Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: ThingV  (Read 11834 times)

Russo

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: ThingV
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 10:22:17 PM »

Saito speak up. Speak up.

Young

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »

I still have a really bad feeling about Zhang.

Also, why the fuck is nobody talking? Innocents should be talking. Silence helps the Aliens.

Who the fuck has the extra test? Mahamud? Use it soon, we're running out of time.

Otherwise, you're gonna get tested by default.

And speak the fuck up, everyone. With anonymous accounts, talking is the ONLY way we can discern who the Aliens are. I suggest the flamers start burning anyone who doesn't post more than once a day, or posts in shitty, non-information quips. Anyone who remains silent is either a shitty fucking useless innocent, or an Alien, and I want neither alive.

Young

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »

October 28, 2012, 06:33:40 PM

Fucking hell. We literally have a half hour left.

Fuck you all for making me use my hammertime this early.

Alright, fuck this. Talk or die, people. If you give this little shit about the game, you shouldn't have fucking signed up.

Young

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »

Mahamud use your test

p.s. if you're cute and use it on me, the only fucking person who is really obviously trying to win, I guarantee you will be burned the fuck alive come nightfall.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2012, 06:28:29 PM »

I'm assuming people might have hurricane-related trouble that is more important than games on the internet.

Therefore I'm going to remove the time limit for Day 2.

Bernard Mahamud

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »

I wanted to get an idea of who people wanted me to test. Seeing as how the voting was across the map, I'm going to vote for whoever's convinced me the most.

I once said that all men are Jews, though few men know it. I should have added a corollary to this, which is though all men are Jews, some men are more Jewish than others. In this case, the Jew is Cohen. I test Cohen.

Cohen

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2012, 08:29:29 PM »

Ah, there's me den-chewersh.

Now then, before that test goes through, sonny, let's get one thing straight! I'm not one of them demons, as sure as you probably are one. I wanted to present a weak argument, so I could make a note of who jumped on it for later. That'd be Schmidt and Bernard, the li'l bastards!

No sane human would vote for someone who seemed to be a blatant idiot, 'cause everyone knows the monsters won't do idiotic stuff cause they work as a team and keep each other's dumb behaviour in check. I thought them monsters would see it as an opportunity to waste a test on me, and it's looks like I've nabbed at least two of 'em.

Now, much as I'd like to run ye through, Mr Bernard, I ain't go no proof just yet... Just me gut.

Bernard Mahamud

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »

So you intentionally acted stupid to get things to hop on you? Because only things would suspect you for doing suspicious things? No offense, but... that's kinda stupid.

"everyone knows the monsters won't do idiotic stuff cause they work as a team and keep each other's dumb behavior in check." But things routinely do dumb things like staying silent or saying/doing stupid things. Look at what happened last game with Destil. You can't make a blanket statement that monsters won't do idiotic stuff because it does happen and is how people get caught.

As I once said, "Life responds to one's moves with comic counterinventions." Call on someone for being dumb and they'll shout, "You were the dumb one all along!"

Cohen

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2012, 10:35:53 PM »

Well, maybe when you get to my age, you'll understand a thing or two about the value of free intel, laddy! Not to mention freedom from gettin turned into one of them nasty, ugly monsters... They're stayin quiet and waitin for us tah make a bad move, so we have to get up and be crazy. They won't be targetin' me with their tentacles tonight, not unless they want a jacked-up loony who can't keep his mouth shut on their side, which is how everyone, you included, sees me right now. So I'm safe, and any more tests on me will be as big a waste as gems on a cult.

(I'm not sure if the rules allow you to take back a test once you've announced it, but if you can, I would totally suggest Bernard do that and put it on someone more useful.)

Zhang

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 01:10:42 AM »

That might be the weakest algument of making a weak algument I have evel seen in my entile rife.  Espesciarry since announcing who the areins wirr ol won't be talgeting onry hords any weight if you ale an arien arleady.  I sule as herr don't know any arien thought patelns, pelsonarry.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 10:19:35 AM »

Cohen's penis is lopped off and thrown in a microwave, then fed to him.

Later, a stool sample reveals that Cohen is a Human.

Grabowski

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2012, 11:33:07 AM »

Alright, I guess if we're going in alphabetical order it's my turn to be tested. Grabowski.

(I still think voting to test yourself is a bad idea for a human, but it doesn't look like I'll ever be able to convince everyone of that.)

Schmidt

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »

Actually I'm perfectly happy voting to zap that motherfucker Zhang, since he's said nothing of value so far and I think his cloying racist schtick is a really stupid way to avoid saying anything while still fluffing up his postcount.

Young

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2012, 02:24:48 PM »

OK, good. Some activity.

I'm also now suspicious of Mahamud for waiting so long to use his test (in fact, had the game not been extended due to a hurricane/I had not used my hammertime which I now assume I have back, it'd have been wasted) but I'll still encourage people to vote for Zhang for being 4th to vote yesterday and also what Schmidt said.

In fact, I would not be entirely opposed to blowing up one and testing the other. If I had a grenade, I'd probably have done that. Neither has been tested yet, after all.

Anyway, Mahamud wouldn't be a bad burn tonight. It's possible he just forgot about the game entirely and is an innocent player who sucks, but it's more likely in my mind that he was an Alien trying to run down the clock and then planning on saying "oops, looks like I forgot to use my test!" which is a really stupid fucking plan, but as we've established, sometimes Aliens do really stupid plans.

Saito

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »

Zhang looks good, although I would not object to voting for Grabowski.

Russo

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2012, 03:01:16 PM »

Schmidt basically hit the nail on the head, but having nothing useful to say could be just that.
I'm thinking Mahamud's waiting is more suspicious.

Bernard Mahamud

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »

I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that I tried to run out the clock considering the site had been down for some time the day before. I normally check in pretty regularly, but after the site went down it basically slipped my mind. I assumed that the time limit wouldn't have been so strictly enforced considering the circumstances, so by the time I checked in, you had already used your hammertime and Kazz had extended the time limit.

Anyways, are we just voting for Zhang because of his accent? Because while it bugs me as well, I can't say that's a good enough reason to vote for him. Schmidt did say that he's basically said nothing of value, but that could go for most of us, I think.

Grabowski

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »

I don't recall the site going down at all, Mahamud. Or are you talking about your internet connection?

Bernard Mahamud

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »

hm... I guess it was just me? All I know is when I typed brontoforum.us in the address bar, the page would time out. However, I could go to other websites. So I assumed there was something wrong with the site. But I guess it could have been on my side somehow?

Russo

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2012, 06:45:57 PM »

I've felt that Young's analysis has been strong so far, which is why I'd be happy with a test on Zhang. Bernard is only narrowly more suspicious.
We've got two good candidates for testing, as well as me from Young's earlier list of test candidates.
We're getting to the point where we need to voice our concerns for testing else or lay down our votes.
Talk people.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9