I just smart enough to fashion one by picking iron rich meals on the prison menu and then distilling ore from my own blood? The mysteries of the dungeon will perhaps never be truly known, unless Kazz details all of this at game end.

Tybalt

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2012, 09:03:36 PM »

Any reason that I shouldn't believe you're scum now? You could have just been let out after agreeing to follow the tyrant, right?

Lyonel

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »

Yeah, I could have.

or I had a 25% chance of escaping
or I had a 75% of the thief freeing me if he chose to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9