Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Looking at chicks makes you happy. Let's Play Earthbound!  (Read 23313 times)

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Looking at chicks makes you happy. Let's Play Earthbound!
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2012, 09:07:05 AM »

wait crap I forgot something.

This guy. This fuckin' guy.

First, someone asked me to dig for buried gold. I began to feel like I was obligated to find it. Man, am I starving.

We give him a half-melted peanut cheese bar. I mean, after wandering around in the desert, the cheese got all melty and we didn't want it anymore. It was more of a cheesy peanut ball. Maybe a lump.

RIGHT.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2012, 09:29:06 AM »

Best VGM 1112 - Earthbound - Fourside

since Mr. Geldegarde Monotoli hit the big time. It's been good for the city.

I bet I'll never get tired of retyping the name Geldegarde Monotoli.

...Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me...

Only those who are related to this project are allowed to enter.
APE Software Development Team)

That Snes isn't allowed to enter is a subtle hint in retrospect that he doesn't appear in Mother 3!

I heard he made a deal with a pure evil entity in exchange for power... you know... stuff like that.

I heard that a guy who looks like Monotoli has been hanging out at Jackie's Cafe. You know, the totally unpopular place. I heard he quietly goes in and out.

It was a bar in the Japanese version, but the censorship kind of makes sense -- kids aren't allowed in bars in the USA Eagleland!

Hello! Time to get up!! It could never happen! ... Well, actually that's not true.

I AM NOT GETTING DEFENSIVE!!!

This censorship makes sense only in the context that this is now a cafe, though.

Then I realized his schemes made my company go bankrupt. My house and land were taken away... Now I'm homeless. Monotoli didn't used to be so powerful. I want to find out his secrets, so I'm spending my time here, watching to see if he ever drops in.

I have no information or items to help you out. Don't you think it's natural for a guy like me to be here?! I enjoy the atmosphere here. By the way, let me quiz you. There are 5 apples. If you eat one, how many are left? 5 minus 1 is 4... so 4's left. ...Ah, it's not funny? Okay, here's another one... Master Pokey's maid Electra is "maid" to order...
...Oh, puns aren't funny either...

and I had to get to the bathroom fast! I accidentally knocked on the wlal instead of the restroom door... The next thing I knew, someone asked "Who is it?" and really surprised me! Maybe I just imagined it? ...

...are you a caveman?

Weep, weep... Lawyers, policemen, everyone that follows Monotoli! They're all his toadies! No matter how you fight him, you can't win! Yeah, yeah, I'm okay... just leave me here to cry into my cappucino!

located in the back alley of the department store.)

Like most urban-area enemies outside of Threed, the Annoying Revelers and Extra Cranky Ladies aren't much of a threat.

Well, this broken gadget looks interesting.

Maybe it's your place.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2012, 09:39:06 AM »

this department store began having strange happenings.

"If he were roaring, he wouldn't bother carving out 'Gwaargh!', he'd just say it!"
"Perhaps it was dictated."

Heh heh heh. That's our job, you know. Heh heh.

unattractive real estate agent. Now he has the power to control the police force. I don't think the city of Fourside is better than before.

If they found the gold, it would be worth a huge amount of money. They'd be able to pay off a million dollar debt very easily. If I were them, I'd go to Japan and live it up!

Novel.

To tell you the truth, I'm the owner of this bakery.

Hey, we read your sign out in the middle of the desert.

Thank you. Thank you sooooo much! It's our family tradition to keep things forever. ...Okay, I'll give you something as a reward. Here's my socks that I use only for special occasions. I've worn these socks for just five years. There are no holes, and they've only been worn once since the last washing. They stink a little... but they're still good. Hey, don't refuse me here...

The dirty socks stun one opponent in combat, and then they are gone forever. :shrug:

She's better than the Runaway Five. I'm totally bonkers about her...

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »

Huge!...

I wanna see a live dinosaur sometime in my life.

Don't ask for any details. Our research is continuing.)

...I'm Mr. Spoon, the academic researcher.

I wonder if there are any famous stars here today?

Dinosaurs...
Huge, aren't they? Well, that's all I've gotten out of my research! You wanna hear more? (Whispering) To tell you the truth... I heard that dinosaurs were found near the lower side of Scaraba, and there were lots of them. There are unconfirmed reports that the dinosaurs ate some of the natives there. If you go, please try to find the dinosaurs and bring back photographs.
Please come back again to study, 'cause I don't like being alone...

