Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Week 2 Loot  (Read 2428 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Week 2 Loot
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:10:11 AM »

Clarice's Chainsaw was hit going over Darkness That Drowns... it spun in... there were no survivors.

Note that I am demanding that every one reaffirm loot EVEN IF THEY CLAIMED IT EARLIER IN THE THREAD IT WAS FOUND. That means that AFKs have lost their loot, such as Gulden's Ring of Bad Omens. Please be very clear and direct in your posts and allow a grace period in case of multiple claims to a single item. Spend your extra gold any way you please, you're all in a city and safe for now. I'd also really appreciate people going back to the old loot thread and browsing other unclaimed bits.

I'd also appreciate this thread being used to briefly discuss anything you might feel is lacking in loot. It's hard to keep track of everybody's equipment at times, but I do browse character sheets and try to provide interesting things to fill holes, and generally useful upgrades for existing weaponry/armor. So if I'm missing anything for a long time, give me a suggestion.

Also yes, I totally intended to only put in one weapon upgrade this time. DWI nerds.

I will work on a new "Crafting" thread later, to break down unwanted things.

Morgiana, Ilex, Gulden, Latir, Meran, Bertram, Karvan and Ragjen gain 7,125 gold each!

Newbees, don't give yourself any of this bonus gold, but you can claim items below.

Leads (Leads are not usable items, but rather point to plot developments that can be pursued.)

Draconic Inscribed Blade - Dropped by Lily during escape from a break-in at A Series Of Ridiculous Events.
Elven Mad Science Notes - Found in Quint's Lab in Flowers.
Dark Tome - Found in Ottimus' Lab in Sun and Run.
Eve's Resting Place - Info/tip-off possible for Lord Damien Reinbach, of The Office/Underbelly.
Mad Plot Scrawlings - Found in Ottimus' Ruined Lab in Prepare for Trouble.
La Da Ja Choy's Autograph - Muscles brought this back, tucked into a scruff of fur and feathers by his neck.

Party Split

(I'm just splitting by eight this time so I don't have to think about whether or not AFKs count, and we also got a load of newbees...)

25,000 + 10,000 + 13,500 + 8,000 + 5,000 = 57,000 to split by 8 = 7,125

Debt

Flowers - 50,000
Trouble - 20,000
Ridiculous Events - 45,000
Sun - 10,000
Total: 135,000

Debt: 301,000/500,000 GP
Free Loot To Date: 97,000 GP
PROPERTY DAMAGE!!!: 24,000 GP
CRIME SPREE!!!: 37,000 GP

A Series Of Ridiculous Events

Assault + Kidnapping + Murder 2: 37,000 GP! 13,500 added to Party Split!
Prize Fighter Earnings: 8,000 GP! 4,000 added to Party Split!

Belt of the Victor

A glorious band of golden links, smelling of booze and sweat.

+1 Fortitude(stacks with all other items that boost defenses)
1/Encounter - Gain 10 Temp Hp after dealing 30 or more damage to an enemy. Triggers immediately after dealing damage as a free action, your choice if to trigger.

Academy Administrator's Log

Only the finest in magical book-keeping.

One time use. Grants +1 Enchantment Bonus to ANY Implement, bonus may not exceed +4 total.

Slugger

This crude and forceful combination of the parts of several rifles and a heavy crossbow seems to have yielded a device better suited for the element of surprise than a dedicated firearm.

Encounter(Standard) - Dex vs Reflex. Deals 3d8+2+Dex Mod to nearest three targets in a Close Blast 3 spread. On successful hit, knocks target back two squares.

Sun And Run

Property Damage: 10,000 GP! 5,000 added to Party Split!

Boots of Authority

Polished black boots, to let you know who's in charge.

Grants +2 Initiative and 1/Day - Immediate Interrupt - Ally within 5 squares who is damaged may make Melee Basic Attack against their attacker.

Golden Boy - Claimed by Isaac(NPC)

Jellyvator Springs

Huge, elaborate bronze coils, stained and warped into a unique appearance by the death throes of the Jellyvator

Arm Slots(Bracers) - Resist Acid 5, +1 Fort/Ref/Will(stacks with all other defense boosting items)

Crystal Beri Bites x 5

Small bites of delicious minty crystal, thankfully not yet used to cleanse poop.

