Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: You Sunk My Wolfpire!  (Read 16259 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: You Sunk My Wolfpire!
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2012, 07:19:08 AM »

I know I said 24 hours, but I meant "slightly more than 24 hours."

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »

Day 2

All hands are accounted for.  All intelligence reports should have arrived by now; PM me if you think you should have gotten something and did not.

It takes 8 votes to fire the cannon.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »

So the ship can now theoretically be anywhere up to space 4.
The bads profit most from making the game last as few turns as possible, but the special extra move is probably something they want to save for a trump card.
So I'm leaning to G:3 unless anyone wants to volunteer new information.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »

This game is fucking weird, because there's no way to get any information. I guess we just mass role claim, the manstabber kills the person most useful to us, and then yeah?

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »

I cannot think of a reason for everyone to role claim right now. I do not think anyone should role claim unless they've acquired some useful info about the boat.

THE MAD KING

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2012, 09:21:09 PM »

Well, THE MAD KING is not trying to say THE MAD KING's role right now, but THE MAD KING is trying to say that hey Classic, maybe THE MAD KING and his loyal cohorts should try to get some better echolocation on areas THE MAD KING's entourage didn't just cover, or at least if THE MAD KING's people are going to overlap, try to get a little more broad a picture.

THE MAD KING

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2012, 09:23:41 PM »

Thinking for a moment, THE MAD KING is confused as to why you two are acting like we definitely don't have any information. Perhaps we should wait to hear from some echodudezzzz before we start making bold decisions like shelling an area we just covered?

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »

So the ship can now theoretically be anywhere up to space 4.
The bads profit most from making the game last as few turns as possible, but the special extra move is probably something they want to save for a trump card.
So I'm leaning to G:3 unless anyone wants to volunteer new information.

Why space 4? I thought its top speed was two spaces. Oh right, the Naughty Captain.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2012, 09:29:06 PM »

I don't understand what we're supposed to do other than role claim. We are literally shooting entirely in the dark without at LEAST a few people roleclaiming. And then they get killed by the manstabber.

Kazz, seriously, is there some facet of the rules I am missing? Because I don't see how this is possible for innocent victory. The wolves can just drive straight through.

i.e. wolves start in mid, go straight 2 turns each turn OH NO RADAR GUY KNOWS THEY'RE GOING EAST game over in five (four now) turns

It just seems like with literally no public information, there's no way for innos to win.

James Edward Smith

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2012, 09:30:22 PM »

Well, I think The Lieutenant should take a stab at forming a voting block.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »

He can only use his power 1/game. Otherwise yeah, he should.

James Edward Smith

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2012, 09:43:38 PM »

Yeah, but if he hits one of the wolves he kills them. They all have pretty good powers, so I think he should just use it as soon as possible.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »

I said as much yesterday, yet no wolves died.
Perhaps I am secret king of a 2-man voting bloc!
Mwah ha ha!

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2012, 10:30:44 PM »

echolocation on areas THE MAD KING's entourage didn't just cover, or at least if THE MAD KING's people are going to overlap, try to get a little more broad a picture.

The central passage is still strategically sound and this is the kind of move I'd think would be really effective if I were a wolf-boater. It's possible I got bad intel, but this seems like as good of a choice as a few others.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2012, 10:58:51 PM »

What happens if everybody role-claims? If we knew exactly how many of each role existed, we could determine that all the players who claim roles that don't have mysterious "extra" players claiming them are definitely innocent. On the other hand, claiming roles gives the wolves perfect information about the game... and since we don't actually know how many of each role exists, we don't even get solid information about a few guaranteed non-wolves. Shame.

However, I think that the only way we win is by gambling. I'm gambling that I'm not the only Echo Guy in the room, so if I get shot, we still have the power available to us—but even if not, I suspect my information today is more useful now than what I might get in the future.

There was no ping yesterday.

In other words, the ship did not start in any row from D down to J. If we assume the wolves are trying to get across as fast as possible, we can conclude they are in one of the following squares:

A3; A4
B3; B4
C3; C4
D3; D4
E3; E4

However, I agree that it seems more valuable to save their speed boost until later. I suggest we concentrate on column 3.

I'm going to suggest C3 for the sake of discussion.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

James Edward Smith

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2012, 11:19:36 PM »

Unless we hit the boat with that shot.

gahitsu

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2012, 03:35:19 AM »

Finally, a claim (but no way to verify it). Wouldn't the last possible location (assuming that information is correct) be F4 with the speedboost?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2012, 03:52:48 AM »

Unless we hit the boat with that shot.

Well, yeah. But if that happened, I suppose a sonar tech could either role-claim or contact me privately to get the info out; the point is, we need to find the ship ASAP, and I think it's far more likely that we didn't get close than that we nailed it first try.

Along those lines, I think we should try to maximize our information gain. While I still think there's a good chance we'll hit them from C3, another option might be to launch at either A3 or E3: these spots are both places the ship could be, while also letting us know if the ship is trying to sneak around using the opposite route (because we won't get a ping).
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2012, 03:56:22 AM »

Finally, a claim (but no way to verify it). Wouldn't the last possible location (assuming that information is correct) be F4 with the speedboost?

You're right. I forgot about the captain's boost while calculating N/S trajectory. That said, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go to F3 as it requires the speed boost while doesn't get them any closer to their goal, so there are 11 squares we should be concerned about, not 10.
Signature:

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2012, 04:59:48 AM »

If they're going to play corners, they're going to play corners. I vote A2 - I mean A3.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12