Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: I'll Rape Japan! Let's Play Sengoku Rance!  (Read 119321 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: I'll Rape Japan! Let's Play Sengoku Rance!
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2012, 09:08:32 AM »

Over at Houjou, Sooun purchases something...

And pisses off Ran by not going to a festival with her. What a butthead.

Elsewhere...

Oh my. We're not neighbors with them yet, but we are neighbors with the poor fools they're about to attack.

Sengoku Rance OST - Dignity

Led by the invincible cursed warlord Mouri Motonari, Mouri House has been expanding rapidly due to it's Lord's love of battle. All of their troops look like they fell out of Fist of the North Star.

"Cursed" with an enormous body, twenty feet tall and with the strength of five hundred men, Mouri Motonari is so big he blocks every part of the UI but the conversation box and he speaks with random embiggening of the font on his words to give him kind of a bellowing voice thing.

The eldest daughter, Mouri Teru is a fierce maid who favors direct combat and cleaning.

The middle daughter, Kikkawa Kiku is a cunning chef who prefers to kill from the shadows.

The youngest daughter, Kobayakawa Chinu is a polite ditz who cheerfully serves poison.

They break through the Akashi army easily, but don't conquer the province. They return home in high spirits.

I've kept my National Power under the cap so I get an automatic event where my new Zeth reinforcement joins without burning an Action Fan. Excellent.

Woah! I was disappointed when I saw the Tactician icon(my Army is ridiculously defense-light) but amazed when I saw the stats. 5 Action Flags, 8s and 7s for combat, 6 Search, 8 Negotiate and 5 Construction? Great unit! Beginning Turn 31 we give Katsuie a +1 Attack Book to bump him from 4 to 5, and give Yoshikage +5 Affection Points worth of Gifts and Natori +4 of the same. I think we have no choice but to take care of Uesugi House next, lest they actually start taking our provinces when my main Offense force isn't available to stop them. It'll be another Gourd seized, which will leave us at 3/5 Gourds and only allow us to destroy one more Gourd holding House. After that, any Gourd House defeated will trigger the plot in a few turns.

Here's a shot of the map now that Tenshi is done. No more riots, I firmly possess the center of Japan with an army wrapped snugly around Iga, and I can go either East or West. I figure I'll defeat Uesugi and either have to suck it up and face Takeda, or stall Uesugi out while I take something else.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »

Esperath asked me if it's possible to play the game on Normal without save-scumming and I'd say half yes and half no. On my first successful playthrough I only had to do a dedicated save-scumming on a per-fight basis about 4 times over the entire game, mostly Takeda and End-Game. Here I seem to be doing it every other Lord fight to seize the final province. And I'm doing as well as I am because I restarted the game three times before I beat it and this is my second time through, so I'm aware of a lot of what's coming. If you don't use this LP, download the game and just go for it, you'll learn a lot and have a great time. You'll also probably dead-end really hard. Losing is fun!

My argument is that you can do what you like and who cares, have fun. There are a ton of random elements and eating them on the chin can be no fun. Kenshin showing up consecutively to cock-block your offenses early-game, enemy Tacticians giving their sweepers +Attack while your Tactician tosses your Warriors +Intelligence, a lousy turn-order(Speed counts but it's semi-random), Muskets and Ninjas one-shoting your favorite unit on the first turn and permanently killing them, etc. Do what you like, it's a single player game. Personally I'm just save-scumming when it's super-vital(If I don't capture this House now I'll be attacked three times and I only have enough units to handle two things, etc) and not to be a total cheese-dick, like if I would reload at the end of every turn until my enemies just don't attack me! Possible, if tedious.

Besides, to date I've eaten a ton of RNG on the chin. A Kenshin defense defeat, Yuki just got Uesugi to declare war on me about 40 turns early, I declared war on Asakura House instead of letting them do it for me(there is a diplomacy event where Rance can grab Yuki's boobs or endure the urge... and even if you choose to be mature, there's a strong chance he'll do it anyway off-screen! Saves an Action Fan from the war declare), and I've let my guys get wiped a few times. No deaths, sure, but it's a lot of gold to bleed. In fact, my upcoming Turn plans are to build up some dosh.

