Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: The Mad King  (Read 13615 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Mad King
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »

i wish you guys had been this active and thoughtful during the game

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2012, 06:13:02 PM »

Well, see, that's the problem with werewolf games in general. The optimal strategy is not to share all the information you have, and it's just easier to say nothing than to make up convincing lies. Both for the innocents and the bad guys.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »

Well

It depends on whether or not you're the double reverse Turnseertiger

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2012, 08:01:33 PM »

My strategy was to get a big pile of information and wait. I made my move this night, because the end of the game was approaching one way or the other and suspicion started to turn to me.

I don't understand why Kazz is surprised I would play this way. If my win objective is to live and I'm a seer, the obvious thing to do is trade information for my life. Also, since Ziiro mentioned to Friday that I was "too stupid to be Kingdom," my strategy of making intentional stupid mistakes to make people assume I'm Envy and then ignore me worked. 
:nyoro~n:
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »

<--- seer

Guess I've got brain problems.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2012, 09:19:31 PM »

I was relieved to be murdered (as the leader, Borin) as quickly as I was. I did not relish trying to reason through the chains of information and misinformation that would have followed our day 2 lynch. I was just resolving to hold off on using my power until day 3 when I saw Friday's role-claim, and decided not to risk it.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Brom

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »

Who killed Althalos in the last night? Also I'm Nex. I asked the king to kill Borin the night after he was revealed to be the leader, and then I told Mormont/Friday to kill Althalos so that I could join the Rebellion.

Brom

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »

Also I double win yay me :D

Mormont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:08 PM »

Quote from: Mormont on Yesterday at 09:56:21 PM

Quote from: Tybalt on Yesterday at 05:53:32 PM

Salutations, Mormont. As you have stated, you are an Assassin. You have also stated that you have expressed suspicion in me. I assure you, targeting me will be a waste of a night action in several different respects. Leaving me alive would be mutually beneficial.

So, I'm sort of getting the feeling you're the Knight?

Anyway, I'm killing Lyonel tonight.

No. It would be a waste because I am the Scoundrel, and the only remaining Seer. Moreover, one that is very interested in helping you since you are all far in the lead. A tip; Lyonel is the Thief. His night action could have been to free himself. It's extremely unlikely he was turned and released without trying to free himself.

I didn't get this PM until just now

*shrug*

Sorry for losing the game for the innos, I guess in the end I didn't pay enough attention to the rules, I didn't think the game could end in kingdom victory today

Sorry for outing myself in an anonymous game, I didn't know you gave a shit Kazz, I won't do it in the future

My plan was the kill Lyonel and then lynch Carac today, see, I knew it was one of you two but honestly didn't want to listen to you defend yourself Geo :P

I knew Althalos was the priest the whole time, pretty much, whoever is saying I thought it was someone else is wrong

Mormont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2012, 11:47:35 PM »

I'd have switched my kill to Carac if I'd have gotten that PM for the record

also I'd have used cautious mode on Geo had I known the Kingdom could possibly win today

all in all I lost the game for the innos because I wasn't paying enough attention, and I'm sort of annoyed about that

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2012, 12:57:44 AM »

I very nearly messaged you to ask if you'd gotten that PM, but I felt it would be hugely unfair of me to do so.  But there was a short period between you receiving it and The Mad King getting his final order in.  meh.

The way I wrote the rule is sort of unusual.  The Kingdom wins when there are as many or more Kingdom-loyal players who can vote as Rebellion-loyal players who can vote.  Usually in a wolf game it's based on the wolves having a plurality/majority of all players including third-party players, but this game had a lot of minute changes across the board; I should have been more clear about the win conditions.  One of the reasons I'm glad the game ended when it did, though, is if there'd been a Day 4, the Scoundrel would have become kingmaker.  That would have been a stupid and unintended situation.

On the one hand, I'd like to tweak it and try it again.  On the other hand, the quality of play was so erratic this game that I'm not sure how wise that would be.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2012, 01:21:38 AM »

The Mad King was awesome by the way, I mean the guy taunting and shit

A++

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »

As The Mad King, the game was pretty strange; I made two and a half major mistakes and I'm surprised I won. First: never arresting anyone is the way to play; without some way to force them to your side, it's useless:
A:ALWAYS
B:BE
M:MURDERIN'
Second, I didn't use my time as the known wolf to either get anyone forced onto the chopping block or cleared. I realized too late that you guys would WAY over-think it if I just focused all my judgement on one player; you'd eventually arriveat me trying to clear one of my own by being obvious. Using this to kill Althalos early (since he was my first public jeer) would've been wise.

I'd like to thank Brom for coming to me immediately after being outed as Vengeful Warrior, that really helped a lot.

Also, Geo had actually agreed to turn on his second night in jail, but then didn't; I didn't let the team know, but I don't think it would've mattered. Well-played on his part, wasting my arrest.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »

Also, I want to know both who Carac was and what his discussion with Friday looked like.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »

He didn't contact Friday, to my knowledge.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »

Nope. The only people who contacted me were Althalos, telling me he was the priest, and Brom (who I ignored) and then Tybalt, who I also basically ignored.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »

Also, Geo had actually agreed to turn on his second night in jail, but then didn't; I didn't let the team know, but I don't think it would've mattered. Well-played on his part, wasting my arrest.

pumkin

Yeah, I figured that as the thief, I had a really good chance to just escape and there for not be executed for my treachery.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Angry Beaver

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2012, 06:00:40 AM »

Carac here. Honestly, my world turned to shit on day 2. I couldn't make it to the game nearly as much as I would of liked, and had I known what was going to happen in my world, I'd of not played. That said, holy shit, we won. I enterily expected Friday to shank my ass. I guess Geo/Lyonel doth protested a little to much. Bizzare, but despite what happend on my side of the world, good game.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2012, 11:46:06 AM »

I still stand by this. But I can't vote due to "prison rules", which means something different here than it usually does.

lol favorite post
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]