Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Maids in Space!  (Read 12425 times)

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Maids in Space!
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »

"Intruder detected in engine room."

"Ёб твою мать!"

Meanwhile:
Sensors detect a cloaked ship just off the port side.

Shura coms the Master's quarters; "Капитан, there is cloaked ship to port-side. Is there any way to defend ourselves from it?"

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2013, 08:51:10 AM »

The Master's voice sounds panicky.

"Gaaaaaah! Raise the shields! Fire the weapons! Evasive manoevers! We're a sitting duck!"

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »

The Master's voice sounds panicky.

"Gaaaaaah! Raise the shields! Fire the weapons! Evasive manoevers! We're a sitting duck!"

"Have faith in maid team, everything will be fine! After this is over we can celebrate. I'll even make some snacks for you." (Affection 3)

.oO(And the other girls of course! They did all the work after all.)

Shura switches the com off and looks for the control to raise the shields, hopefully the ninja didn't damage them too much... after that, she looks for weapons. (OOC I'm assuming they can all be controlled from this room.)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 07:28:06 PM »

Unfortunately, the shields can only be controlled from the shield room, the weapons from the weapons room, and so on. This seemed like a good idea when the ship was built fifty years ago, during the war with the Tharmaxlons.

On the bridge, a blinking red panel says "SHIELDS DOWN". A security screen shows all the controls in the shield room are broken and sparks are coming out.

Grammy vs Lone Ninja
Grammy: 1x3=3
Ninja: 1x3=3

The mantis tilts its head inquisitively and emits a set of clicks and whistles. It shakes its head and raises its sword in a defensive stance again.

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2013, 08:02:12 PM »

Unfortunately, the shields can only be controlled from the shield room, the weapons from the weapons room, and so on. This seemed like a good idea when the ship was built fifty years ago, during the war with the Tharmaxlons.

(OOC This is starting to sound a lot like FTL.)

Coms to shield room: "I don't mean to alarm you ladies further, but there is cloaked ship off port side and we need shields back! Also; if anyone is good shot, it might be smart to operate the guns!"

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2013, 02:30:21 AM »

Becky grabs the microphone "Wait, like, nobody get on the guns just yet." She looks over at Shura, "Hey, can you get us a bit closer to that thing, like, nudge right up against it?"

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2013, 04:00:19 AM »

Becky grabs the microphone "Wait, like, nobody get on the guns just yet." She looks over at Shura, "Hey, can you get us a bit closer to that thing, like, nudge right up against it?"

"So long as engine room hasn't been damaged too severely... maybe. What about the shields?"

(I think we should probably let the rest of the maid team catch up in posts now) :whoops:

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »

It's a tricky manoever. You can do it safely on an 8, or terribly dangerously on a 4. You're still on -1 to rolls for dirty apron, but +3 to the result for your Maid Power, Hard Work. Engines are still online. Wanna try?

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »

[Can I assist, adding my luck of 3 to the attempt?]

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »

Sure, if you can explain how.

Ikora's Stress Explosion ends.

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2013, 11:56:37 PM »

Alex notices Ikora rousing from her nap. "It took a while, but it seems my harmonious fist has finally rejuvenated her. You can take care of yourself, right?" Alex asks. She doesn't wait for an answer though,  because Shura's message has her attention. "It seems they need help getting the shields back up." She rushes over to the shield room to try to fix what's broken with her limited repair skill of 2.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2013, 03:04:01 AM »

Becky gets on the controls with shura, hitting random useful looking buttons that look related to the engines and maneuvering.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2013, 05:39:57 AM »

Grammy changes her tactics. Tossing her hair back she slowly saunters towards the Ninjask.

"It must get awfully lonely being an nonspeaking horror that only knows murder. I... know what that can be like?"

(2 affection)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2013, 09:51:40 AM »

I'll assume nobody's going to counter moving the ship closer.

Drive Me Closer! I Want To Hit Them With My Sword
Shura: 2x(1-1)+3 = 3
Rebecca: 3x3=9
TOTAL: 12

In the heat of the crisis, Shura keeps messing up the controls. Rebecca accidentally hits the automatic docking thruster control and the ship slides up so close to the enemy that it just barely touches. You hear a "tink".

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 11:23:55 PM »

Becky grins. "That should be close enough." She looks at the scanners, trying to figure out where the bridge would be, then gives up, she walks away and gets on her skateboard. "Be right back, dude~" she says just before she vanishes, teleporting over to a random spot on the other ship, hoping she gets lucky and lands on the bridge. [Using luck again]

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2013, 07:53:12 AM »

Rebecca: 2x3=6

*BAMF*

You're inside an alien ship with purple walls. The bridge is manned by nobody but a small wheeled robot that looks like a trashcan with arms. The robot wheels away into the corner when you arrive. It looks like you can control the whole ship from here.

Unfortunately, the controls are in weird alien writing. There's a blinking red panel, a triangular blue panel, and an oblong green panel. Touching the each panel probably does... something.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2013, 01:10:44 AM »

Becky lowers her sunglasses. "Wow, Mondo complicated, dude." She decides rather than try figure out the specifics. She'll use a tried and trusted method.

She bashes the hell out of the panel, trying to land a lucky hit with her bat, then skates over to the little robot, picking it up and teleporting back onto the mansion-ship near shura, with the robot in her arms. [Using luck again, it's worked well so far!]

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2013, 07:07:47 AM »

Bad Gran Versus Dragon Ninja
Grammy: 1x2=2
Ninja: 3x2=6

The mantis ninja suddenly grabs something from his pocket -- a weapon? -- and points it at Grammy. The object bleeps: "Universal translator activated."

Then it translates the creature's clicks and screeches, but out of sync with the mouth movements:

"Our biological data of your species indicates that you are beyond the optimal age for combat OR procreation. You are not even worth capturing as a slave."

Grammy takes 3 Stress.

He plants a high-tech explosive on the engine core, taps a communicator on his wrist and lifts it to his mouth in one fluid motion.

"Floyd-002, teleport me out."

The ninja confidently waits as the timebomb ticks down.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2013, 07:26:42 AM »

Grammy stands, stunned, as the alien turns to plant the bomb.

"too... old..?"

Reaching for the nearest blunt object she can find, she pulls a part that's probably pretty important out of the engine room. Running at the obviously-completely-misinformed-about-culture Mantis' back she reaches to grab for both him and the bomb, hoping to hitch a ride on the teleport.

[If I can't manage to bullshit a 3 on cunning for timing, then I have a 2 skill roll for it]

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2013, 07:37:17 AM »

Beep! Boop
Rebecca: 5x3=15

Suddenly, the alien ship decloaks, lowers its shields and powers down weapons... and just sits there.

The ninja looks nervously at the bomb and speaks through his communicator.

"Floyd-002! Teleport now! ... What do you mean you're not on the bridge? ... What are you doing on THIS ship? ... What exactly is a 'skateboard'?"

The ninja makes a panicked run for the door before being knocked unconscious by a pensioner with an important chunk of warp conduit pipe.

Grammy: 5x3=15
Ninja: 4x3=12

Grammy barely has time to roll underneath the lowering blast doors before the explosion engulfs the engine room.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9