Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: You Sunk My Wolfpire!  (Read 16257 times)

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: You Sunk My Wolfpire!
« Reply #220 on: August 09, 2012, 11:13:51 AM »

The logic is that since we've now gotten the kill out of the way, if we have an index of our remaining assets we can seek out liars and information inconsistencies in such a way that neuters the ability of the wolves to lock down our play.
They are a minimum of 3 turns away (unless I'm forgetting something) but I don't think we really want to bring it down to a day 5 shot at the shore.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »

C6 because that is between B and D and 5 and 7

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2012, 08:30:55 PM »

Well, presumably if everyone role-claims that will make it very easy for the wolfpires to pick whom to mislead with their misleady-guy power. Unless they've used it already, I guess.

Also, if I were a wolfpire I would probably favor D7 over C6, because why would I still be dorking around in column 6 at this point, but also do we necessarily believe Classic about the zone in which the ship is?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »

It's possible that this info is wrong, yeah, but it's not like my binocular pal is a wolf, though they're nervous about making a role claim for fear that we've got enough unique powers in play that playing the game open is just going to give the wolves a better strategy to lock down the innocent reconnaissance machine. I believe that at this point we need to coordinate as publicly as we can to minimize the damage the wolves can do with their remaining night powers and maybe establish who the wolves actually are.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2012, 03:10:01 AM »

Hey guys, Kayma here. I am willing to vote for any square that anyone has any rationale argument for.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2012, 06:53:54 AM »

Fine. D7 for me, because nobody's apparently got anything better to go on than Classic's suggestion.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »

D7 doesn't seem that likely to me. It's on a direct course into the 10% reef and it would require the use of their one-time turbo boost. If they were going to do that why not go straight down to E7 and avoid having to make such a sharp turn? I think it's more likely they're trying to juke up to B6 and come down along the coast.

of course they MIGHT also be banking on the assumption that they'd want to put as much distance between themselves and the space where they got hit as possible, and have only moved into C5; if they still have their boost it wouldn't significantly delay their win...

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »

So today the obvious idea is that they would be using all their powers now since it's the one time we know where they are. However, if we hit them they're dead right now, and they have to stand still to repair. That and Caithness, known wolf, immediately voted for it.

I'm going C4 just so I can never stop laughing if we win today because of it.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »

I've let this farce go on too long.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

Aww.

It's a neat premise. I'm sorry to hear you don't think it's seaworthy.
Signature:

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2012, 05:14:49 PM »

Yeah, there just wasn't enough for people to do, and not enough concrete information going around.  Finding the identities of the wolves is usually the funnest part of the game, but it was not even important in this variant.  Even if I revealed all of them, the game would have run basically the same way.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »

As long as I get to say I won.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2012, 07:29:47 PM »

Does that mean it's time for my next game?

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »

Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »

So who were the wolves and where was the boat each day if you don't mind me asking?
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2012, 04:08:26 PM »

You are The Kraken.

You are secretly lurking beneath the waters of the harbor.  There is a battleship filled with delicious wolfpires above you, and consuming them will give you enough strength to finally destroy Sydney (your apparent lifelong dream).

You move through the sea at a blazing 4 squares per turn.  Each night, you'll discover the current distance between you and the ship.  If you ever enter the square that the ship is in (or passed through on that turn), you will grab it with your massive tentacles, stopping it in its tracks.  The innocents will then have one day to blast you with the cannon; if they hit you, you'll be killed.  If they miss, you eat the battleship and win the game (and everybody else loses).

basically my ability is all but certain to trigger (if nothing else I can just go to column J and patrol the 4 squares indefinitely) but completely pointless as the pirates just need to reveal where they are.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »

I was thinking that a good way to balance that would be whatever wolf that reveals the location would be killed upon the round hitting the ship at the end of the day, perhaps giving the wolf team an incentive to consider staying quiet. You know, if Kazz didn't decide that he didn't like the game.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »

So one wolf dying is as bad as weretiger winning?

Maybe after three turns the kraken takes over the ship and the wolves lose. They can attempt to dislodge it themselves with a low success rate or reveal their location for the insta-kill on it.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »

So who were the wolves and where was the boat each day if you don't mind me asking?

The other wolves were jsnlxndrlv, NexAdruin, Kayma, and THE MAD KING.

We started on A1, went down to C2, over to C4, stayed at C4, and then all the way to E7.

Classic lied about his Binocular Pal results because his powers were blocked but he didn't want us to know he was the Binocular Pal. Not only was this pointless (it was pretty easy to tell that his "source" was himself), it most likely would have lost the game for the innocents if it had continued to completion.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »

For the record I tried to get them to not sit on C4 and repair but they didn't listen so.

Edit: Post 1337 yay I am 14
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]