Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Maids in Space!  (Read 12481 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Maids in Space!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 03:30:53 PM »

With a quick visual scan of the area, Ikora clicks and gets a proper "at ease" protocol going and relaxes her rigid stance a bit, using perfectly symmetrical body language to suggest that she's totally and naturally comfortable. She smiles. "The only question is the name of your doujin, Captain Master."

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »

Becky glides through the corridors on her skateboard, looking around with not much interest. "Yeah, question here, Master-Dude, Like, I'm sufferin' from a serious case of the space-munchies here, so where can we get some food?"

"Also, can't we just give the con a buzz and ask them to deliver that stuff to you? I mean, you have a giant spaceship, dude, like, don't you have a credit card?"

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »

Grammy tosses her hair back, revealing a face much more clearly in line with her apparent age, that would make anyone who took a moment (such as this one) to think about what was under her maid outfit to cringe or possibly throw up a little. The horribly wrinkled face is almost recolored by age spots, outshone, quite literally, by her smile. The few parts of her gums that actually have something attached are solely gold or gem, with not a single actual tooth to be found.

"I'm sure a lady as lovely and experienced as myself could get.. or give anything the master needed." With the pause she winks coyly at the disturbingly young boy.

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 10:20:04 PM »

"Да Капитан, Can't we just clean out other pods? They is full of boxes like warehouse from Raiders of Lost Ark!" Shura seems totally distracted while asking this, her eyes wandering all over the control room marvelling at the equipment. "If you have map of ship, I could probably find place for everything."

.oO(I wonder why he has so many screens with nothing on? Wouldn't it be easier to just shut them off? Or maybe he can't shut them off? Perhaps that's why his glasses are so thick; He ruin eyes from watching static all day.)

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 10:44:04 PM »

Alex raises her hand rather nonchalantly. "Captain, what types of dangers are we likely to encounter on this journey? just how safe are these 'shortcuts'? and why did your last crew mutiny?" Despite these pressing concerns, Alex's demeanor is as if she had just asked someone about the weather.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 12:57:02 PM »

Captain Smith shudders at Grammy's advances.

"To answer your questions: The doujin's name is Inazuma Girlfriend Asuka. I didn't get rich ordering intergalactic takeout every day. The escape pod bays are actually empty; we lost most of them due to human error during an alien attack and the former crew escaped in the rest when they mutinied... which happened because they all had personality issues."

"First things first. I'm hungry. Bonus pay for whichever of you cooks me dinner first. Kitchen is over thataway next to the maid's quarters and staff mess hall. Oh, and the internal sensor grid needs repaired. Bonus if you can do that by the time I'm finished dinner."

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »

((Okay test run, I'm using cunning of 3 for conspiring with Ikora, and Skil of 2 / affection of 2 to cook a meal with love))

Grammy walks up to Ikora and gives a polite bow, completely unaware that she's about to be completely racist and not complimentary.

"Darling, since you're just a wiz with those computers, why not work on that, and I can worry about making this little cutey his dinner? What really matters is just getting the best job done, and this way we can both get a little bit on his better side, right?"

Without waiting for a response she gives a small giggle to nothing in particular and half-scurrys, half-sashays away.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »

(Conflict rules work as follows: All maids who wish to stop either of Grammy's actions have 48 hours real-time to make a counter action. You must specify which attribute and how much that attribute is (only use one attribute). After the 48 hours, all results will be rolled. Winner gets their way, losers take Stress damage.)

(A maid targeted by an action probably wants to make a roll, but does not need to. If they surrender without rolling, they fail to stop the opponent, but do not take any Stress for it.)

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 08:58:12 PM »

Alex, ignoring Grammy's shenanigans, raises her hand again. "Captain, before we go, can you tell us the layout of the ship?"

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 02:22:20 AM »

Shura hops between Ikora and Grammy "I think Ikora should decide for herself, she may surprise you with what she's good at!" (Will 3 vs Grammy's Cunning) She flashes a smile and spins on her heel. "Sensor grid is all over ship, да? I volunteer to try fix it. Feel free to join me if you like!"

With a short gesture to any of the other maids to follow her, she dashes out the door towards the airlock area where everyone boarded, thinking it's best to start work in the location she's most familiar with first. (Skill 2 to begin work on repairs)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 05:34:34 AM »

He's already watching some old 20th Century cartoon on the big holographic screen, still surrounded by smaller screens displaying static.

"Layout? There's a map somewhere on the computer... which I'm using now. I'll find the map later. But uh... the engine room is at the very back, maid quarters and mess hall in the middle, shields and weapons stations near the back, medbay in the middle. Transporter room somewhere up front, I haven't used it in years. There's a bunch of other stuff but I forget."

