Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Maids in Space!  (Read 12488 times)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
Maids in Space!
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:18:38 PM »

Maids in Space! is a Maid RPG forum game for 1 to 12 players. This is both the play thread and signup thread. You can apply to join at any time. A randomly generated character will be created for you.

Scenario
In the future, science has taken mankind to the stars and beyond. The Federation is locked in a war with alien species, with nearly all young men pressed into military service or weapons research. Those rich or daring enough to escape military duty travel the galaxy in search of fame and fortune. Those women brave enough to serve them are known as Maids.

Sign-up
Post in this thread or PM me. A random character will be dispatched. Anything you don't like is open for re-roll, and anything not specified on your character sheet is up to you. Play will begin once at least two players have joined, and rules will be explained as we go. We are not using the weird rules that let you seduce the GM's character for XP.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Maids in Space!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35:59 PM »

I wanted to make an O'Reilly joke about the in zone, but that would be the no in zone.

So I guess I'm just in.

Meikai

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:07:10 PM »

What, maids? COUNT ME IN.

Hope ya'll like CHEESECAKE.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 05:10:31 PM »

This sounds super, i'd like to play if I could, Do you think I could save a spot for my friend if he wants to play, he was excited about playing in the other game, but that didn't really work out, i'll ask him if he wants to play in this.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 10:40:36 AM »

The first three players have received their characters by PM. Here's a brief explanation:

You have six attributes: Athletics (physical ability and combat), Affection (forming bonds with people), skill (maid duties like cooking, cleaning, starship operation), Cunning (tricking people), Luck, and Will (mental fortitude). When you attempt an action, the roll is 1d6 times the relevant attribute.

How do you decide which is the relevant attribute? You make it up. Anything the GM judges to make sense is fair game.

When you roll an action, enemies or other Maids may roll to oppose you. Whoever rolls highest succeeds. The rest take Stress damage equal to the winner's roll divided by their roll. When you declare an action, state the Attribute and what number it is. The other players have two days to join in and make their own opposed action, if they wish. After that, the GM rolls all results and declares the winner.

A determined maid is indestructible, but vulnerable to mental breakdown. When your Stress exceeds your Spirit, you suffer a Stress Explosion. You can still take actions, but only if they fit in the category of the Stress Explosion on your character sheet. While under Stress Explosion, you lose one Stress per total post in the thread, until you reach zero, at which point you return to normal.

Your goal is to accumulate Favor with the Master, a GM-controlled character who employs the Maids. He awards and deducts Favor arbitrarily.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 10:49:11 AM »

Some more particular rules:

Teaming up in combat: People can work together in combat or to attempt a task. They add their rolls together. If the team fails, they must pick one person to take all the Stress damage. If they suceed, any Favor gained may be divided or only awarded to one Maid.

Maid uniform: A maid uniform must include a headdress, apron, blouse, underwear and stockings. A maid who loses any part of her uniform suffers a -1 penalty per piece to all die rolls, and a -2 penalty for a missing headdress. A maid who is not wearing a maid outfit cannot use her Maid Power.

Spending Favor: Favor is like XP. You can spend 1 Favor to remove 1 Stress, 1d6 Favor to add +1 to the roll or your attribute for one action, or 1d6 Favor to trigger a Random Event. You can raise an attribute 1 point by spending 10 Favor times the new attribute level. If your Favor drops below 0, you are fired.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:14:58 PM »

Maids in Space! Episode 1: Shock! Big Sister And I Are Going To Be Maids Together?

The USS Kinomoto isn't exactly as grand as the job posting suggested. The tiny ship looks barely big enough to hold a crew of ten, and one of the warp nacelles blinks on and off like a broken light. The entire hull is painted with an embarassing mural of some 20th Century cartoon girl.

Still, the captain's credit rating checks out, so at least the money's good. The starbase extends a docking tunnel to the ship and plays an automated farewell message in six langauges. The bay doors shudder open and get stuck partway, forcing you to squeeze your way through.

