Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Maids in Space!  (Read 12426 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Maids in Space!
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 10:39:59 PM »

Ikora gives Shura an affection hair rustling, exactly 4 shuffles alternating left and right and departs with a smile to spend time cleaning her apron, ideally in the crew quarters to see how those are set up.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 04:24:30 AM »

Grammy gives a big smile, vacuous in more than just a physical sense.

"A proper lady doesn't drive. Oh my, does that mean no one here can, though?"

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 05:35:53 AM »

Anyone with at least Skill 1 can roll to pilot or run the engine room.

The Master begins to look impatient.

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »

Ikora gives Shura an affection hair rustling, and departs with a smile.

She beams then fixes her headdress.

The Master facepalms.

"Tell me one of you knows how to pilot a starship. It's basic maid training!"

"Да, I remember training. Is very hard! I will join Princess Lamington, maybe we can work it out together!" She walks over to the hoverlift and with a small hop, floats up to the cockpit to join Becky.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »

It's a roll of 4 at each station (pilot's chair and engine room) to successfully make the warp jump. That's Becky+Shura and Alex making Skill rolls, if nobody else wants to interfere in the hops of grabbing any Favor and/or dealing Stress.

Ikora cleaning her uniform: 6x2=12. You have it clean in five minutes.

One more rule on Favor, if I didn't mention it. You can spend 1d6 Favor to add +1 to either your attribute or the die roll, for a single check. This is risky unless you've accumulated a lot of Favor, as a maid who drops below zero Favor is fired, and most of you are only on about 4 Favor.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 07:24:26 PM »

Becky pats Shura on the back. "Hey, the more the merrier, dude. You can handle the technical stuff, and i'll handle making it look stylish."

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 07:42:54 PM »

"A-As you wish Princess. Um, there's only room for one. So, erm, please forgive my closeness?" Shura, standing behind the seat, reaches over and places her hands on Becky's, guiding her through the proper motions. "We already know destination, so plot course here, then throttle up and steer like so... Ship is big, but still need finesse to move. Think like Whale, or Siberian Tiger. There is lot to move, but still move with grace." She backs up (as much as one can in the small compartment) and fidgets a bit, clearly feeling out of place around a noble. "I think that will do. Would your Highness care to give try now?"

(Skill 2 to show Becky the basics of how to fly a ship... hopefully it's close enough in design to the ones in maid training. There's a manual for this thing on hand somewhere right?)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »

Going to interpret Alex's earlier post as volunteering to work the engine room, and assuming you're both rolling straight Skill uncontested.

Alex: 2x3=6
Shura: 2x(5-1)+3=11
GREAT SUCCESS

Alex gains 6 Favor.
Shura gains 4 Favor

The ship warps off with a noisy whoosh. The ship's computer beeps and a simulated female human voice speaks from a small screen with a star map.

"You have now reached your destination."

The Master smiles. "Only fifty more jumps until--"

He's interrupted by a dull explosion from the rear of the ship. All the lighting goes out, and is quickly replaced by red emergency lighting.

"Intruders in shield generator room. Shield generator offline."

The Master flees to his room. His panicked voice shouts over the intercom: "I'll give my antique Ayanami Rei figurine to whoever kills them first!"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »

Are they daft? Performing repair work upon the ship made it child's play to mentally construct and save a three-dimensional file of it... and to begin defending it in earnest! As Ikora responds to Captain Master's call by dashing out of the Maid's Quarters and towards the Shield Generator Room, she emits a click!

Her maid power guarantees that the Shield Generator Room is booby-trapped and via her Cunning 3, the intruders will be taser'd into a more manageable state by a simple device that siphons off a fantastically small bit of surplus electrical power and turns it into a violently large shocking field. Ikora flicks her right arm to the side hard and allows her fore-arm to pop open as a hollow framed case. She retrieves her pink-ribboned revolver with her left hand and then shuts her arm.

"FREEZE!"

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 10:15:55 PM »

Alex, a naturally physical adept, hastens to the battle. She gets on all fours and runs to Generator room, her silky tail waggling as she goes. If the intruders appear to be physically threatening, she will use her athleticism of 5 to neutralize them by kicking them in the head.

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2013, 03:24:08 AM »

Stuff and things about intruders.