I figured the most entertaining LP would be if I had foresight and a strong plan for what I want to do, but didn't sweat or over-tune how I did it. I didn't know what units Zeth was going to send me, for example. Playing with my strategy and fine-tuning my composition is pretty fun too. It felt better to defeat Seigan after 20 attempts to out-smart him than to run in with 6 of my best guys, burst down one or two units, wait a turn, then do it again with the same guys and hope he didn't pay to heal everybody to full.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »

I think even if you haven't fought kenshin a lot you still manage to convey a sense of how dangerous she is.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2012, 12:35:59 AM »

My sickness is your boon, readers. Alright, Turn 31! We check out some of our provinces. We'll seize a treasure from Naniwa. Over in Kyo and Naniwa, adjacent to Tanegashima, we can see Cube Smith showing off the musket and purchase one. No thanks.

Search tasks are easy. Assign enough and you automatically succeed. Assign less and you'll fail, but you'll reduce the difficulty by as much as you assigned. So if you have 20 Search and want a 25 treasure, you can get it in two turns.

FANTASTIC defensive item. If an enemy is going to hit you for 250 damage with an Alpha, boom, flat 20% reduction. If an Archer is gonna plink away at your Guard Meter for 25 damage, boom, no damage. We toss it on Katsuie for now and cycle the Healing Nurse to a generic.

Examining the former Hara Land, we search for and discover the Pearl Dungeon. Let's cleave through it!

A cannon turtle! Pearl Dungeon is very easy just like the first dungeon in Oda, but we still get a little dip into the mid-level monster pool. The other levels are Hanniwas and Squid-Men again. Seven floors is steep for now, but we've also doubled the size of our army.

Another Rance moment.

Obscure bit of monster lore here... Hanniwas are immune to magic. May they never find Zeth. We vaporize a Squid-Man instead.

Monks are pretty great in Dungeons because they get a unique action that lets them trade two of their Action Flags to an ally. It's totally possible to have three monks in the back row feeding flags to your best leveled heavy hitters.

Low and Mid Level Dungeons are very simple. It's just about 1 or 2-shotting the weakest targets before they can act and remembering to switch your guys when they run out of moves to cycle at a good rate, keeping track of your floors. Remember to use your All Flags move on your last flag! We luck out and run into a single Hanniwa here, the rest of the floors have been 3-4 monsters at a time. Encounters are random so sometimes you get a free ride to the last floor and sometimes you're running low on flags halfway through.

"Boss" Encounter on the last floor with 6 guys who do line damage with flamethrowers out of their mouths. Nothing that can't be solved by hitting them.

We get a random item for my Old Man to use(Exploration = Search) and a random item from the Good Rewards set. +2 Intellect will fit very nicely on Rizna. A very safe turn comes to an end, as I intend to build my cash reserves a bit for a crazy plan a little later. It's also always a great idea to grab Super Items like the Pain Suppressing Helmet that can turn a Foot Soldier into an incredible wall.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2012, 12:56:07 AM »

Another Houjou moment.

D'aww. And now, Tanegashima selling Mouri on the Musket!

A bit of game mechanics subtlety here. Archers are in fact slightly slower than other units, we know Diviners prep spells, but aside from what I've already told you about the Musket, rain never seems to be an issue.

Popping off the last Tenshi Sect province gave me new neighbors and now we meet them!

Akashi House used to be a respectable province with a capable army. Then Mouri crushed seventy percent of their army in a single battle, killing the Lord, three of his sons and all major retainers to the House. The only surviving leaders are his youngest son and many retired elderly veterans. As a result, they tend to field weak armies led by children and old men... but they're a Gourd House so you may not want to rampage all over them instantly. Alternatively, you may want to because Mouri will eventually decide to stomp on them again with predictable results.

Akashi Kazemaru is the youngest son of Akashi's former Lord and a mixture of sad and determined to lead his people.

And we enter Turn 32 with some Rance-time. Rance explains...

Before he undresses and examines Sill.

One thing leads to another and +5 Satisfaction up to 67. Thanks, Sill!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2012, 01:23:54 AM »

I'm being careful not to do too much searching. With the Old Man and some of my better recruits, I can get a 25 Search Item in one go with four of them, but any more and I can't attack once + defend once. While we're here, the Mino Three option has 3G report that some former vassal lords are hanging out and you get some easy generic recruits.

