Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Strong Arms of The Law: Labyrinth's High Society Ball (Week 3-2)  (Read 12283 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile

The building that the High Society Ball will be held at is the Arms of Kord, a massive and over-bearing temple crafted of decorative stone on the outside, and then with sheets of metal brought in and built up into a barracks and temple inside the stone. Colossal flexing arms encircle the outer garden where a few rare types of dark-hued flowers bloom. It isn't that busy an area despite the upcoming event and only has casual attendance and worship.

Maxmaps

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Strong Arms of The Law: Labyrinth's High Society Ball
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 06:07:20 PM »

Ragjen, on temple duty, was there to familiarize himself with the templegoers as a whole and to keep a hopefully discreet eye on the activities of its followers. This was a duty that the dragonborn partook in rather often, going into all manner of churches, temples and other divinely inspired buildings to both bolster and strengthen alliances with other faith as well as to make sure that nothing horribly evil was taking place.

He walked through the dark flowers and stared at the giant stone arms, hoping that the welcome within would be a bit friendlier than the overall mighty looks of the building.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:25:01 AM »

Stepping inside things are nice and well-cleaned, but still a strict and foreboding aesthetic. The first room has no desks or anything, simply a line of benches along the wall and several open hallways. After several minutes, a plainly robed Minotaur fellow comes to inquire. "Greeting, sir. What can I help you with today?" A simple white robe with an emblem of Kord(a fist grasping a sword with a lightning bolt for a hilt) and carrying a broom, he seems to be a very simple and low-ranking follower.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »

Morgiana returns from a brief jaunt to the local wizardry boutique with a Hallucinatory Image ritual, having spent 3,000gp on the spell and components (thankfully, the ritual's in her book now).

"Mr. Jeeves?" she says politely, catching the butler. "Where are Sir Bertram and the young Master Chadwick about?"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »

Sounds like you're meeting up with the others, I suggest doing so at the Hotel Daedalus in this thread.

Jeeves and Bertram are currently unavailable, but you can meet with Chadwick at the Hotel.

Maxmaps

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »

Ragjen respectfully bowed his head towards the man after a quick scan of the room. "Just quiet meditation and getting to know the temple, is all." The dragonborn smiled at the minotaur, checking every detail for hidden weapons or anything that looked particularly out of place. "Getting ready for the event, I'm guessing?"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Strong Arms of The Law: Labyrinth's High Society Ball (Week 3-2)
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »

"Yes, I am.. but.. hmm." He looks you over. "A cleric of Pelor?!" He throws his arms out... casting his robe off... under it he is wearing a loincloth and nothing more. His arms are shaved at the biceps and tattooed with matching emblems of Kord. He embraces you in a bear hug. "Brother! How glorious it is when the Sun shines upon our feats of strength! I welcome you to the Temple of Kord and I praise the sun! May you honor us at the Ball tonight!"

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 05:39:45 PM »

Stepping outside, Azura feels first for the stilettos in her hair, and then palms her bow so it's brushing against her hip as she walks. The fresh(ish) air brings her to a state of heightened senses, in much the way she feels on a hunt. It crosses her mind that any number of people could be watching her, wondering what sort of occasion brings a halfling, a kobold, and a young minotaur out on a morning stroll. Could it be so easy for Dr. Quint to bribe any number of these souls to give away the whereabouts of Master Chadwick?

Azura Perception Check

1d20 +26
14 + 26 = 40

A scan of her surroundings soothes her thoughts. It would appear that very few are paying them any mind. A thought crosses her mind anyway, and she touches Chad's arm, and looks at him with all seriousness, and drops her voice to a whisper.

"I'm going to call you Thatcher. Respond only to that name for the day. Understood?"

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »

Maxi wakes up for the next day, puts on his best armor under his best clothes, has his mother do his fur into a very nice formal... ahrm.... french braid... from his forehead to the back of his head and then, kissing his mom on the cheek he sets out for the day. Off to see if he can get there a little early to scout out the ballroom before the main event.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »

Karvan follows Azura into the area, still carrying a mug of ale as he does. He cuts an imposing figure, still completely armed and armored and not attempting to hide it. He strolls along, coming up behind them and growling, around the half biscuit he's eating, "So, I take it we're looking for a way to keep the boy safe? Well, you don't have to worry about much. I'm told he's wanted alive. So, you know, as long as he stays around us we should be able to afford him protection." He finishes his biscuit downs his ale and then strolls along, "Although, I guess calling him by a different name would be useful, we should go to the ballroom first, get to know the lay of the land." He grabs Chadwick around the shoulders again and leans in, his grin vicious and almost evil as he says, "Not that someone's gonna hurt you lad! I'll rip the lungs out of anyone who tries to."