Shura lightly hops down the hover lift, deciding to stay on the bridge as it is a rather important place and the Princess happens to be there too. She peers at the numerous screens around the captain's chair to see if she spots anyone without the proper maid attire running around the ship. (Assuming those are still functioning.)

.oO(Wow, they must be really good at hiding if Ikora and I didn't see them when fixing the sensors! I wonder if they're ninja, or ghosts, or ghost-ninja.)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2013, 08:37:22 AM »

Shura: You see a squad of mantis-like humanoids wearing black clothing that conceals all but their eyes. They're in the shield generator room smashing up control panels with straight-bladed katanas and kung fu.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2013, 05:53:34 PM »

Becky leans over to Shura. "Can you detect where they came from? Like, their ship or whatever?"

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2013, 07:45:04 PM »

You can make a roll for it. Skill, or whatever else you think's relevant. Of course, dealing with that means you'll be too busy to handle the intruders. And someone else can try to contest you on it, if they post within 48 hours.

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2013, 08:26:17 PM »

Shura hits the intercom: "Attention all hands, there are Praying Mantis Ninja in the shield generator room." After switching the intercom back off, she mutters; "I sure hope inverse ninja rule is true.".

Becky leans over to Shura. "Can you detect where they came from? Like, their ship or whatever?"

"Shouldn't be problem, Highness. Sensors are better than new!" She smiles proudly. "But I may need help to watch my back this does take fair bit of concentration..."

(Skill 2, to take a look at the external sensor readings.)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2013, 01:08:04 AM »

Becky nods and puts her hand out, a nail bat zips into her hand, and she stands at the doorway, ready to stop anyone getting through. [Using athletics of 3 on any jonk who tries come through]

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2013, 06:18:25 AM »

NINJAS
Ikora 2x3=6
Alex 5x5=25
Ninjas 3x5=15

No sooner has Ikora drawn her gun than a mantis ninja drops from above the door and flips it back on her, firing a shot. She slumps to the ground, staying conscious just long enough to spot her electricity trap sliced in half on the floor. These ninjas are GOOD.

Just then, Alex bursts in and a martial arts scene breaks out. Ikora gets stepped on a lot, and at one point she's used as an improvised weapon.

The ninjas take 8 Stress.
Ikora takes 12 Stress. STRESS EXPLOSION
For the next 12 posts (total posts, not just Ikora's posts), Ikora can only take actions which involve SLEEPING.

All but one of the ninjas is knocked out or dead. Unfortunately, the inverse ninja theorem means that he's just as powerful as the group was. He tosses down a smoke bomb and escapes. The computer voice echoes over the intercom: "Intruder detected in engine room."

Meanwhile at the sensors:
Shura: 4x2 +3 = 11

Sensors detect a cloaked ship just off the port side.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2013, 09:31:19 AM »

Grammy wakes up from her mandatory hourly old person nap and notices the new alerts about the engine room.

Rushing (sexily) down towards the engine room she confronts the lone ninja.

"Hold up now, young man. Think about this, you've an evil mantis race that came in a group and confronted a lone white girl who beat your friends up. This obviously isn't your team's story, and you're doomed to fail. If you get finished off here, it's just dishonorable. If you take out your own ship and take yourselves out honorably you'll be a true ninja, though. Isn't that more important than dying fighting a beautiful, vivacious older woman like a non-ninja mantis?"

(whoops, forgot to mention cunning: 3)

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »

Alex, having neutralized most of the ninjas, take a momentary break. "I'm sure the others can handle a single ninja." Having time to think, Alex remembers to utilize her critical thinking skills once again. "Anyways, we should probably check their ship to see if more of them are waiting for us...Hello? Ikora? ...Ms. Robot?" She finally notices Ikora lying on the ground, asleep. She kneels down to get a diagnosis. "Hm... it appears the path of her qi is improperly flowing through several of her meridians. I might be able to revitalise her if I can strike the correct pressure point."

Alex raises her right hand in a closed fist to about chest level, grips her wrist with her left hand, and extends her index and middle fingers to concentrate more energy to her extremities. After sufficient concentration she quickly pulls her hand back, and using a skill of 2, she jabs Ikora in the eye.

"..yep, I think that should do it."

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »

Hopefully that does anything at all, since Ikora had her Revolver turnedupon her, where it lodged a bullet into her totally life-like eye socket and caused a critical system error. She simply collapsed and fell into a pleasant looping sleeping protocol as internal repairs began.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9