Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Thing4 (Playing Thread)  (Read 15874 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Thing4 (Playing Thread)
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2012, 08:31:05 PM »

You're not really guaranteed human, but it's reasonable to assume that you are one, and you'll probably remain human for the rest of the game because you're a practically useless turn target.

However, you haven't thought through your plan.  People using dynamite doesn't prove their innocence, because one of us was turned last night.  So, a person with dynamite could have been turned.

Secondly, losing even one of our two flamethrowers reduces our chances of winning by a fucking ton.

Third, everything we learn is something the Things also learn.  They know who the Things are, but they don't know who the dynamites or flamers are.  If all the dynamites throw right now, every one that doesn't hit a Thing narrows down their list of potential flamers by two.  All they'd need to do at that point is grab them and we're fucked.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »

The Things don't have to know anything to win. They never have to learn anything, they just have to keep us from learning things. Knowledge is a weapon for the innocents.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2012, 08:39:26 PM »

Regarding having not thought it through: if we get actual significant role claims, we can use the dynamite pretty accurately and narrow our list of targets down tremendously. If the dynamites then work with everyone to choose their targets from the list, it should be relatively easy to figure out which, if any, was turned.

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2012, 08:41:06 PM »

umm... this might be kind of stupid, but I actually agree with Ocksi, and in fact, had a similar plan to reveal myself as a flamethrower, but for different reasons: If you consider that there are only two things in play right now, you must think that they're not going to turn the flamethrower who just outed himself. Why? because they're in a very dangerous position right now and any obvious turn targets (myself) will be tested frequently and subsequently killed. However, we innocents also get a pretty good trade off for me outing myself:

1) The other flamethrower doesn't have to worry about accidentally killing me. I was planning on waiting until day 3 to reveal myself, to see whether or not the other flamethrower would start killing or wait. But if we wait until day 3, that's another potential 2 kills wasted.
2) The town gets an input on who I plan to kill.
3) You'll know exactly when I'm turned, because I'll no longer be able to murder people. This is actually useful information in certain situations, if you want to have an idea of who was turned when.

Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Secondly, losing even one of our two flamethrowers reduces our chances of winning by a fucking ton.

Right, but what about flamers worried about hitting each other? Notice no one died on day one, that's already two potential deaths wasted. Flamethrowers have to toe the line between playing too risky and not risky enough. So I figure if the other flamethrower is playing conservatively, I have to play risky for the both of us.

Third, everything we learn is something the Things also learn.  They know who the Things are, but they don't know who the dynamites or flamers are.  If all the dynamites throw right now, every one that doesn't hit a Thing narrows down their list of potential flamers by two.  All they'd need to do at that point is grab them and we're fucked.

But the reverse is also true: the flamethrowers also have a much smaller pool to determine who the things are, and with only two things in the pool right now, they're more likely to turn the people who are least likely to be tested, rather than the people who are most likely to be flamethrowers.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

I can go for that.

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »

I forgot to mention: now that I've outed myself as flamethrower, I WILL be burning someone every night. It's your job as a town to determine who I will be burning. That way, the other flamethrower will know in advance who I'll burn and act accordingly. You will know exactly when I've been turned when I haven't killed anyone.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »

you're going to get turned immediately unless the Things are retarded.  they have no reason not to eliminate you.  it is not a waste of their turn to do this.

good fuckin work.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »

Yeah, that roleclaim means we should probably go all-in on my plan.

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »

Okay: say they turn me. We get two extra tests, a flamethrower who doesn't have to think twice about nightkilling now that their partner is dead, and we'll know for sure that Caithness and whoever we test today is still innocent.
Whereas if I didn't out myself, could you guarantee that the other flamethrower would burn someone? Because I know I wouldn't have.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2012, 08:56:06 PM »

Yeah, that roleclaim means we should probably go all-in on my plan.

yeah i'm fuckin glad we were forced to.

i rescind my vote on Sharkey.  hopefully he also rescinds his on me so i can throw my own fucking stick.

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »

my last response was a response to Kazz. Also, thank you. That was pretty good work. I especially liked the part where you attacked one of my points, which invalidated the rest of my argument.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »

Yeah. We're committed now. Rescinding my vote on Kazz. Give me a minute to run through the topic and work out a list of probables. Shit just got real.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »

Here goes nothin'.

I throw my dynamite at Beat Bandit.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2012, 09:07:45 PM »

So much for waiting for role claims.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2012, 09:08:12 PM »

On the other hand, I truly support your new-found gusto for playing with your balls out.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »

"Iv'e always loved you," sed kazz sadly., to his secretary beat bandit. "This is the powre of my final power."

And then kazz used the power of his final power.

Cid's Dynamite Limit Break - Final Fantasy VII

Beat Badnit was huamn.

The Day continues under the burning daylight. The sun flickered like fire.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2012, 09:12:30 PM »

Welp!  Who wants barbecue?

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:14 PM »

I am going to burn you tonight

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »

I'm going to drop another HAMMERTIME on today so we have time to see some role claims and get this thing wrapped up.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »

Well, that could have gone better. But hey, these ropes magically fell off.

Fuck it. Dynamiting Kayma.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »

:whoops:

Kayma was a Flamethrower.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15