Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: My Webspace is Gone  (Read 1052 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
My Webspace is Gone
« on: June 01, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »

So, apparently, my web server exploded.  Like, knocked down three walls exploded.

Okay, not MINE, but the one that I've been using for a few years.  I got it back in my days with Operation CWAL, for whom I wrote several hundred short stories about horrible violence.  I guess that means "free webspace for life" somehow.

Aaaanyway, everything I had up there is gone, and I have no reason to expect it to come back.

So, here's what I'm getting at.

I'm pretty poor.  And I kinda got used to having webspace for stuff.  Not just for personal use, but for forum stuff.  I was planning on putting together a ton of stuff for the Worst Pyolympics Ever (which I will be starting up soon), aaaand now I kinda can't.

Sooo, if anybody's got any space anywhere that I can bitch off of, that'd be above and beyond exemplary and I'd abuse my admin powers to suck your dick somehow, but I don't expect anybody to do that.  So what I'm really asking is, what does everybody use for image hosting that I never found out about because I never needed it until now?

Thanks for your pity.  It feels so warm and soft.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: My Webspace is Gone
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 12:12:28 PM »

And you didn't even have to have it overseen by unstable furries!  Welcome to Internet home of the Internet can I take your Internet
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 12:22:13 PM »

yes, but apparently my web server was a live grenade??

(still preferable though)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »

Yes, I'll have the 'Series of Tubes' meal with a diet Rule 34.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »

So, apparently, my web server exploded.  Like, knocked down three walls exploded.

Okay, not MINE, but the one that I've been using for a few years.  I got it back in my days with Operation CWAL, for whom I wrote several hundred short stories about horrible violence.  I guess that means "free webspace for life" somehow.

Aaaanyway, everything I had up there is gone, and I have no reason to expect it to come back.

So, here's what I'm getting at.

I'm pretty poor.  And I kinda got used to having webspace for stuff.  Not just for personal use, but for forum stuff.  I was planning on putting together a ton of stuff for the Worst Pyolympics Ever (which I will be starting up soon), aaaand now I kinda can't.

Sooo, if anybody's got any space anywhere that I can bitch off of, that'd be above and beyond exemplary and I'd abuse my admin powers to suck your dick somehow, but I don't expect anybody to do that.  So what I'm really asking is, what does everybody use for image hosting that I never found out about because I never needed it until now?

Thanks for your pity.  It feels so warm and soft.

That was your server that took down Shortpacked & Blank Label Comics?
www.shortpacked.com

Because if it is, the server is still there, it was the power room that ass ploded.

Schlock Mercenary says this:
On Saturday, May 31st, the EV1 H1 Datacenter in Houston suffered a transformer explosion which took out three walls and all power. Nobody was hurt, fortunately, but comics went offline.

Transformer = Server ???

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 01:31:53 PM »

The impression I got was that the hard drive was in tiny pieces on the floor.  That could just be my assumption.  If it comes back, great.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 01:53:31 PM »

Fun Fact. I use the most bandwidth on pyoko.

.... By a lot. D: Unstable furries love me.

Anyways I always thought the contents of Kazz's homepage could of been summed up as a YTMND page. I assume it grew since like 20 years ago :(

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »

The front page was a placeholder featuring a dancing godzilla.  The space was mainly used as storage for images and other files that I shared on the boards.  Tons of accumulation over the past five years, but honestly I don't mind losing it, because I don't remember what 95% of it was.

edit: it's back nm thx bai