I heard the Topolla Theater is always full.

Seems worth a look.

You have to buy a ticket from the guy on the right, then open your inventory menu and select it to show to the guy on the left to get in. It's needlessly tedious!

What? Excuse me? No, no! This band owes me a million bucks. If they break their contract, they'll be in deep doodoo with the police. The police would probably say "Hey, you guys!" or something like that... Unless you're able to pay a million dollars on their behalf? You'd have to find buried gold, or you would never be able to pay such a huge sum of money. Ho ho ho... Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!

Guys I think I know what I have to do next.

Guys it kind of creeps me out that your keyboard player is never around.

We're stuck here on a phony contract. Oh yeah!

Yeah, it's another Runaway Five concert. Boring enough in-game, useless to screencap for this LP.

Good hole.

I can check out the dig while relaxing on the floor.

The food cart sells food. And wet towels.

I'm so curious about the dig. I can't help it.

So we head inside.

Mother 2/EarthBound Music - Save the Miners!
Just like the Dusty Dunes Desert theme playing outside is a remix of the Doki-Doki Desert from Mother 1, the tune in here evokes the Mt. Itoi base from the first game.

Lots of monsters appeared, so I couldn't proceed. There's 5 big moles...! If I beat the monsters, I can continue on. I think I have a bleeding ulcer from worrying too much. I'm helpless to really do anything.

Sure enough, this place is a labyrinth. It's two levels connected by rope ladders, and is full of paths that branch, merge, and switch back on one another. Getting lost is easy, finding all five targets is hard.

Gigantic Ants can, and often do, sting with a poison stinger to cause the status you'd expect from that kind of attack.

Noose Men are the weakest enemies here, capable of using some middling physical attacks and wrapping themselves around for a one-turn stun to one target. They can gang up on you and like to attack with Mad Ducks.

Thirsty Coil Snakes can poison you, too.

There are five masters in all. We are all moles, of course. I believe I'm the third strongest among us. Take your best shot!

This Guardian Digger starts the battle with Shield beta, reflecting some physical attacks back to the user. He has some strong physical attacks, bashing and slashing with his sharp claws, and can use Lifeup alpha to restore his HP or Shield beta to refresh his counter-shield.

He goes down in one blast of PSI Freeze, though. He's only the third strongest, though.

Flash Beta still causes Crying more often than not, but if it doesn't make an enemy cry, it might make them Feel Strange, Paralyze them, or defeat them outright.

If you get too lost, there are Exit Mice near the middle of the top level who, when used as an item, will return you to the entrance.

This magic butterfly spawned rather uselessly inside a wall.

This Guardian Digger has some powerful physical attacks, and can use some PSI to protect himself or restore HP.

But being the third strongest, he still goes down pretty easily to PSI Freeze.

The next Guardian Digger likes to slash with sharp claws or just bash your allies, and if you deplete their counter-Shield, they have PSI to restore it. But he falls easily to PSI Freeze, being third in line.

The next level of Lifeup fully restores one ally's HP.

Gufin picks up the next level of PSI Fire, too. Still an attack hitting one row.

This Guardian Digger plays defensively with a counter-Shield and the ability to restore his HP with Lifeup, but has no hesitation for slashing with sharp claws or just smashing you in the face.

He's susceptible to PSI Freeze, though.

We retreat to the nearby shed to rest. A few times, until 007 figures out what's what about this Broken Gadget.

the second-strongest master of this hole, the fourth strongest master of this hole, and the weakest master of this hole! I'm truly the third strongest master of this hole. Now you see the true advantage of being third!

Being third-strongest, this Guardian Digger will often slash with his sharp claws and bash while using a counter-Shield to protect himself. He's vulnerable to PSI Freeze, so it's only the third-most-difficult battle.

We head out, mission accomplished.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:02 AM »

We hoof it back to town.

I wonder where I go with this!

Again with this.

Earthbound- Runaway Five Last Show
YOWZZAAA! A beautiful woman! *wolf whistles and pounds on the table*

I missed her 'cause I went to the bathroom. I'll hate bathrooms for the rest of my life.

I should dump this sorry excuse of a man and become a Runaway Five groupie.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »

Guess what reopened while we were tooling around in the desert like tools.

Humoresque of a Little Dog - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I've always felt that this version is severely lacking in bicycle horn.

Nope, we been there already.

I guess it's just a mouse's sixth sense...)

In a side room, we find another black-market guy with a jetpack, like back in Threed. The weapon 007 fixed while we were beating up Guardian Diggers is better than the Hyper Beam (not that we have turns to waste recovering from using that move anyway), but Big Bottle Rockets are up to five times more powerful than regular Bottle Rockets. 007 picks up several.

The bakeries and burger joints offer pretty much the same stuff, except Double Burgers are on the menu now.

The sporting goods shop is equally disappointing. On the other hand, 007 fixed his own weapon, Snes is still using the overpowered T-Rex Bat, and Gufin's attacks are kind of useless no matter what. We've found better armor (Platinum Band, Mr. Saturn Coin, Coin of Slumber) in the caves and dungeons, too. So I guess an equipment upgrade isn't really feasible here.

Yeah. The Department Store's kind of useless, so we leave.

what the?!

Some green thing rushes us!

And rushes away ... with Gufin! :ohshi~:

Gufin's gone. Kidnapped. Um, again. We truck on without her.

Into random encounters. The lights are out, but the escalators still work -- only now there are lots of enemies spawned on every floor.

Scalding Coffee Cups spill espresso all over the place every turn, damaging everyone in the party.

Ouch! It's hot!

Crap.

Mystical Records are physical attackers, while Musicas try to put the party to sleep with their music and open up with electric attacks. Both Snes and 007 were asleep when this battle was won -- the Musica used PSI Thunder beta, which reflected off the Franklin Badge and zapped it to death.

Snes and 007 make a break for it, taking advantage of the brief mercy invincibility after a fight to get away from the rest of the enemies. Seriously, partywide status and HP attacks when my party is one member short? This place is nasty.

What odd punctuation.

This department store is gonna be your grave! Gwaaagh.

Apparently the Department Store Spook is kind of a nasty opponent! He can use PSI Fire, Freeze, Brainshock, and Lifeup alpha, and Magnet omega (to make sure he always hits Snes with it, I guess).

However, I did not know this, because one Big Bottle Rocket did 575 of his 610 HP.

Master Giygas will avenge me...

Where the hell were you people?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »

I wonder if someone was fighting.

And so on.

Well, that was quick.

You can give him anything. I'm pretty sure I gave him the pair of dirty socks from the bakery.

Aren’t you Ness…? …I can’t see too well… Everything’s blurry…You are Ness, aren’t you? It’s me, we met in Twoson… Everdred from Burglin Park. You must remember. I’m the best thief around. That… Carpainter in Happy Happy Village was hiding something… *wheeze, wheeze*… strange.

I stole it, and thought about selling it in the big city… An old, city-wise man called it Mani Mani. It’s a strange-colored, doll-looking thing. …Ohh… *wheeze*, I’m in pain.

…and ….. Monotoli tricked me and stole it… from me! He tricked a thief! He wanted me out of the way because I know his secret… He gets his evil power from that statue!

…Listen! I’ll tell you only once. At the cafe, check… behind… the counter… …*Gasp*… I said I’d tell you only once… But if you insist, I’ll tell you once more… …*gasp, gasp* Do do do you wanna hear it again?

We spare the poor man from repeating his long, wheezy story.

…Before I go, here’s my last haiku poem:

When on your way out / Be sure that you say goodbye / then lock the door tight.

This is my final request… Don’t follow me. I must be on my way…

Everdred takes a minute to scare the crap out of the two middle-aged ladies on his way out. Boogum!

How about we check behind this counte--

eerrrrr...??

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2012, 08:45:52 AM »

Earthbound - Moonside Swing

Hmm. It's all neon.

...what?

...what?

This is Moonside.

A random encounter! Inside the bar cafe!

With a gas pump! Robo-pumps are kind of like Tonberries, or perhaps Bahamut, from Final Fantasy. They have scads of HP, and count down from three to one. Once they hit one, they throw a bomb that damages your whole party.

It makes perfect sense in Moonside.

As far as anyone can tell, it's this enemy, and not the countless musical references, that keeps the game from being rereleased stateside. Apparently Dali's work -- including "Persistence of Memory" -- is mired in some nasty legal issues, so. :shrug:

Teleport!

Yes, you will. No you will... not. Yesno, you will won't.

(He messes up the yes-means-no no-means-yes answer scheme of Moonside, here. Maybe his brain is just that fried.)

NOW IS NOT THE FUCKING TIME DAD

Enraged Fire Plugs have fewer HP than Robo-pumps, but are more likely to use partywide attacks every turn. Their giant spray of water really hurts!

The color, the smell, the taste, the texture... Hey you, you're drooling!

Braaaaaaains...

Don't even think about getting past me, 'cause you aren't with a guy whose eyebrows are connected and who has a gold tooth.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2012, 08:53:55 AM »

I just love sharpening. You don't want me to sharpen?
Sidem oonsi demoon. Welc welc omewelc omeome.

Wwwweeelcome come to Mmmmmoooonsiddeee.

In Moonside people normally stand by the street and take coins to allow parking meters to leave their cars nearby.

Huge!...

You like bones? Bone bone bone.

Shouldn't you be blocking the exit from Magicant in some other game?

Bring it, tough guy!

Oh. You're another teleporter.

For whatever reason, it's talking to people like this that makes me forget the Moonside answer reversal. Answering "no" here prompts the usual barrage of explanations about how to revive from unconsciousness or cure a cold.

In Moonside, acupuncturists get to sit at their own desks while licensed M.D.s have to stand in the corner.

Easily-missed equipment upgrade.

Before the knife gets rusty, we must care for Mani Mani.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »

Despite where the pointer is when I took this screenshot, I answer "no". Which of course means "yes". Welco welco meto lcome to Moonsi Moonsi onside.

Oh. Hmm.

Well, you're not gonna find one! So, get out of my face, loser... I have no patience when people interrupt me while I'm busy doing nothing.

...and he teleports us to the hotel.

There's something interesting about you, so I'm going to follow you. Don't worry, though... Heh heh... If you get into a fight, I'll stay out of it...

Yeah, we're kinda beat up from all the Enraged Fire Plugs and... well, mostly the Enraged Fire Plugs, so we rest for the night.

Here in Moonside, it's always the middle of the night. This is a headline from tonight's Moonside Press... "Mani Mani is always Mani Mani at Mani Mani with all Mani Mani Mani"

Give me a smile! Heh heh

Huzzah! You really surprised me! You're the man whose eyebrows are connected and who has a gold tooth! How about we dump these kids and go get something to drink?!

Ah, young love.

Hey, you're--

Suspiciously specific.

And he vanishes.

I totally forgot to get it before I came to Moonside, but if you use the Pencil Eraser here the game will snarkily ask "Does this really look like a pencil to you?"

Evil Mani-Mani can use Magnet and Paralysis alpha, as well as emitting a pale green light that neutralizes any stat buffs or debuffs you have in place. He doesn't attack often, but doesn't have to -- he'll occasionally bust out Flash omega, which might cause crying, feeling strange, or paralysis -- or instant KO.

Thankfully, the Night Pendant we picked up and equipped earlier protects against Flash, making this a kind-of-easy battle anyway.

We bust out the big guns.

:fuckyou: :fuckyou:

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »

(The illusion device was destroyed.)

The Mani Mani doesn't just create illusions, it's a focus for Giygas's evil power. Liar X. Agerate unearthed it from beneath Porky's house. Somehow it ended up in Happy Happy Village, where Carpainter -- and Porky -- used it to hypnotize people into painting the world blue and other presumably-evil deeds. Everdred stole it and took it to Fourside, and Porky followed, where Monotoli stole it from Everdred in turn. We found it hidden in the back room of Jackie's Cafe and busted it up, so that's that.

One interpretation of all this is that Porky is only such a douche because he was living on top of a focus of an evil alien entity, warping him and his parents into the thoroughly vile and reprehensible people we all know. If the Mani-Mani were buried fifty feet to the right whenever and however it got under Onett in the first place, Snes would be the villain and Porky the hero.

... maybe.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »

(Were you daydreaming?)

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, receiver phone!

I've come up with another wacky invention that I think has real potential. Maybe you won't, but anyway... it's called the "Gourmet Yogurt Machine". It makes many different flavors of yogurt. The only problem is, right now, it can only make trout-flavored yogurt...
So, I'm having the machine delivered to you via Escargo Express. It's coming "Neglected Class". Hopefully, you'll get it soon. Yeah, everything is...
(Kaboooom!)
Uh, I'vegotsomeproblemsheregottago, bye!