At least the money's good.

A wall panel lights up and a wall-mounted security camera leers over you. A young man's voice speaks over the intercom.

"Hello? Ugh, internal sensors are on the fritz again. Alright, assuming you're the Maids I just hired, tell me who you are and what you look like."

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 05:19:03 AM »

A wide set of hips shakes through the tight shutters. Barely able to squeeze through, the bay's metal gives out first, sign of top-of-the-line hip technology. The hips continue to shimmy with each step, aided by gold and silver stileto heels. They were matched perfectly to the silver lining of a standard white maid's apron and silver, gem encrusted tiara shaped as a headdress that lay on a flowing head of gray hair, covering almost all of her face, that surely would be described as silver as well if you asked her.

"I'm the grandmaid, master. Best you can hope to receive with over sixty years experience." Her voice (clearly once as lusterous as the rest of her, but now raspy) pauses as she turns slightly from the camera, running a hand down her blouse, pretending as if there were any folds to straighten.

"Of course," she pauses for before putting more emphasis on the word this time "master, you can refer to me as Grammy. I'd prefer you look me over yourself, cameras just don't do me justice."

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 05:28:11 AM »

"...yeah, I can't even see through this camera. Internal sensors are down, and I never learned how to fix them, which is everyone's fault but mine. You sound like ninety. Are you posing at me? You'd better not be posing at me. Gross."

"Next!"

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 05:29:23 AM »

(Mei has dropped out of the game and Stush is posting tomorrow.)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »

(Feroce added.)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 05:58:09 AM »

(Doom added.)

Please introduce your characters.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »

A tall, thin maid with purple eyes and navy blue hair rides atop a skateboard through the doorway after Grammy, she wears a black blouse and stockings, with a beige apron, But she has made alterations to the traditional outfit, wearing a pair of black board shorts rather than the usual skirt, black skating shoes and on her head is a backwards cap with the traditional maid headdress drawn on the front of it, she stops her skateboard and kicks it up into her hand, lowering her dark thick sunglasses to look up at the camera.

"Whoah, Master-dude, why you gotta be so harsh? You should take like, a chill pill or something." She puts her sunglasses back on. "I'm Princess Rebecca Lamington, of the kingdom of Lamington or whatever, My friends call me Becky L, though, But my mum, the queen, like, totally sent me here to like, learn how to be a lady or something like that, She said it's what she had to do when she was my age, it's totally bogus."

She walks towards the camera, putting the skateboard across her shoulders. "So like, do we have pizza or anything? I'm starving out here."

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 05:27:41 AM »

A small, boyish looking maid slips through the bay doors with little trouble, her silver eyes taking in the surroundings.

"Ahh, must be nice to own home this big. Could house ten families!" She says wistfully before noticing the camera.

"Wah! I- I-" She blushes and bows sharply to the camera having missed the earlier conversation regarding it's disrepair. "Привет! I'm Alexandra Arkadeyevna Strelnikov, age sixteen. Please, call me Shura. I am very grateful for opportunity to work for you and from look of things you could really use the help too!" She goes about wiping the camera lens clean with the edge of her apron.

Her voice is heavily accented and husky, and her uniform is a bright red with a white apron, necktie and headdress. The whole outfit is of a rather plain style and made with a heavy durable fabric with no embellishments except a well polished gold star on her neck tie. Her hair is cut very short and dyed an energetic shade of green to match her personality.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 06:23:21 AM »

"Princess, huh... heh heh. If I play this right, I'll be rich! I mean, even richer than I already am! Hahahah! Wait, is my mic still on? Shit! *click*"

"Shura-chan, welcome!" The Master speaks with no hint of a Japanese accent, so why he's using a Japanese honorific when speaking English is anyone's guess. "Hm... divide by half... add seven..."

