Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Prchadzk's Dungeon  (Read 13339 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Prchadzk's Dungeon
« on: June 04, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »

Next Session: Friday, July 25th, 8 PM ET (5 PM PT)

Current Roster:

Norondor
Doom
Detonator
MadMAxJr
yeoz
Burrito

(green is all set, red is a potential player)

Schedule:

At current, Fridays at 8 PM ET.

Characters:

Level 1.  Any race, any class.  100g starting gold.  Stat method 1 or 2.  Utterly by the book, here.

Doom is a Warlord, Max is a Rogue, yeoz is a Cleric, Detonator is a Warlock, Norondor is a Fighter, and Burrito is a Paladin.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Prchadzk's Dungeon
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 02:43:58 PM »

Excerpts from the Personal Journal of Artemis Blatt, Mayor of Freehill

52nd Day of the 4th Season
Year of the Spotted Wombat

Following the earthquake, King Bartholomew took a personal interest in the village's reconstruction.  He visited the town often, offering a generous amount from the royal coffers to aid in the effort.  The villagers were pleased to see him return so often.  He seemed to take personal pleasure in giving out warm clothes and food; I'd never seen him smile so widely or so frequently.

In a personal meeting with him just last week, the King made an exciting proposal; he wishes to build a new courthouse in Freehill.  The construction would bring workmen, which would bring business, which would, in turn, cause Freehill to prosper, in both the short and long terms.  I gave his proposal to the council, who accepted readily.

The King seems even more excited than I.  He intends to begin the construction within the month.

23rd Day of the 1st Season
Year of the Chocolate Vulture

The completed Courthouse towers over the town square.  It is more impressive and extravagant than I could have imagined it might be.  Though nobody says anything in public, I've received more than a few complaints from Freehill's original residents.  The intricate gargoyles have frightened some children; the Courthouse's shadow blocks all of the inn's sunlight, which Jeffrey blames for his wife's distraction; the sheer size of the thing makes the people feel anxious.  I confess that I've had my reservations, but I simply remind the villagers of the King's extreme generosity in our time of need.

The King himself did not abandon us once construction was completed; indeed, he spends more time in the village than ever.  I spot him often, around or inside the courthouse, feeling the walls with his hand.  I don't mind his presence, but I am curious about his purpose.

The first trial begins next week.

16th Day of the 3rd Season

I recall a time when the country's legal process was more involved.  I can't imagine that it still is; the King's soldiers bring in new convicts several times a day.  They all look like unsavory characters, to be sure, but I'm uncomfortable with the sheer number of them entering Freehill.

One thing does confuse me: where do they all go?  I haven't seen a single convict leave the Courthouse on his way to prison.  Nor do I see any form of interment, nor do I smell ash in the air.  They simply go inside and vanish.

Many of the local children have taken ill.  Their parents ask me what is to be done... I have no solution.  King Bartholomew spends most of his time here now, overseeing the Court proceedings.  I am a slave to his agenda; likewise, Freehill is forfeit to his whim.

54th Day of the 3rd Season

This is my final entry.  I am interred in the Courthouse, awaiting my own trial.  I do not know my crime; I asked the soldiers who arrested me, and they merely muttered something about a dungeon.

What dungeon?

I was present in town during the entirety of the reconstruction.  No dungeon was built in Freehill.

What has the Mad King done to my village?

----------------------

Your characters begin in the Courthouse, awaiting your own trials.  You may have committed a crime, but not necessarily.  Over the past few months, you've noticed that many people have been hauled away.  They rarely take the poor or the weak; the strong or the wise are being carted away, one by one.  Nobody knows what becomes of them.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:00:26 PM »

SIGN ME UP  :slow:
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 04:27:41 PM »

Believe it or not, some of the people who were arrested actually deserved it.

Evil is fine.  Chaotic Evil is not.  Also, I'd like to keep inter-party moral conflicts at a minimum; that stuff gets old fast.  Evil shouldn't go too much further than "intense self-interest."

edit: I'm replying to a post that is no longer there.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:54:53 PM »

Lawful "I do what I'm supposed to do...
Neutral "I do what I do...
Chaotic "I do whatever I want to do...

Good ...to benefit others."
Neutral ...regardless of who benefits."
Evil ...to benefit me."

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 05:28:00 AM »

As much as I wanted to run twice a week, it looks like it's the hurdle between filling my game and not.

So, instead, let's pick a day and stick to it.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 05:38:19 AM »

Kazz pitched to me friday or saturday evenings.  I'm game as long as we pick a day and stick to it.  I can start somewhere around 7pm CST, and willing to play until tired.  You'll probably get 1-2 AM tops.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 07:05:57 AM »

Okay, let's see how this works.

Fridays at 11 10 PM ET.

Does that work for everyone?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 07:07:50 AM »

Can do.  If for any reason we need to move to Saturday, I'll need a little prior notice, so I can rearrange Saturday events.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 08:24:56 AM »

11 PM works fer me chief, and I can definitely do the 10 PM.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 01:52:36 PM »

i'm cool with either 10 or 11 EST. 11 would give me a chance to grab a bite to eat after work, and 10 would just mean i would eat while still working, which i do a lot anyway!

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 02:09:16 PM »

Done deal.  Thanks for accomodating, lucky doctor!

First session will be 10 PM ET (7 PM PT) on Friday the 13th!

Feel free to come early to prepare.  It'll be on clover.arity.net in channel #kazzgame.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 06:32:20 PM »

Character sheet thingy.  I think.  There might be problems.  I'm still not sure how Blinding Barrage interacts with ammo.