Shura: The camera in the airlock looks fine, but it looks like no signal is getting through. The cable leads to a room in the front of the ship labelled SENSOR CONTROL where smoke is wafting from a control panel.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 04:30:29 PM »

Ikora regards her opponents with wary respect hidden behind a mask of peppysmileprotocol2.exe. With Grammy taking the initiative and speaking to her first... Rival identified. Unit Ikora is a THREAT to Elder! Compiling consensus amongst Human Hierarchy Trait Table and Sociological Studies Of Importance Of Grandparents In The 2nd Earth Millennium, she decides to activate daringgambit4.exe.

With utmost respect, Ikora bows back to Grammy. "I trust it to your skill and experience, Madam."

Cunning 3 to identify the first Maid attempting to offer Captain Master a meal and intercepting them to present it as my own.

I will follow Shura and assist her with the Repairs with Skill 2 until I need to break off to intercept. Assuming that it's a full-ship job, I can facilitate my Cunning by working close to the Kitchen. "Your peppiness is within 5 points of an acceptable standard for over-achiever. I believe that you and I may attain the best partnership as other Maids demonstrate lack of genkispirit.pdf." ... Switch from neutral facial expression to friendly and confident. "Let's do our best, Shura!"

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »

"Your peppiness is within 5 points of an acceptable standard for over-achiever. I believe that you and I may attain the best partnership as other Maids demonstrate lack of genkispirit.pdf." ... Switch from neutral facial expression to friendly and confident. "Let's do our best, Shura!"

Shura grins enthusiastically and nods. "Yeah! Lets go!" She positively radiates happiness, having made a friend already.

The cable leads to a room in the front of the ship labelled SENSOR CONTROL where smoke is wafting from a control panel.

. . . "пизде́ц" .oO(Why is it STILL smoking? Was this just done recently? Are there pests on this ship? Did someone drop something in there? Maybe whoever was working here was having a snack and dropped it inside by mistake... it sure doesn't smell good whatever it is. I wonder what kapitan likes to eat. I don't think I'll be able to cook anything in time, maybe I can bring him some snacks later. Enough to share with the rest of the staff of course! I wonder what supplies are on the ship for cooking? Grammy may have her work cut out for her...)

Her mind continues to meander like a train through a mountain range as she eyes the room for a way to power off the panel and/or pry it off safely.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 06:28:50 PM »

Becky gets on her skateboard and starts gliding towards the kitchen alongside grammy. "I don't know what we're cooking, but I definitely wanna be around the kitchen once it's done, got a totally bogus need for food right now."

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »

Alex, having been descended from a long line of skeptics, decides to leave the cooking and the repairing to the other maids and instead investigate the credibility of her employer after hearing about the last maids' mutiny. "I think I'll get going as well." She dashes to the escape pod hatches to snoop through the aforementioned boxes.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 04:58:43 AM »

Alex: They're full of old comic books and merchandise. True enough, the passenger escape pods are all gone, leaving (presumably) only one escape pod in the captain's quarters.

The Battle for Lunch
Grammy: 2x6=12
Ikora: 3x4=12
TIE - no damage

"Such a beautiful scene," sobs the Master, engrossed in an anime about a little squeaky-voiced creature trapped in a ball. He doesn't even notice which maid brought his lunch.

Whose Station is Sensors Again?
Grammy: 3x2=6
Shura: 3x4=12
Ikora: Concedes to Grammy anyway
DAMAGE: Grammy takes 2 Stress

Sensor Repair
TEAM FIX IT
Shura: 2x6=12
Ikora: 2x6=12
No contest
TOTAL: 24

You repair the sensor grid. In fact, it's now working even better than before. Sensors can now track the movements of anyone on the ship, and external ship sensors have improved by 50%.

You both took some smoke damage: Your aprons are dirty, imposing a -1 to all rolls until cleaned.

The Master shows up chewing on a sandwich, completely oblivious that he didn't make it himself. "Hey, the internal sensor screens are back online! No more static! Nice work, you two!"

Shura gains 3 Favor.
Ikora gains 2 Favor.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 05:42:00 AM »

"Lets get this party started. I need one of you in the engine room and one in the pilot's chair. There's only one control panel for each station, so... yeah, no co-piloting. Engine's at the back of the ship, pilot chair is... up that hoverlift for some reason."

He throws a crust into a round alcove behind the Captain's control room and it levitates upward.

"No time to lose! Demerits if you mess this up!"

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 07:48:03 AM »

Becky grins, "Whoah, Piloting a starship? That sounds mondo rad." She hops on her skateboard and starts moving, all of a sudden, she vanishes. A second later, she reappears up behind the pilot's console, flopping down onto the chair. "So how do I fly this thing, anyway?"

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 01:43:28 PM »

The Master facepalms.

"Tell me one of you knows how to pilot a starship. It's basic maid training!"

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile