Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Thing4 (Playing Thread)  (Read 15858 times)

gahitsu

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Thing4 (Playing Thread)
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2012, 01:28:28 AM »

I'd kind of like to see Friend tested since he's thrown out three names in one day without much more than hunches or bandwagoning.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2012, 03:41:13 AM »

Voting for Beat Bandit for suggesting the vote for Caithness on the first place.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2012, 04:35:54 AM »

Notably I didn't give him as much time to respond to Caithness' post as I should have, but Lottel ignoring the Sharkey suggestion while so quickly jumping on mine could mean a thing.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2012, 09:13:32 AM »

Hey dudes, since you can trust me (straight up, unless you think they turned me night 1 and I immediately turned around and blew one of them up. If you do, you're an idiot.) I'd recommend taking your votes off Sharkey. He claims to be a regular Jimmie Walker, Texas Ranger so we should untie him and let him dyn-o-mite Kazz. If he doesn't blow Kazz up after we untie him, we know he's a parasite. If he does, we learn things.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »

I'm not sure I see how that's such a great idea.

We've got 4 possible situations here, if we assume that Sharkey does actually have dynamite and that he will actually kill Kazz if we give him the opportunity.

1. They're both human. This doesn't really help us at all, since we lose both a human life and a bit of ammunition for killing Things.

2. Sharkey is human and Kazz is not. This is the best possible outcome, and I'm sure it's the one that Sharkey wants us to believe is true. He hasn't provided any reasoning for this plan beyond "I really want to kill Kazz", though.

3. Sharkey is Thing and Kazz is human. Not quite as bad as #1, because Sharkey would undoubtedly be tested and then torched overnight. Still not ideal.

4. They are both Things. In this scenario Sharkey got turned last night and is throwing Kazz under the bus in order to seem innocent. Doesn't seem especially likely, but that's precisely why he might be able to get away with it.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2012, 01:47:08 PM »

Yeah, but if he does it, that's two bonus tests this round, no matter the results. Learning five things today would be way better than learning three things today.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »

Here's an idea: test my fucking blood.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »

Well, we will. After it's splattered all over the walls, we'll grab a sample and then we'll know.

Why are people scared to use dynamite as bonus tests? We get trustworthy information and we're certain those we prove innocent won't be turned later, so it's actually better. It also keeps the dynamite away from the Things. I say use it all on anyone not confirmed innocent already and we'll have a better shot of surviving to the end.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2012, 04:03:31 PM »

We have three more dynamites and a test for today. We know there are two things and there are 11 players with two confirmed innocents. We can actually end this farce right now if people start just blowing shit up.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »

In fact, if our LAMEthrowers just claim now so dynamite doesn't hit them, it's pretty much gg.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2012, 04:45:25 PM »

I'd clap if I weren't still tied to this fucking chair.

Also, it'll be doubleplus-unawesome when you test me as human and then tomorrow morning you've got a turned Sharkey with dynamite. Not that I wouldn't have fun with that. I'd keep a close eye on whoever kept me tied up if that's how it goes down. Except Caith, who is human, but a little bit silly.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2012, 04:47:21 PM »

On the Mad Stan front, I rescind my vote.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »

Why are people scared to use dynamite as bonus tests? We get trustworthy information and we're certain those we prove innocent won't be turned later, so it's actually better. It also keeps the dynamite away from the Things. I say use it all on anyone not confirmed innocent already and we'll have a better shot of surviving to the end.

I know I'm thinking about saving as many humans as possible when my goal really should be to destroy all Things at any cost, but this reasoning doesn't really sit well with me. I also think it would be a really bad idea for the flamethrowers to reveal themselves now.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »

Ocksi for pushing a strategy of "Just blow random people up and hey if you're holding a flamethrower, claim so it 'doesn't hit you'"

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »

I'd also vote for Ocksi for pushing the worst strategy in history, but I'm afraid if I do then a certain someone's going to get off the couch and dynamite me.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »

please don't waste the test on me. At least at this point, I'm guaranteed human. I want as much information as possible and at this point in the game, people using dynamite not only confirms their innocence, it tells us the role of whoever they hit. That is as good as two tests. Dynamite becomes a considerably less valuable weapon as the game goes on, as Things will have it. Right now is the actual optimal time for humans to beat Things. Numbers are still on our side, we likely still have three dynamite. We know we have two Things, we know we have two flamethrowers, and we know there are three dynamites still out there. After tonight, we know we have three things, and our dynamite and flamethrowers are considerably less certain.

It's really, really idiotic to not take the win while we have right in front of us.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »

Kazz
Sharkey
Beat Bandit
Zara
Gahitsu
Destil
Friend
Kayma

Eight players, three dynamite. On top of this, everyone knows their own role already. This leaves seven targets for three dynamite. Blowing three dynamite confirms the role of six out of seven players at this stage of the game and at no point later than now. We actually have the I WIN button available to us.

Granted one of the dynamite could have been turned already, but that still leaves us with ONLY TWO SUSPECTS.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »

On top of that, as each dynamite is used, the number of suspicious targets drops by two, making a good hit even more likely. Even on bad hits, we get the one thing we need, though: information.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2012, 08:29:44 PM »

You forgot Aoko. Also, there's a significant chance of one dynamiter blowing up another.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »

Roleclaim, roleclaim, roleclaim. Aoko got tested, I doubt the Things were so brazen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15