Use Minor - Immediately save against Poison Effect(must be originating power with the Poison descriptor)

Example of action sequences: Enemy Turn starts, Enemy Poisons you with Ongoing 5(Poison), Your Turn Starts, Blow Minor Action, Cured! No need to save at end of turn.

Ring of Kord's Fervor

Just wearing it makes you feel braver.

1/Daily(Immediate Interrupt) - Negate all non-damage effects of a power used against you with the "Fear" key-word in it.

i.e. a Ghost hits you with a cold touch that would terrify you... negates the Fear, but not the cold damage.

There is also a small locked safety box set on the side of the wall, though the key to the box is set on top of it. The gloves labeled inside look as though they were weaved together from literal ruby strings, as though gems were somehow manipulated into a cloth-like material.

Arcanist Worker's Gloves

These fine red gloves are a must for the Magical Union Worker!

Grants a +2 to Arcana, Grants Resist 3 Fire/Cold/Acid/Lightning, and reduces damage taken from the negative consequences of an Arcana effect(i.e. used against a rune of warding to disable it) by an additional 5.

Bottle of Widow-Maker Brew

Thankfully, not actually full of malicious and violent slime. Interacts with adrenaline released when the life is threatened.

Minor action to use. One time use. Must be bloodied to use. Grants +5 Attack and Damage until end of your next turn.

Didn't You Mean To Ask About Flowers?

35,000 + 15,000 Gold = 50,000 towards the debt and a bonus 25,000 to split!

Luckstone

Just holding this warm little stone makes you feel more confident.

Ring Slot.

1/Daily(Free) - Roll next Saving Throw with a +2 Bonus.

Ring of Warmth

Designed to represent a very tiny, finger-sized fire-place hearth! Tiny ruby-chips make up the flames...

Grants Resist Cold 5. Stacks with all sources of Cold Resist(but not Universal Damage Resist.) I.E. CR 10/UR 15 = CR 15. CR 20/UR 10 = CR 20.

Ring of Bad Omens

Lacking the professional craftsmanship of the other items, you assume the poor fellow found this one. It's made of stark black obsidian with crystalized bits of a violet substance for eyes and mouth locked in a scream.

Increases the Defensive Bonuses of Concealment to +3. Doesn't apply to Total Concealment.

Hammer of the Dwarven Son

Although it is primarily crafted in honor of the silver and mithril of Muradin's Holy Might, there are small symbols along the rest of the hammer depicting holy symbols in runes of other Gods, as though the bearer made pilgrimage to honor those who Muradin gets along with in Heaven. This includes the Raven Queen and Erathis.

+2 Radiant Warhammer

+2d6 on Crits, +1d6 Radiant Damage on all hits

1 Encounter(Minor) - User gains 10 Temporary HP.

Hard Hat

The Foreman's Stout, Dull Yellow Cap, designed in the style of a Miner's Cap. Instead of a light at the forehead, there is a carved Sun-Rod style gem that activates when cupped by the palm of a hand.

At-Will: Casts light twenty feet forward in a line.

Grants +1 Diplomacy and +1 Intimidate due to obvious authority.

Welding Mask

A simple ebony-black steel mask with an opaque obsidian visor. Useful when wielding fire or electricity for magical nonsense.

Grants Resist Fire/Electric 5 and +2 Intimidate. Unintentionally terrifying!

Boss Bas' Boss Bits

The Fiercest Scales from the Fiercest Lizard

Increases Armor's Magical Bonus by +1. One Time use, bonus cannot exceed +4.

Prepare For Trouble

Property Damage: 20,000 GP! 10,000 Bonus added to Party Split!

Grapnel

A pistol, fitted to fire a grappling hook. Genius.

1/Day - Shift 10 squares as Move Action.

Gran's Great Bits

Debris dropped from the fortress-sized fiend.

One time use. Increases Armor enchantment bonus by +1, bonus may not exceed +4.

Kiplyn's Sash

Very neatly kept, aside from the teeth-marks. A vibrant red, for a hero!

Waist. 1/Day - Allows Charge Attack that ignores Threatening Reach and Opportunity Attacks.

Warpwood Shavings

You might be able to do something with these vibrant, crackling bits of tree and chaos...