EDITED: Added surname and minor history note worked out between me and the DM.

EDIT MORE: Fixed a problem with my skills.

Code: [Select]
Name: Marc Tavik
Class/Race: Rogue 1/Human

History:
Son of Thrhzlnm Tavik, who was executed for a particular crime (Ambiguity intentional)

Languages: Common, Abyssal

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STR 13 [+1][+0] Fortitude [B ][AB][CL][FE][EN][MI][MI]
CON 12 [+1][+0]   [ 12]   [10][+1][+0][+0][+0][+1][+0]

DEX 15 [+2][+0]             Reflex    [B ][AB][CL][FE][EN][MI][MI]
INT 11 [+0][+0]               [ 15]   [10][+2][+2][+0][+0][+1][+0]

WIS 15 [+2][+0]             Willpower [B ][AB][CL][FE][EN][MI][MI]
CHA 12 [+1][+0]               [ 13]   [10][+2][+0][+0][+0][+1][+0]

Defense   [B ][AB][CL][FE][EN][MI][MI]
  [ 14]   [10][+4][+0][+0][+0][+0][+0]

Movement Type Base Armor Item Misc
Running 06 -- -- --

Max Hit Points Bloodied Surge Value Num Surges Second Wind
24 12 6 7 [ ]

Death Saving Throws: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Attack Attack Bonus Damage Special Effect
Basic Attack +0 -- --
Dagger x5 +4 1d4 5/10
Short Sword +3 1d6
Shuriken x25 +3 1d6 6/12

Passive Insight Passive Perception
10 + Skill Bonus 10 + Skill Bonus

Experience 0 Level 1 Action Points 1

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skills

Total Base Trained Armor Penalty Misc
Acrobatics DEX 7 2 5
Arcana INT
Athletics STR 6 1 5
Bluff CHA 1 1
Diplomacy CHA 1 1
Dungeoneering WIS 7 2 5
Endurance CON 1 1
Heal WIS 2 2
History INT
Insight WIS 7 2 5
Intimidate CHA
Nature WIS 2 2
Perception WIS 9 2 5 +2
Stealth DEX 7 2 5
Streetwise CHA 1 1
Thievery DEX 7 2 5

-- Inherent Abilities (P.117) / Feats
First Strike
Rogue Tatics - Brutal
Rogue Weapon Talent
Sneak Attack 2d6

Alertness
Backstabber (d8s)

-- At Will Powers
(P.118)
Deft STrike
Piercing STrike
Riposte STrike

-- Encounter Powers
Dazing Strike

-- Daily Powers
Blinding Barrage

Gear

Leather Armor
Dagger x5
Short Sword
Adventure Kit
Shuriken x25

yeoz

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • youtuuuube
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 06:11:34 AM »

Believe it or not, some of the people who were arrested actually deserved it.

Evil is fine.  Chaotic Evil is not.  Also, I'd like to keep inter-party moral conflicts at a minimum; that stuff gets old fast.  Evil shouldn't go too much further than "intense self-interest."
Ok, I'm in. Eladrin Rogue it is! (or maybe not. still thinking about it). Evil only in the sense that he steals things from the rich and he gives them to ... himself (not the poor, they can fend for themselves). ;D Although, I'll probably go with unaligned rather than Evil. I'll roll up a character today or tomorrow.
edit: I'm replying to a post that is no longer there.
Hehe. Sorry about that.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »

First session will be 10 PM ET (7 PM PST) on Friday the 13th!

yeoz

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • youtuuuube
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 09:17:57 PM »

Going with a Human Cleric, follower of the Raven Queen, the goddess of death (and fate and other things.)

Character Sheet here...
It's in HTML format (three pages, tabs are at the bottom).

Kazz, if you need me to change anything in the backstory (or anything else at all), please let me know.
(If you aren't able to view the character sheet, please let me know too.)

If anyone wants the excel spreadsheet template I used to generate the character sheet, it's available here (right click save as).
It took me an entire day to make and there are still some minor glitches in it... Please let me know if you use it, and if you run into any problems with it.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »

Game Structure:

The dungeon is mysterious.  That means it's loaded with puzzles.  There is always logic in play, but it may not resemble the logic of the real world.

I recommend having MS Paint open or a pad of paper available while playing, because notes and maps are going to be helpful.  I won't strand you, and if you're frustrated I'll find a way to nudge you along, but the rewards for figuring out a dungeon section yourselves will be significant.

What I'm trying to say is that the game is not going to be combat heavy.  I plan to have about two or three combats per session (not counting fights that you guys start yourselves), and after a couple of sessions they are going to be legitimately dangerous.  Combat is supposed to be scary, not a grind.

Diplomatic skills may also be important.  You won't be alone in the dungeon.

McFrugal

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 05:30:06 PM »

Puzzles huh?  That would make me want to play, if not for the fact that I'm going on vacation tomorrow and don't even have a regular working schedule to begin with.

Also I'd be worried you'd just kill me off since you seem to still be angry at me.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »

If I let someone join my game, it's a decent indication that I actually want that person to play.  You'd be absolutely welcome, McFrugal.

Detonator can't confirm for this Friday, so I do have kind of an opening.  I will probably leave the spot vacant for the time being, though, in case Detonator wants to join next week.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 04:20:10 PM »

Det's back in.

We're golden for Friday.  Let's hope we don't inexplicably run into some kind of horrible luck oh god
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5