Very easy. The Diviner has above average stats and starts off knowing Summon Ogre, which is an immediate ranged attack that deals magical damage and does not actually show off an Ogre. Still a great move. The Tactician has above average stats, huge Max HP and a great 8 Defense! The Warrior has above average stats and a peculiar 7 in Speed, along with knowing Shouting Charge, a slightly underwhelming move. Shouting Charge consumes two Action Flags and deals 120% damage while increasing your Battle Meter more than an identical attack would. It's basically best used... to score easy morale off an Unguarded target you can 1 or 2 shot, in which case you're probably already going to win because you've cracked the enemy's defenses. Still strictly useful, just not my favorite move.

I'll have to keep these guys in mind, they're better than most Generics. But none of them are Foot Soldiers...

The Murasame rules. We trade it to Ranmaru and pass her +2 Attack Golden Panda statue to Yanmato, giving us a great offensive boost. LET'S USE IT TO ATTACK UESUGI!

Oh Shit.

Alice Sound Collection Vol 8: Mars Arranged

I guess this was a short LP. See you all in Hell shortly.

Sengoku Rance OST - Gyorui Banzai!!

Whattaluckybreak!

Kenshin's retreat automatically wins you the first territory without a fight, so it's perfectly fine to send Rance solo to the offense instead of exhausting six of your best guys.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2012, 02:01:30 AM »

Between turns, Uesugi attacks me twice.

That's an incredible semi-unique Foot Soldier but after a few attempts to capture I get bored. I also discover that sometimes an easier enemy comp will be fielded. I can defeat this comp eaisly with Yoshikage's help to Guard Cancel and my double Miko Storms. I repel one but all my folks are exhausted and I lose another part of Texas, meaning that Uesugi now posses 2/3 of Texas and 1/3 of the Miko Land adjacent to it. I possess 2/3 of Mazo, her first province. This is exactly according to plan!

Uesugi is fielding a lot of strong semi-unique NPCs, but as for Kenshin herself...

Over in Mouri-land...

I guess that Curse as a Curse after all! And finally, Seigan pops up in Iga territory, a pretty good idea on his part. He must know how I feel about Gourd Houses.

Seigan vows to save the Blind Ritual Girl! But not her chastity.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2012, 02:08:16 AM »

Grabbing another treasure from a former Tenshi province. What an incredible piece! Double counter-attack damage doesn't sound like much, but it stacks with double/triple counter-attack passives that Foot Soldiers can learn and Foot Soldiers are naturally excellent at Counter-Attack exchanges anyway: a Warrior banging on a high Defense Foot Soldier with Guard Meter usually breaks even. Throwing this on Katsuie, he can now punish anyone that hits him, whether randomly trading blows or by having him play Guard. We pass the Pain Suppressing Helmet around, tossing it on Yoshikage for now, but I want another Foot Soldier unit to toss it on.

We go to take Uesugi's first province!

Another automatic win, achievable by sending Rance all on his lonesome to give Kenshin the jitters. We give Mazo's princess the jitters and Satisfaction up to 70. Taking Mazo denies Uesugi a border with Texas and Miko Institute, making it rather impossible for them to attack without reclaiming their former province. EXACTLY AS PLANNED. Like Mao said, trade land for people and land can be saved!

With my stats at 6/6/6/5 across Atk/Def/Int/Spd, I decide to stop holding back and appoint Rance an Elite Guard with my Satisfaction 70 bonus. This increases all of his stats by 1, which is why you want to cap as many at 6 as you can with Stat Textbook 1s. They're random drops from dungeons, battles and levies so don't sweat getting it perfect, but now Rance has 7/7/7/6 Atk/Def/Int/Spd. Outstanding! Turn 33 brought to an end.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2012, 02:31:51 AM »

Another two offenses from Uesugi. I'd be looking at a serious traffic jam on my turn efficiency if they had access to Texas right about now!

The Dragon-Fly Cutter in action. Warrior deals 80 damage and takes 60 in response and that's before Katsuie learns the Counter-Attack boosting passive.

Check out all the buff arrows from an 8 Intellect Tactician! God Damn!

She wears cat-ears so you know she's special in a Japanime game, Torako is a semi-unique generic Diviner. She makes it irritatingly difficult to catch her as she spams Guard Shikigami, but since I "solo'd" the last battle with Rance on offense I have an A-Team here to defend once. My B-Team can't quite cut it...

With good reason, as Ai will do the same thing Uruza just did for me.

Time for some more moe.

Trying to beat the Rance problem, Kenshin interviews with a meek fellow. No sale. We soon meet...

Uesugi Kensei, Kenshin's uncle.