Increases Weapon Enchantment by +1. One-time use. Cannot go past +4 bonus.
1/Day - On hit, blast target for an additional 2d12 split Acid/Thunder damage.

Warden's Mark

An amulet given as a grateful gift, bearing the Diplomatic Emblem of an Ally of Those Chosen

Neck Slot. +3 F/R/W. When you use a Healing Surge, gain an additional +3 HP.

Violent Darkness

A vial full of the last remaining caustic bits of the Super Ooze.

Improves Enchantment Bonus on piece of Armor by +1. One time use, cannot exceed +4 bonus.
1/Daily(Immediate Interrupt) - When struck by ranged attack(single target OR AoE), make an attack against the enemy with your regular attack bonus vs their Reflex. Deals 1d8+6 Acid damage on hit.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Week 2 Loot
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »

Oops I forgot Muscles' things and added in a drop from Darkness That Drowns.

Bongos On A Belt - Claimed by Enrique, improves his Implement by +1.

La Da Ja Choy's Autograph (Lead, added to OP)

Blazing Blunt

Smoking something harvested from the Nine Hells is as thrilling as it is ridiculous and dangerous. The wrapped blunt emits sparks and heat even in it's final refined form.

One time use. For the rest of the encounter, you have +5 Fortitude Defense, -5 Will Defense and a +3 Attack Bonus made with all Powers that use Implements.

Lucky Feather

Muscles really likes this one! It was covered in glory today...

Neck Slot. +1 F/R/W.

BŁge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:28:58 AM »

Well, Morgiana's already claimed the Arcanist Worker's Gloves... but that lucky feather is pretty sharp! I think she'll take it if no one else wants it.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:33:35 AM »

I'm pretty sure no one else uses hammers, so I'll take the Hammer of the Dwarven Son. "Implements" covers wands, staves, orbs, rods, musical instruments, and holy symbols together, right? So those enhancements I'll split with Meran, Morgiana, Tikka, Wanda(?), and anyone else who uses an implement. Ragjen?

If I net the Warden's Mark, add an Amulet of Protection +2 to the loot pile, since that's what I'm replacing.

+1 to my armor would be nice for what I do best, but given I have probably the highest AC already (31) other people probably need it more.

I'd like to study the Grapnel in hopes of drawing up some blueprints and replicating it, but anyone who needs the mobility more than I can have it.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:35:10 AM »

You cannot replicate the Grapnel without convincing Clarice to help you do so. This becomes obvious upon cursory examination and realization that reverse engineering it will destroy it.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 12:22:26 PM »

If it's not a problem I'd like Bos Bas' Best Bits and Warpwood Shavings, use them on my Armor and Flail respectively...

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »

I'd like one of those rings for Bertram, 'cause I don't have any. The Ring of Warmth looks like the one I'd get the most utility out of, so I'll put a claim on that. For my other ring slot, I'm only 4000 gold short of the very nice-looking Ring of Giants, so I'll be saving up.

Not a claim, but an expression of interest: the Widow-Maker Brew might be of use to me, because overkill is the best thing ever. Also, I can't have any further enhancement for my main weapon, but I do have a secondary that might want another plus, so if there's one of those left over after everybody's picked this over, I'll take it.

Better armor is useless to me. HP is my main defensive stat.
...but is it art?

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 02:34:38 PM »

Those Boots of Authority would be neat for me if my Immediate action wasn't already clogged with two Encounter powers.

Kiplyn's Sash occupies an important slot (which I forgot to use to heal myself during the last fight whoops) for me, so it's not very useful, and Bertram already has a strictly superior effect on his Neck slot. Maybe Karvan could use it?

For the Slugger uh, I guess it's a good thing Azura's here now because otherwise it would be way too inaccurate to blow a Standard, and even then it needs additional +hit or it'll just be hemmoraging accuracy.

The Jellyvator Springs are crazy powerful for an Arms slot item thanks to the untyped NAD bonuses, but a defender should probably get first dibs on them.

The Luckstone is good for everybody, so I have no idea who should get it.

Also, I dunno about other people, but Dailies on magic items are annoying to me. There's the whole deal with Milestones recharging them, but I'd rather just have encounter powers that are maybe a little weaker so I don't have to worry too much about tracking Milestones, plus I just don't like tracking a million things.