A monkey...

...runs into the wall and chars itself. Um.

Keke ku iokki kokyo
(I can't remember if we've met.)
Kyu ukki ukki ko
(Talah Rama just finished fasting)
Kyu ukyo uki
(and now wants to meet you)
Uko uke kauike
(at the west end of Dusty Dunes desert)
Kekoi kiko ukkeke
(in a cave with lots of monkeys.)
Kokyu uke ku akki
(I'll use my teleportation to...)
Kya
(Bye!)

Oh boy, a bunch of monkeys with really obnoxious speech patterns. This'll be a hoot.

The monkey runs back and forth across the screen a couple times. :shrug:

*Crunch*
Ooops!
...Greetings!
(It's Escargo Express's neglected class.)
Whew! I just got here from the Dusty Dune desert. There was this sunbathing guy, and he told me about a cave with lots of monkeys... or was it orangutans? Anyway, he said... well... uh... I forgot. Yep, I forgot... actually I forgot the stuff I was supposed to deliver, too. I think it was some weird machine to make trout-flavored yogurt. Yeah, I forgot it at the desert... I'm not going back that way, so don't ask me to get the package... I mean, it's your package, right? So YOU go get it! Go on, get out of here. Maybe that thing I forgot is important to you... So... have a good time in the desert!...

WHAT NOW

I'm a maid who serves Mr. Monotoli, and I'm looking for trout-flavored yogurt to give to our special guest. If you know anything about it, please tell me! I've been searching and searching...

Not that I'm super-eager to go into the monkey caves, but hell, can I go do anything else but listen to you people yammer for a little while?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »

Not that there's any indication anywhere that we should, but we buy a Picnic Lunch and a Skip Sandwich.

EarthBound (SNES) Music - Monkey Caves

Two monkeys block the doorways further in.

Yes, this is the whole dungeon. A bunch of forking paths, blocked by monkeys who demand an item of you.

Most of the dungeon is self-contained, but two monkeys want a pizza and several want hamburgers. If you give some of those items out in the wrong order, it's possible that the way to the items you need is blocked and you have to hoof it back to Threed or Fourside to get something. Remember, Escargot Express and Mach Pizza do not deliver to the Dusty Dunes Desert!

Actually, we fought an Annoying Reveler on the way out of Fourside who dropped one, so we do some minor sequence breaking here.

Give this monkey the first pizza.

Okay, so I guess the monkeys who want hamburgers all guard items at dead-ends. Items you get to keep!

Some Tough Mobile Sprouts and Struttin' Evil Mushrooms are in the cave corridors, but Grapefruit Falls was a long time ago. We instawin against them now.

Yeah, it evolves from Dragonair, which is pure Dragon-type.

A bizarre non-sequitur lands us a Fresh Egg. We have to find our way through the maze to the monkey who wants it before it hatches.

Like a boss.

If enemies set up shields or start junking around with Offense up or Defense down, 007 can undo those things.

This is the last item you need.

Didn't bring the Pencil Eraser? Why would you? GUESS YOU'D BETTER GO BACK TO THREED AND GET IT HUH

Man, fuck the monkey caves.

Forewarned is forearmed and forearmed is half an octopus.

The obnoxious Monkey Maze music cuts out here, but damned if I can find the track that plays while Talah Rama is talking. :shrug:

Truth speaks through space and matter and makes itself known to human beings. I was waiting for you, and you came. This was destined to happen. In truth, all is pre-determined… Snes, Gufin, 007, and Shit, when these four powers gather, twisted space will bring back peace to the world. Do you understand? It doesn't matter. Proceed as you wish. Open the treasure box and take what is inside with you.

We do once he stops talking. There's a Brain Food Lunch (full HP restore, condiments irrelevant) and a Cup of Lifenoodles inside.

Someone left it behind in this hole.

I'll give you a special skill that will help you move through space as you wish. Learn the skill from that monkey over there...

Oh, but before we go, one more hamburger nets us...

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »

He runs away!

He comes back!

Teleport alpha requires you to have kind of a lot of distance to run in a straight line before it sweeps you off to your destination. If you run into something while building up speed, you burn out and don't go anywhere.

But this wide, straight avenue without any traffic is as good a place as any, so we teleport to Fourside.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2012, 05:46:48 AM »

Bonus info!  If Paula happens to be carrying the Pencil Eraser, after you beat the alien at the department store, then Tracy will call you, and tell you that Paula sent the pencil eraser to Escargot Express.  I'm not sure, but I think that EE will attempt to deliver it free of charge soon after.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2012, 10:15:39 AM »

If I catch you boys doing anything, I'll arrest you -- no questions asked! Be prepared! Got it, Snes... Ha ha ha... I've already checked out your name...

What? You have a "Yogurt dispenser"?

Hell yeah I do. :suave:

...You are so kind, I'll make some for you. My room's on the 48th floor. Don't forget to drop by!

I'll invite you next time. Hey, wait... Do you even know what solitaire is?

I'm gonna beat the crap out of that Monotoli guy and save my ladyfriend!

It goes directly to the 47th floor. Quit staring at my hips... why don't you stand somewhere else instead of behind me?

Busted... Snes turns the other way and stares at the wall for the rest of the elevator ride.

It's okay to visit him here, but don't wander around the building. Someone might be suspicious of you and take a pot shot at you with a machine gun...

Correction: you were going to try to beat me up.

Never... satisfied... with... braaaaaains...

It's very popular among gourmets. Aren't you jealous that I get to eat such a tongue-tickling treat? Ha ha ha! "Trout-flavored yogurt"... Oooo, I can't wait! I'm starting to drool all over myself just thinking about it.

This would be a good time to crack Porky's skull open and save us some trouble later on, but that's not an option. I beat up the entire Onett police force, I can handle a couple security guards.

I'm Aloysius Minch, Pokey's dad. Due to my son's success, I now live the life of a rich man. "Every dog has its day..." That's the perfect proverb to describe me! HA! Haha! hahaha! hohohoho! GWA HA Ha Ha hahahaha! Hee ha haha hehe haha! Ha hahaha... *cough, cough, COOOOUGH!*
Ooo... my jaw is tired!

Mr. Monotoli's maid, Electra, told me about you. I'll take you to Monotoli's office on the 48th floor.

Even without being admonished, Snes turns the other way to keep from staring at elevator-operator butt.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »

Oh, a robit.

Uh... standing still for three minutes?

Oh.

Sentry Robots fire beams and bottle rockets, so they have a fair-to-high damage output. They can call for help too.

The building's full of them, too.

Master Pokey's cool!

A Japanese pun that doesn't translate. While the word choice could have meant "This gift is fit for a maid", it could also mean "This will be a good memory once you've died and gone to hell". In other words, Porky's a douche.

Snes takes a sniff, then decides 007 can have it. (Trout Yogurt restores about 30 HP. It pairs with the carton of cream.)

The Clumsy Robot can lose a gear and some bolts (does nothing), re-apply a bandage (does nothing), clean the area (does nothing), reel (does nothing), wobble (does nothing), want to go get a battery (does nothing), or eat a bologna sandwich (says it restores all his HP, but actually does nothing). He can stumble and fire a beam that solidifies one target for a turn. But if, by happenstance, he does his one attack move, he fires a missile that does crazy damage to the whole party (and makes the Robot dizzy, which does nothing).

He starts with a PSI Shield, so if you want to use PSI FUKYOU, have 007 neutralize it first. He's also more or less immune to Bottle Rockets.

He's somewhat open to paralysis, but I'm not sure if that actually blocks the dizzy missile. He never fired it while I pounded on him.

After you do enough HP damage...

"I flipped the switch, and it stopped."

Fun fact: the cutscene is triggered to play when the Clumsy Robot takes HP damage that drops it below 0 HP. If you set Snes and 007 up with counter-Shields and wait for the Clumsy Robot to fire a missile, it can bounce off of Snes's shield, trigger the cutscene, then bounce off of 007's shield and trigger the cutscene again before you win the fight. The Runaway Five storm in, turn off the robot, leave, storm in again, turn the robot on, switch the robot off again, and we all have a big laugh. Do ho ho.

WHERE IS YOUR KEYBOARD PLAYER

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »

Mother 2/Earthbound Music - Paula's Prison/Cabin/Theme

Ooh, ostentatious.