SHE'S THE GODDESS OF WAR, DUDE! SHE LITERALLY MAKES MY ENTIRE ARMY PISS THEIR PANTS TO THE POINT OF DEMORALIZING EXHAUSTION BY HER SHEER PRESENCE!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2012, 02:45:38 AM »

Turn 34. We impose a levy on Mazo and get a +Def Textbook, which we use on Ranmaru for a 5 to 6 boost. We also give her a +3 Affection gift to get her to 7/7 Normal. Let's chat with her!

A mystery if I ever saw one. The next mystery is what to improve... Ranmaru can learn Charge, which is sacrificing a Flag and a Turn for +70% damage for the rest of the fight. Strategically useful, but not my cup of tea right now. We could boost her default melee to 110% damage, always a winner. She can learn Shouting Charge(2 Flags, 120% Damage, Battle Morale up), Side Attack(2 Flags, 100% Damage, enemy can't counter-attack), Light Attack(20% damage, stacks cumulative chance to capture enemy commander if they're KO'd), or Full Power Warrior Attack(150% damage, take huge counter-attack damage in return.)

Or we can learn a wide array of passives, including the "Luck" set, which gives us a 50% chance to start with a 50% boost to Attack, Defense, Intelligence or Speed, Defeated Warrior Hunt which gives us a passive chance to increase capture chance on hit, Merchant which will give us +5% gold earned every turn, Healthy Body will reduce her unit's Replenish costs to 1 per troop, Initial Battle Rating gives us a morale boost just for using Ranmaru in a fight, but what I'm after here is... Castle Siege Expert. Ranmaru now gains +40% attack(or all-stats? I can't recall) when fighting on a Castle stage. And Castles are super difficult fights to begin with, so a great boost. The equal option right now would be to get Warrior Attack 2 for extra damage all the time.

Our last Action Fan... WE DECLARE WAR ON TOKUGAWA!

The plan is to stall Uesugi while I carve up more small provinces and capture specific units to boost my army. Why? Because the second I drop Uesugi, Takeda will be on me like Rance on a school girl. Unfortunately, my need to provide a strong offense against Tokugawa(4 territories, 1 province) and to keep Uesugi from pushing me back will force me to handle this slowly and carefully, ideally with one attack per turn.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2012, 03:10:18 AM »

We're attacked by Tokugawa. Since we triggered that last Ranmaru cutscene, we get another as we send her and Katsuie into battle together...

He just likes kids! He'll be hers, damnit!

At first, Tokugawa fields an average army. Nice outfits, easy defense.

Recuperating back at Owari...

Imagine my disappointment when Suzume doesn't actually adopt them as sub-commanders or something.

Uesugi attacks!

Her unit comp is terrible and we can overpower her generics. Kenshin herself blew Commander Charge early on Maeda, who loses his unit but survives the battle to heal.

Our stalling game will be rather tricky now that Kenshin has returned to the battlefield.

Over at Mouri's...

The girls dote on Mouri, and he dotes on them.

NEW NEIGHBORS? Tokugawa's, at least.

Imagawa House is a single province nation of Hanniwa, the pot people of Japan. They are a pathetic army with no unique commanders save for the Hanny King. Hannys tend to be a little callously dumb, albeit earnest and eager.

I should also mention that I've used some gold to boost Katsuie to nearly 900 dudes and Isoroku to nearly 500 dudes.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2012, 03:25:34 AM »

Turn 35! I check my prison...

And find a Foot Soldier with 765(!) Max HP and 4s or 5s in all stats. That'll do, pig. That'll do. We recruit him and go launch an attack on Tokugawa land, which is front-loaded with a castle on the border.

Another underwhelming army. Isoroku is dealing 300 damage a hit to two enemies at once with her larger Stack and +2 Attack Item. Swank.

Frustrated, Tokugawa tries to forge an alliance with the Hannys.

The Hannys are distracted along the way. Two Action Fans left and I'm taking the Offense slow, so we'll talk to Katsuie twice, as he's at 5/7 Affection from random battles. First chat is a generic "I'm on my way out, see ya!", second one is a full cutscene.