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »

Attica finds her way to the temple after scrabbling through more maze than she'd ever wanted to see in her life. After seeing the ridiculous device Quint used on the train, she expects something similar if he attacks the temple and pokes around to see if there's anything notable that the temple uses that might be disrupted, as well as checking the exterior of the building to see what damage a solid bolt of lightning would do (without actually calling down any lightning).

Code: [Select]
Attica Arcana
1d20 +11
16 + 11 = 27

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 01:04:47 PM »

Maxi: As you head into the city proper you feel eyes upon you... a series of inconsequential events one after another... the help at an inn dumping a chamber pot out the back and following you with their gaze as they do so... a beggar dropping a coin as he accepts it and following it as it rolls up to your feet, looking you in the face as he retreats with it... a hand on your shoulder from behind pulling you back as you get within eyesight of the Temple. The mummified Minotaur man from the tavern gazes down at you from the shadowy mass that should hold his eyes and speaks solemnly, his voice deep and monotone. "Gnoll... are you ready for the operation? Hssskk... you snoop around... is there anything you want to share with me?"

Azura and Karvan: Veihj insists on stopping at the Blacksmith before you arrive at the Temple. He follows you with a hefty bundle of items, carrying it with both hands proudly, determined not to let it drag along the ground or anything but refusing to shoulder it on his back like a common load. Scouting the Temple of Kord before the event gives you a picture perfect view of the layout. The bottom floor is a massive, wide open area fit for a ball room and the followers have been working all day to bring in tables, chairs and decorations... as well as to clean some recent blood stains off the floor and cover scratches and small craters with thick rugs. It seems that in accordance with Kord's belief in strength the chamber is usually used for intense sparring sessions. The bottom floor is ringed by two sweeping stair-ways that rise up to a second floor that hangs over everything. There are a few box seats protruding from the walls over head and if you head back into the Temple proper you can find single-file stair-ways that lead up to them. They also continue up to a dustier and worse-kept series of tunnels around the "top" of the Temple... since the Temple is built into solid rock, there's not really a feasible roof. But they have access tunnels going over everything just in case.

Morgiana: You gain a +10 Bluff check to Impersonating Chadwick for your Succubus and impersonating his date for you due to spending a significant chunk of the day observing his mannerisms.

Attica: Everything is made of stone and lightning will have very little effect. You know, on the architecture. The building is carved into solid rock so aside from the front wall of it everything else is very inaccessible.

First Floor

|_________________________|
|.........................|
|=.......................=|
|.[.].................[.].|
|..[.]...............[.]..|
|...[.].............[.]...|
|....[.]...........[.]....|

|_ Walls
. Floor
= Edge of Balcony above
[ ] Stairs(Outlined by Handrails, Provide Cover from all direction, DC 15 Athletics to Climb/Jump at full speed, Northern-most set is 5 feet above ground and rises by 5 feet every square further... Southern-most would be 20 feet above ground.)

Second Floor
|.[v].................[v].|
|.[.].................[.].|
|#.......................#|

[v] Stairs leading down to First Floor(hit the v and map-change)
# Tables stocked with food

Third Floor

|_........[.....]........_|
|.]........_____........[.|
<.].....................[.>
|.]........*****........[.|
|_.........*****........._|
|.]........*****........[.|
<.].....................[.>
|.].....................[.|

> < Doors (exit box seat, Dungeoneering Check to arrive at 2nd Floor. Result 1-19 = 2 Turns Result 20+ = 1 Turn)
] Box Seat Edges, can be leaped from as part of move action. 60 feet above First Floor, 40 feet above 2nd Floor.
* chandelier

Maxmaps

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »

The dragonborn spent some time shooting the shit with the old man, asking about the state of the temple and the church, happy to have someone both recognize his as a cleric and respect the connection between the virtuous gods. After excusing himself for a 'meditative walk' around the temple, Ragjen took the opportunity to snoop around every little room that he could gain access to alone. "Come on let's not find anything... just a calm temple full of sports and muscle nuts please..." He muttered, walking down the hallways.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »

Karvan examines the place thoroughly and then asks Azura, "So, what we looking for? I don't know much about kidnapping people. If I was gonna do it I'd just beat us in the head and steal him." He grins a bit and continues to look around.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 10:09:51 PM »

"Eh, I feel a little foolish for introducing myself at the Sydney manor last evening, but other than that no. I went by their hotel last night but I couldn't find out much else other than pretty much every one of these 'heroes' will be at the ball tonight. We might be in for more than we can handle... but that's why the money is this good I guess." He shrugs and adds a little off-handedly, "Anything you'd like to tell me?"

Mrs. Awesome

• nee Spectacular
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 08:42:43 AM »

Azura waves the group outside the door, and stands upon a large boulder to look about the surrounding area. "Well, ideally, I want a place away from here to hide him. I have camouflage paints in my bag we may need to use if it comes to it. Some sort of cave, perhaps, with only one entrance that I can stand guard in front of, but not too far that if there is trouble, it's only a short run for Veihj to alert the others."

Azura Nature Check

1d20 +18
18 + 18 = 36

"I...think I see something. Come, this way," she says, waving an arm to the others to follow her, and trapes due west of the door a couple of hundred yards. What she finds is your call, Doomers.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »

Maxi: The Mino-mummy extends a hand down to you, a single finger raised. Sitting on it is a cute little naked woman the size of the finger, with delicate wings like a dragon-fly's and chitinous extra arms and hip/shoulder armor bits like an angry spider. She has a demure elegance and two mouths... the normal humanoid one and what look like rows of serrated, circular teeth starting at her chin and vanishing under the bottom of her head. "Hsssk... this little one will tell you when to move for the attack. Her sisters... feel each other... be careful.... Dogs are known clods.... hsssk..hssskkkk...hskkkkk." Laughter or rasping? He steps away to end the meeting.

Azura: In some of the space reserved for expansion of the temple(a project started long ago yet mired in politics ever since) there is a massive open-ended natural cave bit with some man-made alterations, such as walk-ways carved into place over a flowing underground river. This would be an excellent fall-back location but it won't allow you any access or positioning at the Ball itself. Your review of the Temple suggests that you could hide in one of the sky-boxes or in the rafter access tunnels and keep an eye on the actual Ball along with close contact with Fools-Errant.

Ragjen: Wandering around and peeking in doors at random tends to uncover a lot of cultists. You're not sure why, maybe they're all just a little too arrogant. You peek inside a barely open doorway to the fanciest looking hallway and spot a tall, powerful looking Minotaur woman kicking back at a desk, her hooves crossed on top of it as she leans back in a chair. White chocolate fur, curled ram horns and the sort of loose, flighty outfit the Kordites seem to favor in white with sky blue outline: a long flowing robe-skirt and a tight tub-top bandage wrapping illustrated with a tapestry-style image of a minotaur crushing a dragon's skull between both hands. You know, something typically Kord. She has a "bottle"(Minotaur-sized would be a small keg in this case) of spirits popped open and is getting righteously sauced.

Maxmaps

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »

Ragjen smiled and bowed profusely before the woman, nothing like a drunk to get information regardless of the situation. "Share a drink or three with a fellow holy man?" He asked as he walked into the room, trying to look as radiant and pelor-like as he could, yet still being cautious as he could just be barging into someone or something he did not want to meet alone and unprepared.

sentrygun

• let's adventure~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 05:40:20 PM »

Disappointed by the boring layout of the main temple, Attica slinks off to the side and jumps up, as a cat, to climb up and poke around the upper part of the structure. Perhaps with it being a temple there might be high windows or other methods of access that might be exploited by intruders?

Code: [Select]
Attica Stealth to avoid being spotted

1d20 +18
20 + 18 = 38

Attica Perception to spot out any interesting features

1d20 +6
1 + 6 = 7

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 12:47:44 PM »

(I honestly don't know if I was just handed like, a statue or a small fairy but either way...) Maxi looks for a safe spot to secure away the small scary looking thing on his person and thinks to himself that this might complicate things come show time. Either way he enters the ball (if its going on now) or busies himself doing not much until it starts up enough for him to enter with the other high society families.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13