Otherwise I guess I'd just like to wait for crafting. The only kind of effects I'm all that worried about would be stuff that changes or causes MBAs that doesn't count towards the limit of 1/turn, as far as Ilex goes. I just can't really think of much I'd want as a Warlord.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »

Okay, so. We have to restate claims to earlier loot, opening up free slots from dropped-out PCs?

The loot in Fools-Errant thread is:
The Goresaw (claimed by Bertram)
Hjard's Serrated Dagger
Hjard's Leather Armor (claimed by Enrique)
Rosco's Rotator (claimed by Beatrice)
Scope and Tripod set; salvaged from sniper rifle
Anti-Mortal Curiosity Harnessing Device (Teaches Alarm ritual; anyone can reuse any number of times)
Ruby Necklace (claimed by Ilex)
Lode-stone Ore (claimed by Bertram)
Gold Knuckles
Shades

Slobber-Knocker (claimed by Enrique)
Ruby Necklace (Claimed by Ilex)
Bubble-Bead Bauble (Claimed by Morgiana)
Artifact: Hand of Entropy (currently carried by Latir)
Volcanic Mace (currently carried by Latir, to be given as a gift)
Bolo Launcher Parts (Claimed by Isaac(NPC))
Volcanic Hellfire Plate Shards (claimed by Latir)
+2 Darkhide Armor (claimed by Bertram?)
Cleansed Beard Clasp (claimed by Latir)
Acrobat Boots (claimed by Enrique)
Ironskin Potion
Regeneration Potion

Ring of False-Hoods (Claimed by Ilex)
Ancient (TK) Bracelet (claimed by Ilex)

And this thread:
Belt of the Victor
Academy Administrator's Log; +1 to any implement (claimed by Meran)
Slugger
Boots of Authority

Golden Boy - Claimed by Isaac(NPC)
Jellyvator Springs
Crystal Beri Bites x 5
Ring of Kord's Fervor

Arcanist Worker's Gloves (claimed by Morgiana)
Bottle of Widow-Maker Brew (contested! by Bertram and Ragjen)
Luckstone (claimed by Meran)
Ring of Warmth (claimed by Bertram)
Ring of Bad Omens
Hammer of the Dwarven Son (claimed by Latir)
Hard Hat (claimed by Ragjen)
Welding Mask
Boss Bas' Boss Bits; armor +1 (claimed by Karvan)
Grapnel (claimed by Meran)
Gran's Great Bits; armor +1 (claimed by Ilex)
Kiplyn's Sash
Warpwood Shavings; weapon +1 (claimed by Karvan)
Warden's Mark (claimed by Latir)
Amulet of Protection +2 (if Latir gets the Warden's Mark, anyone can have his current amulet)
Violent Darkness; armor +1
Bongos on a Belt (claimed: Enrique)
Blazing Blunt (claimed by Ragjen)
Lucky Feather (claimed by Morgiana)

Stuff that's unclaimed as of this post is bolded. Let me know if I missed anything.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 08:23:33 PM »

Latir still has his feet, hands, head, waist, and both ring slots open. If this goes a couple days without anyone laying claim to stuff that fits in those slots, Latir will take them by virtue of having something being better than having nothing. Same goes for a leftover armor+1 item or the Academy Log.

king of no pants

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 01:15:05 AM »

I'd like to tentatively lay claim to the Luckstone.

The Administrator's Log would be nice for my staff, but if someone has a better use for it I'd gladly give it up.

Violent Darkness looks like it could be pretty hilarious to use as well, although I am not sure if it would be suited for my role.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 06:43:30 AM »

I'd say anyone who attacks primarily through an implement -- me, you, Morgiana -- could lay a serious claim to the log. I'll put it down as claimed by you since you and I are the only ones to drool over it so far and I'd rather a striker have it than a defender.

Plus I've claimed kind of a lot of treasure as it is.

Okay so magic item shopping. Let's say I have a Magic Holy Symbol +3, costing 9,000 (because I do). A Symbol of Power +3 costs 13,000. Can I put an additional enchantment on my existing holy symbol and pay the difference for a total cost of 4000? Or do I spend the whole 13k and pawn off my old symbol for 1800 (9000/5), for a total cost of 11,200?
Relatedly, Latir carries his grandfather's hammer as a point of pride. Bringing it back home better than it was when he left would be something he'd do, to the point of trying to move the enchantment from the Hammer of the Dwarven Son onto it if that's something possible.