I wager actually listening to him is relevant to Character Clearing him, as Katsuie and Ranmaru's Character Clears are exclusive from each other. But I yell

:getout:

And end my turn. Katsuie clears 7/7 Affection and can learn many things as a Foot Soldier. He can improve his Guard to Guard Plus or All Guard. Guard Plus doubles the rate at which he builds Guard, All-Guard halves it but will Guard everyone on the field. He can learn new attacks, such as Loot(80% damage, steal a small amount of Gold), Fellow Soldier's Revenge(Deal missing HP as damage) or Spear Attack(200% damage, 2 flags.) He could boost his attack to 120%.. but we want a passive and we're grabbing Counter-Attack 1, which doubles his Counter-Attack damage. Combined with the Dragon-Fly Cutter, dis gon be gud.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2012, 03:46:03 AM »

Ai attacks with a terrible comp and is repelled.

Turn 36 starts and Natori has hit 7/7 Affection, so we get a scene with her.

We fill her empty passive slot with Merchant(+5% Gold Earned Each Turn), as she doesn't benefit too much from anything else. 30% Max HP damage will always be 30% Max HP Damage.

Stompin' Tokugawa again.

Ah, there's a mercenary semi-unique from the Miko Institute. We don't catch her, though. After taking half of his land...

Tokugawa and his sons will start showing up in offense and defense and they're all very strong units. But I can also capture his sons! Fufufu.

The Hannys begin a random march towards Kyo.

And as I end my turn, Ai makes another terrible attack. Get it together! This stalling thing is going better than I hoped, we're already halfway done with Tokugawa House.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2012, 04:17:32 AM »

Turn 37 and we're gonna storm through more of Tokugawa's land... hunting for racoon dogs!

Ah, just the man I wanted to see. Sakakibara is a talented Foot Soldier with a lousy comp, easy to overpower.

A screen-cap of enemy Tacticians firing with their "Arrow Screens" out. I love these costumes. I got this while reloading constantly to farm a capture. This is a situation where I'd say savescum: it's very easy to simply attack twice and defend once and not capture any Tanuki commanders in the three battles to finish off Tokugawa House. You could take their first two territories and just stall as you go fight other wars, trying to pick them up on Defenses, but I'm on a time-table here. I see Hanzou and Sakai a few times, Hanzou's a middling Ninja unit but Sakai knows Assassinate and loves to use it, pretty irritating. Eventually I get lucky...

YES.

We recruit him from jail and immediately talk to him twice to get this New Game+ cutscene, where we learn that Tanuki love tempura! Rance decides to have some tempura on hand when we face Ieyasu. This ends my turn early but now I have four Foot Soldiers, three of which are competent. Sakakibara has 5s in most stats and 5 Negotiate/6 Construction so surprisingly he is no slacker. He also begins with the Auto Heal 1 passive, which regenerates a bit of health each turn much like Rance's passive. He also builds his Guard meter a bit faster since he's a unique NPC. A good Tanuki!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2012, 04:27:49 AM »

Another turn, another terrible Uesugi attack.

DO YOU EVEN MIKO?

However, Tokugawa takes it to the next level with two attacks.

Three Sons! Good Lord! It doesn't help that Honda and Ii are actually good fighters and I've got barely anything left...

This one would be doable if I had a spare Foot Soldier, but Sakaibara is Exhausted fresh out of prison... ::(:

Tokugawa has 2/3 of my Oil Fields. I have 3/4 of his home province. We shall soon see who is the boss.

As my turn starts, I get an automatic scene with my favorite Tactician.

Well. That's a conversation that happened. +1 Affection to Ikkyu.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2012, 04:58:47 AM »

It would appear that if you're a hot chick in that universe one of the few ways to 100% avoid being raped by Rance is to fall for him first and consent. So I guess Uesugi's got some powerful preservation instincts going on.

(cue someone reading this post out of context)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2012, 05:00:02 AM »

Turn 38 begins. Yoshikage has hit 7/7 Affection after our gifts and a random battle boost, so we chat with him.

And pass him the Merchant passive. I love the old man's club Yoshikaga and 3G have going on. Monks can learn some cool spells, but they're really esoteric and hard to appreciate. They also involve giving up Guard Cancel. +4 Turns? 300% damage to Youkai? No thanks. Time to finish Tokugawa before they take our land for reals!

Sengoku Rance OST - Advance On (v2)

LOOK AT THAT... BAD MOTHERFUCKER.

JESUS CHRIST HE ACTUALLY DOES 300 DAMAGE IN THIS ONE HIT!