Monotoli runs off to hide... behind a twelve-year-old girl.

I've become so weak since I lost the Mani Mani Statue. I'm sorry I kidnapped Gufin. I haven't done anything to her. ...Gufin is a nice girl. Gufin. Return to Snes. I'm sorry I created so much trouble for you.

The most useless screenshot, but the person speaking changed so I figured what the hey.

I believed you'd come and save me.

Mr. Monotoli isn't really a bad person. Take some time to listen to him.

SNES - Earthbound - 054 - You've Got a New Friend

It attracts evil spirits and weakens your heart. The power scared me so much, I hid the statue in the warehouse at Jackie's Cafe. I often went there to pray.
Cryptic words appeared to me while I was in the illusion. Snes, your name appeared in the cryptic messages. "Stop Snes, and do so by your own hand." Or... "Don't let them go to Summers." Or... "Make sure they know nothing of the Pyramid"...
I don't fully understand the messages, but someone obviously doesn't want you to go to Summers. ...Evil... Giygas... or something... I could hear the name...
Anyway, the evil side would be in trouble if you visit Summers... Oh! On the contrary, you should definitely go to Summers, especially because they don't want you to make it there.

NOOOOOO!

Summers is located across the ocean. Take my helicopter. I'll open the door to my heliport.

The switch is in the bear statue, the only thing in the room not gilded or gold-plated or painted a gold color. Who would have thought?

Gufin, it's time we said goodbye.

Neato. I recognize this part from Super Smash Brothers.

Oh hey, it starts right up. That's convenient.

Yep, there it goes. Must be a good autopilot!

And... uh... it takes off without you too. wait hold on

Welp.

...figures.

Yeah, well... well... "HELI" is painted on that side of your helicopter backwards!

Douche.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »

Original Japanese was more "I hope he will be okay", indicating that perhaps the helicopter might have had some longstanding maintenance issues.

Great, Monotoli implanted a mind-control chip or something in your brain. You're probably a walking time-bomb or something now.

Oh, right. Your precognition. Never mind.

You want to get to Threed as soon as possible? We can take you to Threed in our tour bus.

Bitches, I can teleport now. Bet your bus can't go faster than INSTANT.

I'll get the bus and wait for you just outside the building...

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

I think I'm a real genius... In fact, I know I'm a genius. Why? Well, I have discovered the primary enemy of you and of all humanity.

Is it an alien named Giygas who came to Earth as part of an abduction campaign years ago, was raised by a pair of human abductees, then got angry when he found out his adopted father stole the technology that allowed psychic powers from his, Giygas', alien race and vowed revenge, only to be defeated when a group of kids sung his old childhood lullaby to him, and now returning to finish the job he started in destroying the world?

Because if so, we're way ahead of you, dude.

We have to fight and defeat this being... To do so, we need to invent a machine called the "Phase Distorter". I've got to find the wander scientist, Dr. Andonuts, and make the Distorter.

If by "wandering" you mean "wandering around the bottom floor of his lab in Winters", then yeah, that guy. He never leaves.

So, I may be gone for a while. Later... *click*

She says that no matter what answer you give.

I LOOK WHERE I WANT

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2012, 01:17:37 PM »

Once we get outside, we head to the Department Store. Remember, we unequipped Gufin before she got kidnapped and redistributed her gear to 007 and Snes.

RAILROADED WOO WOO

Mother 2/ EarthBound Music - Threed, Free at Last

I dunno, your bus music is pretty good.

Remember, though, we're on your side. When you're having at tough time, just think of our songs and imagine the Runaway Five singing somewhere far, far away...

"Far away from whatever trouble you're in, I mean."

By the way, why did you need to come back here? You must have forgotten some very important item or gadget here... How's that for a guess? Am I close? Well, you don't have to tell me... See you later and good luck!

Now I wonder how you start this thing up?

007 takes over.

Hang on for a second or two...

Now, if we board, the Sky Runner will take us back to Winters. With Dr. Andonut's help, I can modify the machine to fly to Summers. ...if Dad, I mean Dr. Andonuts, is not available, I'll have to figure it out myself. Anyway, let's go back to the lab in Winters. ...That's it... Go, machine, go!

The Sky Runner: Earthbound Music

That flight sequence was a lot more interesting before I explored all those areas I fly by.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14