Bee Tee Dubs, anyone with a free hands slot might want to look into Gloves of Piercing ($680). Once per day you can ignore DR 10 for the rest of the encounter. I've run into enemies who chug Stoneskin potions at the beginning of battle twice now, and even though I'm a defender I'm considering them just for that.

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 07:09:01 AM »

I'd say anyone who attacks primarily through an implement -- me, you, Morgiana -- could lay a serious claim to the log. I'll put it down as claimed by you since you and I are the only ones to drool over it so far and I'd rather a striker have it than a defender.

Meran puts down stupid damage due to his multihits but he's still as much of a Controller as Morgiana. :v (though I dunno how much Buge focused on Area attacks, though I think that's pretty much the Wizard Thing To Do anyways)

We actually have a kind of disappointing lack of Strikers that I've mentioned to Doom as a concern, but I'm still torn between wanting to change characters and abandon Ilex or just tough it out, though I feel like I'd have more fun as the Striker I have in mind.

As for your enchantment issues: You have to buy a whole new item to get the effects of a new item, unless Doom rules otherwise. There's a dirt-cheap level 4 Arcana ritual for swapping enchantments on items. The existing +1 on your current hammer will disappear, but everything else can be transferred just fine and it only costs 25 gold per transfer regardless of item level, so you could either bug Morgiana or another ritual caster here about getting it or just stop by some magic shop in town and get it done.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 07:25:35 AM »

Oh, I thought invokers were striker role. Huh.

We've got an Archery ranger coming in as soon as Mrs. A's intro thread is over. I actually specced a striker to play if Latir died or retired but the general opinion regarding that was "Noooo Latir is too awesome to drop out".

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:48 AM »

Yeah, if it weren't for Azura I'd be full tilt "we need another striker", especially since I don't like NPCs filling important player roles. As is though, unless I really feel like I can't drop Ilex over the course of this next week I might swap over anyways. We'll just have to see~

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 09:51:57 AM »

But Ilex is one of our only leaders, not counting NPCs...

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 11:08:39 AM »

We've got three Leaders not including NPCs. We've got two Strikers not including NPCs, unless Airman decides he wants to play again in which case they're tied.

Three Leaders is already a little much, and I'm not so much feeling the support aspect of my class (I chose Warlord when I knew nothing about this game).

Also there's the problem of Ilex being so important to the narrative, which I can't complain about in the slightest (this is a good thing), but it makes it harder to just NPC her even if I still talk for her.

Maxmaps

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »

I call the blunt, obviously. And the bottle of widow brew. I HAVE A PLAN FOR WHEN I'M BLOODIED OKAY? And the hardhat. I can't have enough diplomacy.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 11:15:01 AM »

I was thinking of setting up extra narratives so that R^2 could do *something* with his other idea, so I don't see why I can't extend the offer to players to pick up extra work for minimal extra on my end. However, that also means you have to keep the two characters distinct and can't try to pull a 3e Leadership on me.

Ilex could easily be shifted to a half-NPC role, like when I have somebody like Beatrice tag along and be available to help, but not just stacking extra characters around willy-nilly and cheaply. If Ilex gets into a fight, I'd prompt you to control her. As half-NPC, though, I'd go out of my way to keep her from going out on every single available quest.

Just think about it for awhile, no rush on these ideas. But it is possible to allow 1.5 or 2 characters to each PC.

NEEDLESS TO SAY I'll explode if the PC in question begins slacking on posting, but you two are very consistent.

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »

and can't try to pull a 3e Leadership on me.

Probably just due to me not being very well versed in 3e (at all), but I'm assuming this means something like just taking a feat as an excuse to have two characters? My Striker idea is pretty distinct from Ilex anyways, so I'm not too worried about that.

Anyways, on looking through the loot list, I figure finding some weird way to give Azura the Sniper Rifle Parts would be ideal once she stumbles into us, as she'd be the most likely to take advantage of it (and the way it works is like a million times better than the original Rifle).
Pages: [1] 2