And with his Sons backing him up, Ieyasu is a tough fighter and a surprise for anybody looking to rush Tokugawa House early. The final battle for Tokugawa is always fought against Ieyasu and his five sons, with a generic replacing any you capture. It's possible to farm all five out and leave Ieyasu with five generics, but remember, time-table.

Aside from my incredibly good Tactician(God Damn I love Zeth units), I focus Sakai down and weaken Ieyasu at the same time with Isoroku and Suzume, along with an Alpha from Ranmaru on Ieyasu. Suzume assassinates the generic Foot Soldier stack at 900 Stack, reminding me why I love her and exposing Tokugawa's front row.

I get the feeling the enemy comp was messed up when they had to force the generic in. Sakakibara would be a significantly tougher Guard for letting his Dad and Brother wreak havoc on me, and for some reason Ii is trapped in the back and unable to put that great Warrior Stack to work. We got Sakai before he could Assassinate anyone and Hanzou is a much weaker Ninja unit overall. The presence of two enemy Ninjas does make it improbable to use our 40% Combined Miko Storms.

Making sure to catch all the free Morale I can, I also knock out Honda to try and catch him... and I succeed. 100% Success, Tokugawa House down with flying colors! On my first try, too!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2012, 05:04:00 AM »

So I guess Uesugi's got some powerful preservation instincts going on.

That's a funny way to say Love. Did you not see those gleaming shark teeth?

We enter Tokugawa's castle...

New Game+ only. I also have the option to fight and kill him anyway in a Dungeon style boss fight. He's very tough... high HP and the ability to hulk out and wind slash a horizontal row. By recruiting Ieyasu, I'm passing on a hidden boon you get from conquering Tokugawa and not recruiting him. You can also, I hear, negotiate Tokugawa's surrender(30 Negotiate) and then have Ikkyu taunt him into suicide to vassal and then conquer the country without too much bloodshed.

We head to the prison to recruit Honda.

Hopy Smokes those stats. 6s in everything that matters to a Warrior, a passive for a chance to start with +50% Attack each battle, and Commander Charge ala Rance Attack. Honda is as tough as Rance or Kenshin! I impose a levy on Tokugawa's former province and call it a turn.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2012, 05:06:50 AM »

The Hanny Brigade marches through my land.

We can ambush and kill them or let them pass. I let them pass. It gets you a unique recruit later on.

For some reason, a lady travels with the Hanny brigade.

Elsewhere, Chinu picks mushrooms.

And the NEXT turn, we automatically recruit Ieyasu.

Hopy Smokes those stats. 5 Action Flags, 6s or better in the Warrior stats that matter, 6 Negotiate, incredible Dungeon Stats and he starts with Charge and Full Warrior Attack(150% damage, takes extra counter-attack damage in return.) Ieyasu also has a unique Dungeon move. He can use his Boss Mode Wind Cutter to damage a horizontal row of monsters. Fantastic!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »

I tossed Sakakibara a +Attack Textbook sometime, as all my units that matter at hitting things are already at 6 or better! I also discharge five losers from Prison and Pokkuru Rance to 49. Then I declare war on Hannyland.

Much like their individual encounters in dungeons, Hanniwa are terrible. They're immune to magic cast by Mages, Diviners and probably Stormin' Miko, but they deal pathetic damage by echoing sound waves out of their pottery bodies. Their stats are below average and the armies they field always have light Stack and the same useless composition. They can attack from the front and back row, but no Hanny can really protect the other so it's just 1-shots and 2-shots all over the place. You can't capture any Hannys and much like the Peasant, nothing of value was lost.

The Hanny have a visitor!

WHAT THE. IS THE HANNY KING IMAGAWA NOT WHAT HE SEEMS?

They're not immune to arrows shot by Stormin' Miko, so I'm using 6 unit comps to boost the Max HP of as many troops as I can. If I wasn't in a hurry I'd consider squatting Hannyland just for the risk-free Defenses.

Honda rules so hard. He hits like a truck and Commander Charge is an incredibly rare ability that can't be taught except in Rance's case. With my 100% yield from the Tokugawa invasion, I've doubled my army's ability to attack and defend by adding so many capable Warriors and Foot Soldiers to my hilarious army of paper-thin ranged guys.

One Fan to declare war, two Fans to seize 2/3 of Hannyland. This nation really is just a bunch of jokers and free land/Max HP. I believe Takeda will eventually conquer them after a loooong time.

Realizing the end is near, the Hanny grow desperate.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16