Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: D&D Game (Interest Check)  (Read 878 times)

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
D&D Game (Interest Check)
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:02:57 AM »

I dunno if this is the right Sub-Forum for this but Brent told me to throw it here so I am. Here goes. I'm thinking of running a D&D game on Fridays(For the live portion/most In Character stuff) with a sub-forum here for OOC/Shopping/time wasting shit that is too tedious for live game. I would like between 3-6 reliable players. Game time could be anytime Friday, as it's the only day I have for SURE off work the DAY is pretty set in stone but the time could probably move depending on what people need on a week by week basis. It would be a SORT of high fantasy setting, but certain areas(Major cities) would have a more steampunky feel to them and what not. I'd have to flesh out a world for it over the next few days. I WANT to use Maptools(A free D&D game running thing) or IRC with Skype for the game but I would be willing to drop the Skype thing if it is something a lot of people would not want. I'm going to be posting stuff on Talking Time about this too. This is just in the formulation stages right now. OK,

Vital Game Shit

Game System: D&D 4e.
Setting: Custom High Fantasy(Game will be more puzzle/intrigue with most[but not all] combat being optional if you take certain steps)
Starting Level: Depends on what you guys want, I would be willing to start as high as 11(Standard creation using array and standard starting equipment for level)
Classes/races allowed: All standard and most WotC published stuff will be allowed some dragon magazine stuff will be banned if I see overly annoying twinky bullshit.
Alignments Allowed: Please don't be evil, you're god damn heroes.
Additional Notes: Would like a small background for all characters that I will read and give out an appropriate background bonus for. I don't like the standard background/whatever bonuses. Gonna be sorta like what Doom did in his game.(Sorry for stealing from you Doom, you're just fucking awesome)

I really hope some people respond to this in a timely manner, I have the next five days off work(Due to my HUGE work load over the holidays I now have some time off) and will be using that time to flesh out a world!

Also, if you guys want to talk to me in IRC I'm in #FInalfight and #Talkingtime on espernet constantly.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: D&D Game (Interest Check)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »

GUESS NO ONE IS INTERESTED THEN.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

That's not much of a window to declare interest.
I'm kind of on a D&D kick now (replaying NWN:SoU & HotU) but... That's a very different experience than a D&D campaign. So I'm pretty sure what I'm interested in isn't what's going to be on the table.

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »

What you interested in? I mean it's not like we can't work out some stuff together. Also, I don't know what any of those acronyms mean, sorry.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:01:39 PM »

I think I'm mostly interested in playing a game where I can save and reload. So that's out.
But hey. I don't have enough going on, I guess.

I also don't have any 4e materials.
I don't even know what's possible.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »

I'd rather not join a game than join and have to drop out because I can't make it to half the sessions because I have to work instead.