"Anyone else going to show up before we set off? I'm not turning the ship around if anyone shows up late."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »

This next maid appears adjacent to the other three deathly silently, intentional or not, maybe scaring the daylights out of them. Her entire uniform(and even skin!) is a very light tinge of beige, almost to the point of looking like a stark, neutral beige-white, as though a plastic unit of maid uniform was just printed fresh from the factory but somebody forgot the dye packs! This gives her straight, chin-length hair a chance to sparkle by contrast and the large bright-pink flower and ribbon set on the right side are a beacon of color in a desert absent of it. She executes a very precise three point bow, assuming pose, bowing, then rising and suddenly... clicks.

Her old-style cover-all blouse withdraws it's forearm sleeves, sheds it's middle down the chest, along the collar and two sides along the back, her skirt halves to show off tight stockings and her hair parts to allow headdress to pop up a neat inch and join with ribbon-flower. Appearing out of nowhere, a set of large pink ribbons weave themselves into a faux-tail with two trailing wraps on the skirt. Did she walk in barefoot? She grows two inches as heels have appeared on her feet and topped themselves neatly with tiny pink bow trim. With the more revealing outfit this maid has curves to spare on an hour-glass figure.

The rigid hands held in front of her pose drops to an elegant and fluid curtsey. With another click, she closes her eyes with matching bright pink iris and tilts her head, letting out a boisterous cheer. "Hello, Master! With 18 years, Ikora Lanyar will take care of you! However..." She ends the curtsey and leans towards a camera to waggle a finger in a mock-scold. "This is my first job, so please take care of me as well." She straightens up and smiles again, eyes opening. But it takes her a second or two too long to stop looking so pleasant and to drop to a natural and neutral stance.

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »

There's a rattling sound echoing as someone comes charging down the tunnel through the bay door. She easily fits the opening with her boyish frame. Her black uniform is lined with spikes, which would look threatening if it weren't for the bushy tail and her fox-like eyes, imbued with an orange tinge. Not to mention the blue hair, which makes her mismatched outfit look even more garish.

She comes to an abrupt stop and says in monotone: "Hello, my name is Alexandria Alexander Jones, but everyone calls me Alex. I'm very excited to be here and am looking forward to working with all of you."

"...as long as I'm getting paid, of course."

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 07:27:14 AM »

"Alex... and Ikora. Awesome! This is the closest the USS Kinomoto has come to a full crew since all those other maids mutinied!"

The bay doors shut on their own and the ship shudders into motion. The docking bay slides past the window and soon the space station is a tiny dot in the vastness of space.

"Alright! All hands to the control room. We have an important mission!"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 08:56:46 AM »

Ikora looks the others over one by one, eyes starting at their feet and rising at a set pace to the top of their head with a "click!" After looking the late Alex over, she sets off for the control room at a brisk yet regulated pace.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 09:52:20 AM »

Signposts on the walls lead you to the ship's control room at the front. You pass what look like some escape pod hatches, but they're filled with boxes instead.

The control room doors slide open. Inside, a scrawny man in his early twenties sits in the captain's chair, illuminated by hovering holographic screens that show nothing but static. He wears a white lab coat, thick rimmed glasses, and has a mess of orange hair.

"Welcome to the USS Kinomoto! I'm Captain Smith, your new employer. You can call me Captain, or Master."

He clicks a hand-held button and a large holographic screen blinks into view. It shows an old 20th Century building, constructed out of two upside-down grey pyramids. A massive crowd of people surround it.

"Our destination. Comic Market 800, Tokyo, planet Earth. Home to the world's greatest traditional comics, and the best ones sell out within twenty minutes. There's a certain doujin I must obtain at all costs, and the only way to secure it is to make it to the launch in person."

"Earth is about eighty warp jumps away through Federation space, and we won't make it in time. Luckily, I worked out us some... shortcuts."

"Oh... and we only have enough escape pods for two people. In the highly unlikely event of disaster I'll only have enough room for one maid. Naturally, I'm going to pick my favourite. Any questions?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9